Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded?
    #1546477 - 05/13/03 10:27 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I was first going to just eat a few grams.... but now I have a quarter... so I was thinking about eating the whole 7 gs... do you guys think that I'll be able to focus on the movie?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: Malachi]
    #1546494 - 05/13/03 10:32 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I doubt it very seriously, but What kind of mush are they?

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1546496 - 05/13/03 10:33 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

oh sure, 7g, but will you be able to control your emotions in front of 100 people, or will you stand up and start yelling "NEO WILL SAVE US"? i'd go for 3g.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: cube421]
    #1546499 - 05/13/03 10:34 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I'm betting that you would not even be able to watch the movie on 7gs.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1546501 - 05/13/03 10:34 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I'd say eat about half that much... and that might be pushing it.
Keep in mind your going to have to sit still, not talk, and be in a large crowded movie theater. If you get up, you might not find your way back to your seat. If you need to throw up, you might not make it to the bathroom on time. Plus there is the sticky floor, and the buttery smell of popcorn.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1546502 - 05/13/03 10:35 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

A matter of fact that sounds like a miserable time all together.

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: pattern]
    #1546503 - 05/13/03 10:35 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

stick with 3g's, Hell- maybe even 2.... ?

But 7g's sounds like your just Asking for trouble in a theatre

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: cube421]
    #1546511 - 05/13/03 10:38 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

if ya do do this...I suggest the back of the theater

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1546517 - 05/13/03 10:39 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

NEO WILL SAVE US

HAHAH :grin:

I personally think it'll be cool enough sober. I've never watched a movie tripping but I have on other things and I prefer them sober but if you're going for it I'd say 2-2.5g just enough so when you watch it sober you can tell its the same movie but it'll still kick ass to an unnatural level :wink:

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1546545 - 05/13/03 10:47 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I really enjoyed the Matrix when I first saw it, I probably would have loved it just as much on shrooms. But, on shrooms, I would rather see a happy trippy movie than a dark/horror movie.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1546601 - 05/13/03 11:07 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

:grin:
Smoke a blunt instead. That's what I plan on doing. 

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1546615 - 05/13/03 11:11 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I tried to watch the first matrix on 2 grams of shrooms on Halloween. I couldn't pay attention to anything but thoughts

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1546629 - 05/13/03 11:16 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

if u can handle it, u'll probably have fun.. i know Lord of the Rings kicked ass on acid.. and i'm going to see Matrix Reloaded on acid too

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Offlinemoe
I Eat Children

Loc: Florida
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: GWAR]
    #1546806 - 05/14/03 12:31 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

The Matrix is already confusing enough as it is for me, I would never understand it if i was on any sort of drug.

--------------------
Many nice things suck.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: moe]
    #1549255 - 05/14/03 10:21 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

i watched the first matrix on dvd on 7 grams and i couldent pay attention to the movie , but ive seen it so many times so it didnt matter.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
    #1549542 - 05/15/03 12:24 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

soon as i saw the trailer (tonight) i though, must watch movie in theatres on mushrooms!
i say go for the 7, i went to red dragon with niggy in november and he was on about 4-5 grams of liberty caps and an undisclosed ammount of pan subbs.
he just sorta started staring goofily at his hands and whispering mixtures of hippie-philosophy and words you might hear in sunday school around christmastime.  he diddnt even see the movie, and he looked like a drooling retard, we were almost shitting our pants that he might start wigging, but somehow, in his "mellow space" he kept it all together.  if it was me i would have been totally into the movie and also scared as hell. :smile:  make sure you have sitters when you do this, we had to guide niggy out at the end.

now, a little advice, when you watch this movie, you will be pulled into it, you will be in an audience full of morphing bodies, some of them will look like secret agents, the theatre will resemble the matrix (the outer, human-containing part)
and evryone will be watching the movie. the movie is full of petterns and philisophical concepts your brain might confuse with the here and now. visual imagery isnt the only thing that melts and twists, so does emotion, thought, and conceptual reality.  basically consider your critical thinking gone. withought time as a foot into reality, its just your emotions, the universe, and the movie.
i remember when i was taking 4g of shrooms for lord of the rings, frodos sucess was to me a matter of my own survival, and that of the entire world. it was real, and the movie had very clear and obvious indications that it wasnt just a movie, but what was really happening, and i was simply, as a watcher, a preceiver, the manifestation of all i preceive.... directly effected by the outcome.
so yes, i said stuff like "please frodo, PLEASE WAKE UP" aloud. :P  i even felt a sickening guilt whenever i saw the ring or whenever i saw trechery.
the hills and mountains, just after gandalf was pulled into the abyss BECAME gandalf, repeated again and again in patterns of wizards all reaching to the east, pointing, each wizard was part of another wisard, overlapping and obscure, yet clearly visable, so much so that i was sure the effect was intentional,  it was only after much exploration of the movie while sober that i realized this was mearly hallucination.

the matrix reloaded... in theatres, on 7 grams?
please do it, and tell us about it, all the insights, treat it as a journey and you wont miss it by getting lost in your thoughts,  but remember, you will never see the movie that way again, and it might mean something totally different the next time you see it.  one things for sure, its supercharged and crazy. i can immagine feeling very lost and afraid, maybe even hopeless, regretting it, but stick it out, because after all, its just a trip and it will pass, youll always have the movie later to remind you of the way you felt and what you saw.
after all, youre only... human.
consider it the red pill (or was it blue, i forget)

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Malachi]
    #1549554 - 05/15/03 12:30 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: ]
    #1549610 - 05/15/03 01:00 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Fuck it man, eat 20 grams.  Just remember, there is no shroom :smile:.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
Re: how much shrooms should I eat at the matrix reloaded? [Re: TheDude]
    #1550175 - 05/15/03 04:55 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Lol..
Ontopic: I think 2 or 3 grams before the movie is a better idea, plan it so that the nausea is over when the movie starts.. (or if you want to really understand the movie at it's best, when you're over the top.)

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
the meta experience... an intersection in dimension... [Re: TheDude]
    #1550194 - 05/15/03 05:23 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Well, I didn't take 7 gs. I ate about 5 gs, give or take, and left about 2gs for another trip... I'm in the process of coming down, it's 3:45, I dosed at about 9:30, the movies started at 10.

anyway, that said, I feel confident that the dose was sufficient. I didn't drink any fluids for most of the day-- and fasted of course, I usually fast, but the not drinking anything was new-- anyway I stopped eat/drinking around 11am. Also, I ran about a mile and a half about 40 minutes before dosing.

anyway, the point is that given my preparation, I think that I made those 5 gs really count.

the trip started before the movie, trying to find a seat. it was a really confusing situation involving getting a ticket with a non tripping friend, then finding a tripping friend who had a seat but not two, so I couldn't sit with the non tripping friend. it all got worked out in a really trippy manner, we found three seats all the way in front and all the way to the left (stage right for you theatre geeks), but two other guys I know had already claimed the seats we had found, so I got to stay there but my friend couldn't. it was weird. there where only a few open seats next to each other, and they of course where all claimed for someone coming or whatever, so when we came stumbling around asking "hey are these seats taken" to the people around the only open seats in three different theatres, people where copped attitude like it was obvious that we couldn't sit anywhere. it was a really frustrating situation, and it was providence that I found a seat when and where I did. just trippy. that, of course, is when things got really interesting... THE MATRIX RELOADED IS THE FUCKING BOMB. now that I've expressed that, I can sort of comment on what exactly went on in that theatre. the movie is a happening, a be-in, real performance art. it is so postmodern, so self-commenting that it is almost satirical. but its not, its totally serious, and the self commentary is part of the whole philosophy that the movie conveys. by self commentary I mean like when a DJ is extra funky when he knows he just did something cool -- in this context the self commentary is in the way the movie fucks with audiences expectations.

alright, I can see already that I'm not doing this experience any real justice... I'm going to just kind of summarize my conclusions that this trip have led me to.

The matrix is about how it seems like hope and motivation, or wait-- will to be is the term I'm looking for-- it's about how a will to be seems irrational, but that it is actually real, it's just not a product of reason - because of lack of experience. the "experience" that leads to an understanding that existence ought to be valued is a trip, of course, as anyone reading this knows. but what is the trip? apprechiation (im not going to try to spell...) for the necessity of the game of black and white. neo's faith is shattered at the end of the movie, he says "if the prophecy was true, the war should be over" or something like that. this is like the state that contemporary theologan's are at...religion is wrong for trying to sell us a dream of non existence, anything that is world-denying. one level of understanding is that the world is not what is appears and that a nirvana can be made, but it must also be understood to validate existence-- in other words, the answer to neo's challenge is that no, the prophecy is right and nirvana must accomodate the duality of the world- black and white-- the change that neo has to make is changing the perspective in which the game is viewed. it has to be friendly. but all parties have to be accounted for, cause they all exist. I want to go on about the levels and the masters of the different levels and how this relates to shamanistic understandings of how to deal with the aspriations or goals of these masters.... and about how much the matrix is like El Topo... but I'm not going to, cause I'm done. Just do it. be sure of compassion, it is justified.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience