Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
S H R O O M S
    #4139646 - 05/05/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok... so I've read and read about shrooms allover the place. I read just about all the info in the vault, I've read tons and tons of trip reports etc. But still, nothing has told me how it really feels to be on shrooms. Sure I've heard about all the bad trips, and the good trips, and the visuals... but what exactly is "Tripping"... what happens to your mentality? What does ego-loss feel like? Is this something you can even begin to fathom until you try them? I'm really interested in trying them, and if an experienced shroomer could hit me with the straight up truth about what I'm in store for... that would be awesome. Thanks.

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4139669 - 05/05/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You can research until you're computer explodes but you'll never fully understand what the power of mushrooms is, or feels like, until you try them. There's no way anyone can put it into words, and even if we tried you wouldn't understand, and ego loss isn't even understood by those who are lucky enough to achieve it. It cannot be understood, or comprehended, and it damn well can't be explained to another. Telling someone what tripping is like, is like trying to tell a blind man what the color red looks like. You can try and try and try, but he'll never fully comprehend.

Just try them, and good luck.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: S H R O O M S [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4139675 - 05/05/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

All I can say is this.

Weed is to mushrooms, as a bike is to a jetplane.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4139678 - 05/05/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^what (they) said.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Edited by SuperD (05/05/05 08:59 PM)

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: SuperD]
    #4139919 - 05/05/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

all i can say is its a new awakening. You dive deeeeep into your mind, and you can mentally feel that you have more of your brain to work with than before, unfortunately, all the fdilters that regulate our ability to remain calm, or stuff like that also have a hard time functioning as normal. Its insane dude  :cool:

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: gma]
    #4140159 - 05/05/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you may hate /love it

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: niCCa]
    #4140192 - 05/05/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

during the great awakening of the 17Th century, it was said that there was an outbreak of ergot(the chemical LSD was synthesized from) and that's what caused "the great awakening" . one day whether it's the first trip or 50Th trip, you will find your own awakening as did out great ancestors of the past!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: S H R O O M S [Re: danlennon3]
    #4140487 - 05/06/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's like researching anything you want to try. You can research for days and weeks on the experience of skydiving but after your read all you can read, you're not going to know what it's like untill you actually try it. Same goes for mushrooms or any other experience for that matter. The key is you are armed with knowledge now and I honestly think that it will help you through the mushroom experience... good or bad.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: S H R O O M S [Re: djd586]
    #4141320 - 05/06/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the feelings are so variable...it always feels a little different. Somtimes ifs a feeling of sheer wonder and love. Somtimes its a feeling of wanting to be sober and fear. Just dont be stupid (like i was) and take them in a dumb place.

Other then that...you have to experience it! Once you do, these trip reports will make alot more sense to you.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisiblemarvoman
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: Toddo]
    #4141535 - 05/06/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How do trips feel?

Fucking Great :smile:)
What with all the being God and stuff...

InvisibleWaltHenderson
Drug Geek
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: marvoman]
    #4143962 - 05/06/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree completely with the posters above who say tripping really has to be experienced to be understood. Nevertheless, this is something I've thought about quite a bit, so I feel compelled to give it a try. :smile: The following is based on personal contemplation about my own experiences, both from within and without my trips themselves, and may in no way resemble your own experience.

The best way I can think of to describe the experience of tripping is to briefly explain my amateur understanding of how the human brain works. To the best of my knowledge, psychedelic drugs make me trip because they chemically interact with the same receptors usually reserved for those chemical reactions that form my 'sober' consciousness. Within sober consciousness, these reactions usually form relatively stable and coherent patterns??my thoughts, personality, emotions, memories, etc. That's me, as best as I've been able to understand it.

When a psychedelic drug interacts with these receptors, the reaction is obviously very different??although many psychedelics are chemically similar to substances found naturally in the human brain, even slight chemical differences can significantly alter the nature of the reactions. When enough of a psychedelic is ingested to effect a significant portion of my brain, it manifests as changes in those patterns of chemicals that form my consciousness. Because those patterns are different, my thinking and perception of the world are correspondingly altered.

On second thought, I suppose I didn't really say anything about the nature of the experience itself. So much for me.  :rolleyes: I guess all I can really say is that if you approach psychedelics with an open mind, you might be able to notice a few useful patterns within life that might have otherwise escaped your notice. :smile:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: WaltHenderson]
    #4144103 - 05/06/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try explaining sex to a virgin. Its the exact same deal.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: S H R O O M S [Re: marvoman]
    #4146605 - 05/07/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

marvoman said:
How do trips feel?

Fucking Great :smile:)
What with all the being God and stuff...

HAHAHAHAH!!! exactly!!

I like to describe tripping like so; it's like living your entire life in six hours. Every emotion you've ever felt is amplified, mixed and used to paint a picture of everything you know. Patterns in life are expressed as patterns in your trip, and everything seems to perfect to be a coincidence. You may love it, you may hate it, or you could just be too confused to understand what happened so you'll just blow them off as a waste of time or a good way to get fucked up.

But like everyone has said, you have to try them to understand.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract