Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
the shape of the divine?
    #4282571 - 06/11/05 06:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OK, i had the wierdest, yet best experience i've ever had in my life yesterday
I had been getting a little less sleep each night this week. I was feeling wuite tired at work, but I somehow i was finding it easier to almost "split" my conscious thought processes into two different directions at once. I had "one side" of my brain on the job i was doing, and "the other side" on the contemplation i'd begun a week or two ago about the "shape of things" and the pattern of the universe.
Although i know at some times during the day i would have appeared pretty "spaced out" to colleagues, but nevermind about that.
Well, it reached a point in the mid-afternoon where everything i saw seemed to... "shift focus" ... is the best way i can describe it. You know like in films and on TV when they twist the picture around the centre a bit? well kinda like that, but with loads of centres all around, in everything, and wherever i looked, the focus shifted (even if just a little).
I was almost able to hear what I, and the person i was talking to at that point, were going to say before we said it. This lasted for about half an hour to an hour. Thinking back on it, i think the message of it was:
if you want to see the future, all you have to do is give yourself a taste of your God(-hood) (turning your self inside-out, becoming invisible, being able to fly, all just different ways of describing this same experience). But the moment you do, you'll totally annihiliate your "self".
But there was a little more...
I think the "shape" of divinity, if it can be said to have a shape - well OK, let's say just a number. After all, like that guy with the strange from of synesthesia who sees numbers as shapes, and numbers are in everything, numbers are just a way of describing shapes. Anyway, I am now almost certain (well as certain as any of us can ever be) that the number that describes divinity is best represented as pi. Pi is just the pattern that the divine consciousness leaves within everything we can ever find in this existence. It's the "universal pattern" that, if you look at anything for long enough, can be used to describe it in some way.
What made me see this? well, i noticed the ever-shifting focus was kinda taking on that greek symbol used to represent pi. Although, only very roughly. I suppose, not necessarily an "actual" shape, my mind knowing it is used by us to represent pi, would equate the number pi to this shape, or very similar at any rate.
The final "bit" of this picture clicked when the person giving me a lift home started the car to drive me home. I had to try real hard not to just stop talking, because the pattern i saw became...very beautiful. What happened was, as the driver asked me about which route home would be fastest, and i started trying to answer the question, i began to see the entire shape of the route home as that symbol Pi. It doesn't make sense as i am explaining it - we were at a single point, so how could that become two different lines that then joined onto a single path/road (one end of which was right by my house here)?
But as i saw this pattern, it became clearer and clearer, until we were actually "on" one of those two initial, more or less parallel lines.
When we finally reached the house, by happy coincidence (or perhaps divine intervention?) the driver stopped the car RIGHT OUTSIDE the house, even though she'd never been there before. Or at least as far as she is aware.
I am beginning to see the entire pattern for myself now. Focus your self on a single goal at a single point in space, allow your focus to show you the way to guide your self there, and you'll always arrive right at where you were aiming for - you'll get there just in the nick of time.
But you must be careful what you aim for - get too greedy, try to give your self a taste of God(-hood) and you may just succeed - which is when and where you'll totally annihilate your self in this universe.
Isn't that just absolutely divine?
I think maybe that's what death is - from the perspective of those you leave behind, you appear to have died. From your perspective, you just make yourself invisible, fly all around the world, then go back to the beginning of time and watch the universe all unfold from itself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: newjon]
    #4282921 - 06/11/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nice post! :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4282984 - 06/11/05 11:59 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

seeking the shape of things
or trying to find the key to allthings is what we do for all matters of importance.

we try to find the smoothest linkage for what is in the picture
we smooth, we inbetween, we blend and overlay, we extrapolate
and feel the resulting smoothed shape, is it good?, can we hold it smoothly - can we look at it from any side and recognize it?

to do the smoothing we need to see more than one instance and apply the correllations. keeping yourself detached helps with the doubling up - no wonder you had a good week.

each set of moments has its own essential key which can be smoothed out so if you find the greek letter pi one day you may find alpha on another and omega on the next.

is there a key that all keys are smoothed to? ( just another smoothing challenge, say hi to god for me. )

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4282987 - 06/11/05 12:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

newjon said:

I was almost able to hear what I, and the person i was talking to at that point, were going to say before we said it.

This happens to me everyday.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: TiCal]
    #4283167 - 06/11/05 12:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I was feeling wuite tired at work, but I somehow i was finding it easier to almost "split" my conscious thought processes into two different directions at once. I had "one side" of my brain on the job i was doing, and "the other side" on the contemplation i'd begun a week or two ago about the "shape of things" and the pattern of the universe.

so basically....you were *zoning out* ?

..... ..... ..

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: Gomp]
    #4283221 - 06/11/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

shapeless, is a shape..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #4283348 - 06/11/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You should go rent the movie Pi.. My guess you'll appreciate it.  :thumbup:

OfflineSantaServant
Friend and KnownEnemy
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: Gomp]
    #4283366 - 06/11/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

this is just a tangent, so goes the speculation:

people assume that reading minds means hearing other's thought's from their own internalized, subjective word structure. It is really just listening with all senses and not just two ears.

Part two. I remember from the Revalation to John that there is repeated patterns of destruction where one third of grass, people, fuzzy dice, carrots are destroyed. Now is left
two thirds. As a fraction it is .6666666666666[7]. The number name of the Beast is 666. Having written this I do not intend to leave a concllusion. When I think too hard logic becomes all consuming, i start to sweat.

--------------------
There comes a time for every man to sail the Seas of Cheese.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: SantaServant]
    #4283425 - 06/11/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Is there anywhere in the Bible mentioned that the number of the beast is 666?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineSantaServant
Friend and KnownEnemy
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4283539 - 06/11/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yes in The Revelation to John. The final book of the new testament. But this thread Is for newjon and his revelation. So hopefully the post can find it's way back to the beginingend begin again.

--------------------
There comes a time for every man to sail the Seas of Cheese.

Offlineilithmar
Stranger
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: SantaServant]
    #4289007 - 06/12/05 11:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Phi is another really nice number

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4290887 - 06/13/05 01:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: the shape of the divine? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4294243 - 06/14/05 05:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think the divine is a star shape

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology