Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: XUL]
    #4715881 - 09/26/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Prime discovery; 5 shrooms for you!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

If the acidity helps break down/digest the shrooms, then why not leave the powder in the lemon juice for a while and stir it up good before shooting it?
This would [supposedly) make a complete solution.
If i get some cubes from the field tomorrow (and i probably will) then you can expect that i'll elaborate on this theory very soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4715942 - 09/26/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know about a pill, but the juice from 2 lemons and a lime was barely over an ounce of fluid. I have a huge aversion to the taste and smell of shrooms from doing them so many times over the years, and this way was hard to beat. It was no worse than taking a single shot of whiskey. And it was so potent that I realized I had done a bad thing probably, and should have tried it with a single gram. I can't express how much stronger it is, I can only hope that some more people try it responsibly, and can relate their experiences.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4716040 - 09/26/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Id love to hear about other peoples experiments with the cranberry or lemon lime combos. I wouldnt be surprized if it works that well for other people. I wonder sometimes with recommendations like these if the shroomer isnt just becoming more capable of understandind and seeing the drugs full effects on low-mid doses naturaly. Im shure this concoctions effects are true to some extent. Id be very interested to hear more about it. Maybee do a control experiment and try one of those 1-2 gram doses without useing the lemon/lime method, to find out the degree to which you are really being effected by just the shrooms themselves. I find that the more body and mind learns about the mushrooms full spectrum of effects, the harder we trip the next time.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4716458 - 09/26/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:
It seems like any kind of acid would hinder the effects of shrooms. Don't acids break down/destroy things (ie. psilocybin/psilocin)? I still drink OJ with my shrooms however. At first I did it because I heard it intensifies the effects. But since then, I never came across any info that proves this is the case, but I still drink OJ because it masks the taste :smile:

This is why I'm going to have to chalk this one up to placebo effect.  There's just no scientific reason why ANY juice would increase effects at all.  I'd test this a few times.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4716470 - 09/26/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck I wish I had some mushrooms right now.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: stemmer]
    #4716479 - 09/26/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting report.

However, how does one account for the fact that the amount of psilocybin/psilocyin ingested should be the same?

Even if it were absorbed faster one would think that the maximal amount of psilocin in the blood stream ("peak plasma level") wouldn't differ very much (due to the fact that the metabolism of the drug now becomes the slowest or rate limiting step).

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4716494 - 09/26/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Would the acid in the cranberry juice not be simply acting as a catalyst speeding up the rate at which the psilocybin is absorbed into the bloodstream? How long did your trip last? Did you notice any difference in length between cranberry juice and lemon juice?

Sorry if I missed those details in your original post, but I'm tempted to think that you merely found a way to get an all at once rush from your mushies, rather than the steady climb people usualy experience...

I guess it's lke the Aquavite of mushrooms  :laugh:
(drink it a little too fast and you'll see what I'm talking about)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: StickyWater] * 1
    #4716619 - 09/26/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Catalyst! that's it! Thank's for the idea, StickyWater.  :wink: :thumbup:
If other acidic drinks don't do it, then maybe it's an enzyme specific to cranberries (and/or lemon & lime) that speeds up the process, not the acidity. This (and the saliva theory) would explain why stomach acids don't speed the process.
I think we're on to something...

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4716704 - 09/26/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps try this with vinegar, see if the same effects are achieved?

Anyone willing to down a shot of vinegar and shrooms in the name of science  :wink:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4716753 - 09/26/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Not me!
But that's a great idea for a control test.
Since vinegar doesn't contain any enzymes (naturally), then that could prove or disprove the acidity theory.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4716766 - 09/26/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I'd do it but you'll have to wait about a year (I have no plans to trip anytime soon). But if the question is still remains, I'll go for it.

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
    #4716793 - 09/26/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I mentioned in the original post, but the entire trip was over in under 4hrs. This was a 2+gram dose. The same size dose on cranberry of same strain would usually last about 6 hours with with a peak at about 4 hrs in. It also only takes about 10-15 minutes to start hitting with cranberry. The same 2+ gram dose just eaten usually lasts over 8hrs from ingestion, but takes an hr to hit sometimes. This is just my personal experience. My original cranberry thread is down below, and some of those people were able to verify that it seems to be stronger than eating/capsules/drinking with juice/chocolates. I think I could handle an ounce of vinegar lol, but I don't feel like tripping too soon after last nite. You won't honestly understand how crazy it is until you try it. Maybe after this following weekend someone will have tried and have an experience to share.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

OfflinePIPBoy2000
Stranger
    #4716867 - 09/26/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

A friend of mine brought this thread and forum to my attention and just wanted to share my experiences. I have tried the said method with grapefruit juice many times using 1+ grams at a time never exceding 1.5. The trip that this produced is so intense it seems like it lasts a normal 8-10 hours but only lasts like 3-4. I have also notice that if i packed a bong right after I slammed the shot of grapefruit juice it was too intense almost, but the most relaxed and entertained I've ever been in my life. I suggest everyone give this way of tripping a try, very enlightening. You have to try it to understand where we are coming from.

Edited by PIPBoy2000 (09/26/05 08:48 PM)

InvisibleMezcal
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4716869 - 09/26/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
if you immerse a powder of cubes in cranberry juice, the dry shroom dust absorbs something that is acidic. Meaning it is begun to be digested prior to ingestion and is allready saturated with acid. Also, I've not known people to be able to choke down a dry powder of shrooms, but if they did the mere surface area would help. The cranberry juice at the least would make it a lot easier to slam down, and cranberry juice is a potent flavor, so it would help make it less unpleasant.

I hear what you're saying, that the time in the juice allows more activity to free the alkaloids in the mushrooms, but cranberry juice only has a pH of about 3.5, making it about 500 times less acidic than gastric acid. I predict that if the mushrooms were taken with H2O there would be no effect in blood levels of psilocin- only way to find out? Some sort of controlled experimental atmosphere, which we can't have in the US. Unless you all would like to donate a gas chromatograph and some human subjects to test on!

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Mezcal]
    #4716897 - 09/26/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

snyder said:
Unless you all would like to donate a gas chromatograph...

Sorry, I don't have $800 to throw around on experiments.  :rolleyes:

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4716901 - 09/26/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I predict that if the mushrooms were taken with H2O there would be no effect in blood levels of psilocin

Would this not be simply making tea?

Perhaps try dissolving an antacid into the cranberry juice next time to help neutralize the acidity and see if it makes a difference?

InvisibleMezcal
    #4717007 - 09/26/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Do people typically finely powder the mushrooms when making tea?

I think the important factor here is the powdering, not the juice. But, I would definitely rather swallow mush mush in cranberry juice rather than in H2O.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4717069 - 09/26/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've eaten finely powdered shrooms before, I didn't notice anything out different enough for me to suggest that powdering the shrooms made much of, if any difference... On a somewhat unrelated note, powdered shrooms is quite possibly the most disgusting feeling/flavour combination I've ever put in my mouth, and I generaly don't mind the taste of shrooms...

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4717178 - 09/26/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i believe vinegar is less acidic than lemon juice, so i dont think would be worht it to take a shot of that..

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Limelight]
    #4717230 - 09/26/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, how acidic is it in comparison to cranberry juice then?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale