Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: Great Scott]
    #4018043 -

/sigh...

Looks like a lot of us are going to hell as a result of this post.

God Jehova, lord almighty, the alpha and omega... is watching you all post, repent now or else...


--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4018193 -

I'm not God's enemy, because God = Love. Every time I act out of love to another human being, I'm doing God's will. I don't need a church, a pope, or a religion to do that, I can do that on my own, because God created us with the capacity for it.

If you actually read the bible jesus spoke of loving one another, the kind of mind-controlling crap practiced by todays churches did not come from Jesus at all. He was in my opinion the first hippy, and he lived in a spirit of free flowing love, contrary to all of today's religions.


--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:


Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4018267 -

I wouldn't worry too much about the wrath of God. Any one using logic would see that there are too many theory's of who God is to know what God is, if he is, and what the hell he might want.

Don't believe in God myself. Used to. Used to believe the U.S.A. was the good guy. But I was just a wee young one. I started to critically think about it.

Yes my friends. YOU WILL BE CONDEMNED TO BURN FOR ETERNITY, BY AN ALL LOVING GOD. :grin: :grin: :crazy2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4018607 -

Smallworlds said:
I'm not God's enemy, because God = Love. Every time I act out of love to another human being, I'm doing God's will. I don't need a church, a pope, or a religion to do that, I can do that on my own, because God created us with the capacity for it.

If you actually read the bible jesus spoke of loving one another, the kind of mind-controlling crap practiced by todays churches did not come from Jesus at all. He was in my opinion the first hippy, and he lived in a spirit of free flowing love, contrary to all of today's religions.



you are right in saying everytime we act out of love to another human being, we are doing God's will, this is how Jesus decribed it:

Matthew 25:

31?When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34?Then the King will say to those on his right, ?Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.?

37?Then the righteous will answer him, ?Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you??

40?The King will reply, ?I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.?

41?Then he will say to those on his left, ?Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.?

44?They also will answer, ?Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you??

45?He will reply, ?I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.?

46?Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.?


aslo, about good and evil, Jesus decribed it in this parable Matthew 13:


24Jesus told them another parable: ?The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27?The owner's servants came to him and said, ?Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from??

28? ?An enemy did this,? he replied.

?The servants asked him, ?Do you want us to go and pull them up??

29? ?No,? he answered, ?because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.? ?


heaven and hell are a seperation between life of sin and life of God, sin = disobeying God, in hell you are not tortured by God, but rather forgotten by God, if you don't want God, you will live forever without him, if you want God, you will live forever with him, it's like being invited to a party, but you declined the invitation, and now it's too late to join in, you were offered it, and you said no.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: JCoke]
    #4018901 -

"God supposedly created human beings the way they are, therefore who we are is based on how He created us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that God even pre-determined our events in life, such as birth, death, and so forth."

"So by this model, wouldn't God be responsible for human transgressions? On top of that, considering how much people are a product of their environment, doesn't a person's actions reflect more of the events in a person's life, as well as the society a person was raised in?"

"In other words, for human beings to be truly responsible for their sins, they would have to be entirely free from any biological, neurological impluses which motivate people to do these things? On top of which, not have their fate pre-determined?"

Man wasn't created evil.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

However after the Fall notice what happened:
Ge 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

All things are ordained according to Divine will, including the Fall and the Redemption.

Romans 9 answers your ojection on predestination:

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Here God asserts His sovereign right to have mercy on some and to harden others.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Here is your objection, if you made me this way then why punish me? Note the answer:

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles


All events in time are the outworkings of the decrees of God. The decrees of God are not affected by events in time, rather events in time are as a result of the decrees.


Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Ac 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Eph 1:4-5 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Ac 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Mat 11:25-26 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: fivepointer]
    #4019075 -

^^^ Heh, the bible is the word of God because the bible says it is. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One thing that I don't understand about Christan Theology... [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4019375 -

Smallworlds said:
I'm not God's enemy, because God = Love. Every time I act out of love to another human being, I'm doing God's will. I don't need a church, a pope, or a religion to do that, I can do that on my own, because God created us with the capacity for it.

If you actually read the bible jesus spoke of loving one another, the kind of mind-controlling crap practiced by todays churches did not come from Jesus at all. He was in my opinion the first hippy, and he lived in a spirit of free flowing love, contrary to all of today's religions.



:thumbup: Do your own will... you needn't assign a god to it, that just complicates things, and tends to seperate individuals... or are you talking in regards to god as a spirit/force/energy of a more conceptual nature rather then an actual manifestation?

Assuming Jesus did in fact exist. Either way, it's a good message, that's been tainted into shit by those "protecting" god's way. Buddha predates Jesus btw, and IMO is a better story as it places more emphasis on the individual and what they are capable of doing.


--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
leturheadread 6,552 64 03/23/08 04:04 PM
by spacemonkey69
* Christanity
( 1 2 3 all )
John 3,582 46 09/11/03 02:22 PM
by fireworks_god
* When will you all understand? There is no god!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
Fliquid 23,242 263 09/22/11 10:30 AM
by Cactilove
* What most people don't know Epignostic 1,736 12 05/15/02 01:39 PM
by Anonymous
* I'm walking on sunshine....and don't it feel GOOD hey!
( 1 2 all )
FreakQlibrium 4,778 36 01/25/03 01:00 AM
by FreakQlibrium
* i don't like many people
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,533 25 07/20/02 05:06 PM
by shroom_assassin
* I just don't understand some people... NextGenHippie 1,027 8 04/08/02 11:47 AM
by Tannis
* My understanding of the 'gateway drug" theory
( 1 2 all )
Glacius 3,359 23 06/09/02 05:31 AM
by phrozendata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,107 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.