Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
Re: Test your knowledge of gun control: [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #392892 - 09/12/01 09:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

and, as everyone is really getting off track, i will answer your little questionaire you posted. yeah, they probably wouldn't do any of those things, but they still might. hell, i dont remember the story exactly, but a while back some drifter got his hands on an AK-47 and shot up a playground. most drifters wouldnt do it, but guns should be illegal for the ones who would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Test your knowledge of gun control: [Re: MrKurtz]
    #392895 - 09/12/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Mr Kurtz, if the pilots had been armed then they could have shot the terrorists. Hell if everyone on the plane had taken off their shoes and thrown them at the terrorists they might have knocked the box cutters out of their hands. You really have to be sarcastic about everything don't you? Even about this tragedy that could have been averted by locking the cabin doors...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #392901 - 09/12/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

and, as everyone is really getting off track, i will answer your little questionaire you posted. yeah, they probably wouldn't do any of those things, but they still might. hell, i dont remember the story exactly, but a while back some drifter got his hands on an AK-47 and shot up a playground. most drifters wouldnt do it, but guns should be illegal for the ones who would.

You shouldn't give up your liberty to try in vain to protect your liberty. A time will come when you will wish you were armed and you won't be. Besides just protecting our mainland United States from foreign invasion there are always domestic threats to our personal security and our people's security. The holocaust is the best example of how a nations attitudes can turn against innocent people that are unarmed and unable to defend themselves from genocide. We like to think that in America we're immune from such threats but we're not because this country is made of humans just as the previous so called civalized societies that turned on their own people in a genocidal fashon.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
    #392902 - 09/12/01 10:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

eh, i do understand its a tragedy, and yes, maybe they could have disarmed the terrorists, but what does having guns have to do with it? i personally think they should have trained guards on all flights who would be armed. but allowing anyone who wants to to carry guns on planes is ludicrous. they dont allow guns on planes so things like this wont happen. but, even if gun control was in effect, it wouldnt keep people who truly need guns from having them. this is a terrible tragedy, probably shouldnt have made that joke, but guns had NOTHING to do with it, and it kind of made me laugh that you are blaiming gun control on this. if they tightened security while in the air, spent a little more money hiring guards (or training and arming the pilots like you said), this whole tragedy may have been avoided. sounds like what your saying is if the people on the planes had more balls (i dont mean to offend anyone, just my interpretation of what rail gun was saying) then it wouldnt have happened. but hell, who would risk there life when they thought they would be much more likely to live if they didnt do anything?

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
    #392910 - 09/12/01 10:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i do own a gun, but have never used it, and would gladly have it destroyed if the laws were changed. as for defending myself against genocide, well, i dont think having the opportunity to protect mysel is outweighed by the negative effects of anyone who wants a gun having one, no matter murderous. after all, in WW2, all japanese citizens in california were put in interment camps. they could have been killed, but who in there right mind would try to fight the people putting them there with violence? as sad as the thought is, with or without guns, if our military wanted to kill us, they would. we just hope since we make the military.. no one would want to.

Invisiblewingnutx

#394586 - 09/14/01 06:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

A single passenger with a pistol (pilot, sky marshall, whatever) could have easily killed 3-5 hijackers with razors.

This just illustrates that when you have people disarmed, a small group with nothing but knives can defeat them

I had a neighbor 2 doors down killed in a home invasion months back. He was killed, his wife was raped and beaten into a coma. They (3 gangsters) didn't need guns to terrorize him since he was unarmed. Being beaten to death is just as bad as being shot. A homeowner with a gun has a decided home-court advantage to any intruder. Anyone who kicks my door in walks into a hail of buckshot.

www.jpfo.org Jews For the Protection of Firearms Ownership :)

Drink, Fight, Fuck
http://www.getnet.net/~wingnutx/

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]