Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Christanity [Re: MOTH]
    #1898593 - 09/09/03 04:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I see my mother:

Doesnt respond 9/10 of the time. Cant/wont think for herself. I am now searching for a psychological term better than simply "brainwashed" and "controlled". A catholic man shut down her mind. It hasnt been turned back on yet.

Its incredible how a mind-controlling fuck who rolls with the dark reptile bloodline, of king henry, and is also a part of the catholic church, with a masters in chemical engineering from purdue can turn one woman away from every last family member within 1 year of meeting her. Religion can be a path of life (aruguably for the better or not) but it can also be a very powerful tool of control and destruction.

Just take a look at Cortez, the indians of mexico thought he was their holy savior returning to bestow light upon their lands. He made them believe in catholosism or die. I'm not saying religion is bad because of what past followers have done, but did it ever cross your mind that this is how it was spread into your own mind perhaps many generations ago? This question + 99,999,999,999 more, will never be answered by many followers of their own religion, and if they are, there is a good chance they will be agued elementary school-yard style. Seen any priests in debates lately?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Christanity [Re: MOTH]
    #1898631 - 09/09/03 04:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I agree w/ you shade

I once was doing laundry with friends at a laundrymat...inbetween visiting a hindu temple and camping... and a friend was getting a haircut next door... she (the barber) was inquiring politely about the hinduism and stuff..and she said her friend really wanted to talk to us about it cuz he was interested...and he might even buy us lunch lol my friends were like wow really!? and then after he was on his way the kid gettin the haircut was like your friend doesnt happen to be a pastor does he? and she was like well yes he is...

so a really tall pastor with a bible came in and we had a friendly intended discussion for an hour or so and the whole time he was trying to explain to us how our beleifs are narrow and how we need to widen them and that we should not follow false profits

Its really sad because the people have such good intentions but they are obstructing the beleifs of other people without trying to understand them...thats not right! I think they are focusing so much on what is wrong they dont spend as much time doing what is right... there are alot of christian churches where they get up and dance and sing really awsome songs and help the needy alot... in india the christians (i saw some churches dating from the 1500's) live with harmony in the same community as muslums and hindu people

I got a jahovas witness pamflet from somone who came to the door.
they live in this neighborhood so after I was done skimming through it and reading some of it I politely put it back in their mailbox with a letter saying how I respect their intentions of helping the community but that its not for me and so maybe they could use the book again

--------------------
I&I

Edited by Rastafari (09/09/03 05:01 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Christanity [Re: Ped]
    #1898638 - 09/09/03 05:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Onan was said to have "spilled his seed,' which  could be interpreted thusly, and why masturbation has been called Onanism. It was a violation of the Law - a defiance of God's Law more than the actual 'spilling of seed' that was at stake, but things get wildly distorted through time. Epicurus was a stoic philosopher who believed in 'the middle way' of neither excess or asceticism. So how come the adjective 'epicurean' has come to mean someone who totally digs food?

The OT patriarchs like David and Solomon had  hundreds of wives and concubines, so lust, qua lust, has long been recognized in political leaders (libidinous souls). Those guys never had time to masturbate with all those women. Moreover, reproduction of children is so important in Judaism, that today, in Kabbalistic thought, the  only reason for being transmigrated (reincarnated) is through one's failure to have produced progeny.

By NT times, the Law had been internalized, psychospiritually: "Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matthew 5:27-28). Now (A) we are all guilty of this sin (inordinate attachment to sexual desire, which is a 'goddess' in the ancient world) and so we are idolatrous in the depth of our desire (eros) for love (Aphrodite, Astarte, Ishtar, etc.). (B), this makes us heathen, (C) we need to repent to be forgiven for our fallen human natures to 'lust after strange gods,' and most importantly (D) - it is not Compassionate to commit adultery. Even considering it internally is a betrayal of one's spouse. We are 'coming from' the loins, not the Heart (which Biblically includes ALL of our motive-centers, but especially is a 'spiritual organ.').

[Sorry for long-winded deviation :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Christanity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1901038 - 09/10/03 03:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

look at the do jews go to hell thread on the first page.

some of the people there make me laugh aparently buddha was a demon worhsipper!

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Christanity [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1901464 - 09/10/03 10:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Every single person has a chance to be saved, if they make the choice. I don't know what happens to people who never heard of Christ, but I'm not going to try to pretend I know what God thinks. Sadly, I do not know as much about the Bible as I should, but I'm working on it.
Do not judge all of Christianity based on a few extrememly fundamentalist "leaders." I don't try to judge anybody just based on a few bad exceptions. Yes, many older Christians are very set in their ways, and even though many are true Christians, they have been taught the wrong message. I have had many people tell me that long hair on men was a sin (1 Cor. 11:13-16). But I showed them the verse, explained it to them, and told them that Christ does not care about your outward appearance (to an extent), but what is in your heart. They had nothing to say to me after that.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Christanity [Re: Funguy]
    #1903188 - 09/10/03 11:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Most depictions of St. Paul show him as being bald. This long hair thing is one of the things he says "by permission" which is just his own trip. I know from personal experience as far back as 1966 that bald-headed men have given me the most s**t for wearing long hair. Envy, plain and simple. Those fundamentalists who take letters of Paul for the 'Word of God' should win the 'Biggest Douchbag of the Universe Award' (from SouthPark). None of those kind of people connect up what they read with common everyday human experience. They are non-thing robots and morons. Paul, never in his most ego-inflated moments would ever have considered his letters to be taken with the same reverence as Holy Scriptures! If the Shroud of Turin is a true relic and a mysterious image of Jesus, then it will be noted that He wore long hair, oiled and pulled into a pony tail like the Jewish men of his era who had hair ! Fundamentalists cannot think, and maintain that their non-thinking behaviors are evidence of faith. They cannot discern the strictly human elements from the divine ones. They don't know how to love, only to criticize and judge - they are critics not models of Christian faith. Fundamentalism is the demonic distorted carnival mirror of real Christianity which is not only The Way, but Way Cool.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Christanity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1905940 - 09/11/03 04:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I can't wait until I reach an understanding with "God", the structure that we are a part of, and some entity somewhere in the universes within me reach an understanding with me, "God".
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order