Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: deficitism]
    #4789163 - 10/11/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I just wanted to ask Deficitism, when you tried your shroomy lemonade, was the experience more intense than usual?

I'm personally amazed the "lemonade tek" worked at all, and I can't wait to try shrooms that way, whether or not it was more intense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: Economist]
    #4791560 - 10/12/05 04:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Economist said:
I just wanted to ask Deficitism, when you tried your shroomy lemonade, was the experience more intense than usual?

I'm personally amazed the "lemonade tek" worked at all, and I can't wait to try shrooms that way, whether or not it was more intense.

Yes it was. I consider myself to be a VERY experienced tripper and have found that this lemon juice method actually works. Trust me it was definitely more intense and shorter lasting. The visuals were incredibly powerful compared to my past 3.5 - 5 gram experiences with this strain. I highly recommend trying it.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: deficitism]
    #4791668 - 10/12/05 06:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The saga continues ^_^

I was returning to baseline from a hefty MDMA session the other day at 10AM when suddenly was struck by a novel way in which this might work.

Some people here have had no noticable effects but then again many here have had overwhelmingly strong responses. Since I have seen it work for myself and chatted with a friend while he underwent a similar potentiation i'm going from there.

If you are, arms outstretched, resting your forehead against the wall for five minutes, while three-dimensional visuals fill the realm of your closed eyes and the wallpaper has inch-thick waves rolling over it, and you just took 0.25gr, something is out of the ordinary, at least for me.

I was suddenly struck by an idea that might well be the mechanism in which this works, I've called it the hydrophilic-isosmotic hypothesis

I've discovered several things about the major liquids observed:

1...Lemon Juice and 5% Ascorbic acid contain a LOT of ions and are in fact almost isosmotic, meaning isotonic with physiological saline. 5.52% Citric acid solution is isosmotic, Lemon juice contains 5-8%. A 5% ascorbic acid solution gave strong potentiation, while a 5.94% solution is isosmotic.

2...Dimethyltryptamines such as those of mushrooms are poorly watersoluble weak bases. The fruit acids are weak acids. Weak acids with weak bases give weak salt bonds. The way to decrease dissociation is to strongly lower the pH, as seen in the DMT extraction where the pH has to be driven far to either side for effective extraction.

3...Citric acid and Ascorbic acid form highly watersoluble salts that are well absorbed by the stomach, our primary location for absorption of watersolubles. Phosphoric acid (Psilocybin and cola drinks) forms highly watersoluble salts too, but phosphoric acid salts are very poorly absorbed: Disodium Phosphate for instance is in fact used in half-ounce doses as a nonabsorbable laxative without significantly raising serum sodium.

4...The stomach is best at dissolving watersolubles from an Isotonic/isosmotic solution, hence the isotonic sports drinks, and longer fasts increase the rapidity with which nutrients will be absorbed.

Sooo.. if you combine all this then you see that the most rapid absorption (and thus highest peak concentrations at the receptors) takes place from a near-isotonic solution that contains as much carboxylic acidity as possible, preferably as acidic as undiluted stomach juice and in small volume, which produces highly watersoluble and swiftly absorbable salts..

When 1.5gr Ascorbic acid was made into a 30ml solution and the mushrooms were soaked in there for 15min, the solution was near ideal: almost isotonic, small volume, pH 2. When it was taken on morning's empty stomach the stomach was best prepared for it too, being eager to take in nutrients because of a 10 hour fast. The results ought to be very impressive. And they were: approximately 5x potentiation, about the highest potentiation reported.

This explains the Ascorbic acid results (best at 5%, still good at 1.2%), it explains why Lemon juice would be effective in many cases and why Deficitism's acidic lemonade worked out. The solution has to be:

--Close to isotonic/isosmotic
--Very acidic
--Small in volume
--Soaked for approx 15 minutes

and it has to land on an empty stomach that has preferably not seen food or drink for hours.

1-2 fluid ounce of Cranberry or Lemon/Lime juice are the closest readily available solutions, 5.94% Ascorbic acid or 5.52% Citric acid or 3.9% Tartaric acid in demineralized/destilled water would be optimal.

I think I got it pretty much nailed with this one!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinecornoir
Stranger
Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: Asante]
    #4791878 - 10/12/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Wiccan_seeker,

Any thoughts on heat (low) to help the process or magnify the results?

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: mockeylock]
    #4792363 - 10/12/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:
I tried about a gram, powdered, with a shot of lemon juice last night.

I haden't eaten in a couple hours, and I took it all down at once, but it was definately a very mild trip. Just barely started to get visuals--nothing close to what I get off an 1/8...

The shroom powder did sit in the lemon juice in the fridge for a few hours before i drank it.

I'm really sensitive to the psilicybin, too. I thought this might really whack me out, but it didn't.

Only other factors....I used lemon juice from a bottle not fresh....
and I was pretty tired when I ate them. I was dozing off during the trip so obviously it didn't hit me too hard...

No, I used fresh lemons with a 2g dose, and didn't feel anything that 2g of mushrooms wouldn't account for (and actually felt only a mild effect even for the dose I took.) The friend I was with described it as the most powerful mushroom experience he's had, but I didn't feel a damn thing until I got to the peak and then decided to smoke a bowl out of sheer frustration.

This isn't to belittle the experiences of others, but I don't see what all the fuss is about now that I've tried it for myself.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4792527 - 10/12/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Is the quality of the juice of any importance? as if i wass to actually make the juice out of fresh fruit , or just buy a couple of liters int he supermarket?

Offlinebarisk
Psychonaut Doctor

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Callampin]
    #4793215 - 10/12/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The last biggest dosage I have taken is 10 gr. dried with maoi.It was really intense very close to dob just shorter duration and more enthogenic.It was 2 weeks ago.
After reading this I decided to try this.I ate about 2 gr mixed with citric acid solution(artificial lemon juice).I just wait 20 sec or so.And I drink it.
I sit back and listen music.I don't know when it starts but when I tought it past like 2 hours or so.It's only 40 minutes past.I can't believe my eyes.It was intense like taking 10 gr with maoi.I feel exactly the same onset with that combo.
The floor the walls the trees every fucking object start to talk with me. see all the things rotating,floating but I experienced little hear hallucination.
I will pause sometime of psychodelics cause they started to make me mad.Everything is so intense and clear thoughts are flying but I can't talk normally with the normal people.I acting funny when I am high.
:peace:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:
--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: barisk]
    #4795063 - 10/12/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

As soon as I have access to mushies again, I will give this a try.  :smile:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: cornoir]
    #4795333 - 10/12/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Any thoughts on heat (low) to help the process or magnify the results?

Any heating will likely be sooner detrimental than beneficial IMO.

One thing which will work however is warming it to about body temperature, because it frees the stomach of unwanted thermal effects that have to be sorted out before absorption. Isosmotic, body temperature.. make it super-easy on your stomach because I too believe the potentiation is solely due to faster/more efficient absorption.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Asante]
    #4798456 - 10/13/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What is the best way to powder up mushies?

Next time I trip i might just try and grind them up in the back but I don't want them to stick to the bag. The I'll put them into some OJ or cran juice or squeezed-lemon juice.

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4798947 - 10/13/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well yesterday i finally got the weilii that i have been waiting for. So last night i put five medium sized weilii in a bottle of orange juice mixed with lemon juice and and one fresh one separately. With only 6 weilii total i tripped harder than i had ever preciously tripped (and i have eaten 14 caps before). I almost called my friend because i was tripping so hard, i just waited it out though and it was an overall amazing experience. I started to feel the come up only 5 minutes after chugging the juice, but i peaked about 2 hours after i drank (weird). I tripped really hard for about an hour and a half with only 6 mushrooms though and i think thats pretty wicked.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

OfflineStaypuft
Floyd Fanatic
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4798980 - 10/13/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Tried this over the weekend. Powderized 1.2gr of mushrooms and mixed with a double shot of freshly squeezed Lime. Waited 5 minutes and then took the shot. This ended up perhaps being 2x more potent but not nearly to what a 1/8 of decent mushrooms will do to me.

--------------------
The gnomes have found a new way to say hooooray.
How do you feel?

Offlineonz
GateKeeper
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Staypuft]
    #4803027 - 10/14/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Great thread!
great site, fist post so high everyone :smile:

reading that took ages

--------------------
It was just a detour, a shortcut.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: onz]
    #4803115 - 10/14/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

How much would one want to mix with wet mushies. I'm downing 50 grams of wet pan subbs tonight and wonder how much lime juice should I add.

I figure throw them in a blender with some OJ ( usuually how I do it) and then squeeze a couple limes into the concoction and blend for about 5 minutes and chug.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: vandago]
    #4803149 - 10/14/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So my buddies and i tried it out... half an eigth in one lemon's juice...sitting for fifteen minutes or so. half an hour later a huuuge buzz was coming over us, in the head, chest, the arms very relaxing though to let it message me.

anyhow it was the best time yet, thats all
it works nicely (:

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
Re: I may have discovered something... [now a community experiment - please contribute] [Re: cornoir]
    #4803764 - 10/14/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 03:45 PM)

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: I may have discovered something... [now a community experiment - please contribute] [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4806138 - 10/15/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

OK, I was excited about this, although I've never felt any benefits from mixing shrooms in any way with any substance. I thought I'd give it a try.

I'd consider myself fairly experienced with shrooms, I've tripped about 100 times. I know what each level feels like and what to expect.

I used 3 fresh limes and 1 gram of shrooms which I placed in the juice and blended with the braun mixer for about a minute. I placed the juice in the fridge and let it sit for an hour.

I didn't feel any effects stronger than a 1.0 gram usually gives me.

I also hadn't eaten for about 4 hours and hadn't done any drugs for 7 days prior.

So, I just thought I'd report, it didn't work for me.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: slammin007]
    #4806508 - 10/15/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for letting us know about this UnderHillMaster! I just tried it and IT WORKS!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
A friend and I both took 2 grams of shrooms powderized in a weed grinder and let it sit in a glass of freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice. We used 1 lemon and 1 lime for each glass and let the shrooms soak for 5 minutes before drinking it. I knew something was going to happen in 15 minutes. 30 minutes and I was trippin hard! This shit hits you like a brick wall and the come up was very rough for me. All of that citric acid wasn't sitting well in my stomach and I felt like I was gonna hurl. I was laying next to my toilet with the lights off in my bathroom thinking "THANK GOD I DIDN'T USE 3.5 GRAMS!!!" I felt great 30 minutes later and was tripping balls. It felt about like a 3.5 - 4 grams trip with only 2 grams, but the trip only lasted 4 hours. Both me and my friend agreed that lemons and lime do indeed make you trip harder, no joke! I had a great time and would never have tripped that hard if I would have eaten them plain.
Thanks again.

--------------------

Offlineonz
GateKeeper
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4806947 - 10/15/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

many posts of it not working only using LIME not lemon juice.
try again, with lemon no lime

--------------------
It was just a detour, a shortcut.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: onz]
    #4810309 - 10/16/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think the most efficient way would be to cut out the fruit altogether, and go with Wiccan's crushed tablets.

Limes seem to be the worst, though.

--------------------
:mallow:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale