Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms
    #383226 - 09/01/01 09:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Last night I was surfing the internet and came across an article relating christains and mushrooms. The article went to explain that "manna" which is spoken in the bible, is in fact a p. cubie. This article was very detailed and simplistic all at the same time. Unforanatly I lost the web page I was viewing.
I'm hoping that someone in here can help me in finding this page again. Someone has to have seen it other then myself.
THX
godbless!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekREATION1
kяедτιסи1

Re: help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms [Re: fiddler4u]
    #383871 - 09/02/01 09:36 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

this one: http://jamesarthur.yage.net/mushroom.html
or this one : http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Mushrooms_in_the_Bible.10494.shtml

--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #384057 - 09/02/01 04:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

theres also something at www.bluehoney.com

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #384185 - 09/02/01 08:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Even if this thesis about manna from heaven being mushroomic turns out to be bunk, calamus was used in the holy annointing oil that Moses and Aaron applied before going into the Holy of Holies, wherein sat the gold Mercy Seat between the Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant. The Indwelling 'Shekinah,' the Presence of God penetrated the veil of space-time in that locus (according to Exodus) and the brothers would commune with Yahweh with the help of the oil which contained beta asarones - related to mescaline - absorbed through the skin. Oddly (or not so oddly), 'Peak's Commentary on the Bible' omits the calamus - of all the elements that went into the mix.
On my votive table at home, I have among Christian and Jewish symbolic objects, a piece of Mexican art something like an icon with the Cosmic Christ painted among planets and ensconsed within a wooden frame that looks like the maw of Hell - kinda like a demonic cat. There is a small cross on top and a tiny shelf beneath it - upon which I placed a small jade mushroom, painted to match the frame, with 4 small crosses on the cap. It is my small way of integrating the Sacred Mushroom into Christianity. After all, it was psychedelics that opened my eyes to the Cosmic Christ - Christ Consciousness.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #385783 - 09/04/01 07:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thx alot guys. the info from you guys is great i like. I asked my preacher about manna, and it sounds just like a mushroom. Also for who ever else is interedsted the hebrew or greek i forget now :( word MANNA translates to "WHAT IS IT". Pretty cool huh?
THX again fell'es

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.

--------------------

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
    #387499 - 09/06/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

heh, guess how i got my name??? that article on bluehoney.com is a great read! opened my mind to the stunning truth of my christianship

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #387590 - 09/06/01 11:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

MtG, I find it personally fascinating about the calimus oil being left out when it was right there all this time. It really makes me sick when information so valuable, so historically accurate (to stand in direct opposition to secular correctness), is intentionally/unwittingly omitted.
Then there is the tremendous treasure hidden in symbolism, as the Bible holds within. Joseph Cambell so wonderfully reveals/exposes the mythological nature of the garden of eden in saying, "what can you do with that?" after describing it in one of his college touring speechs/lectures found on PBS. He even had the audacity to take a symbolic poke at some of the professors there, hehe, in their professional professings.

Who would read The Psychedelic Bible *shudder* if one were to translate and publish such a manuscript? I think it could be done on a word processor using the "global find and replace" function, in part, at least, for some words/symbols. For example FIND:"MANNA" and REPLACE WITH:"MUSHROOMS".

Eat 'em Alive and Love IT to Death

Edited by oneoverzero on 09/07/01 12:59 AM.

Edited by oneoverzero on 09/07/01 01:09 AM.

Edited by oneoverzero on 09/07/01 01:19 AM.

Edited by oneoverzero on 09/07/01 01:29 AM.

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

OfflineBeatnik
addict
Loc: Australia
Re: help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms [Re: oneoverzero]
    #387626 - 09/07/01 12:38 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think i know what im going to do when i get home now.

Support the FSR

--------------------
Support the FSR

I toss, there for i am.

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: help me find a web site about bible/mushrooms [Re: Beatnik]
    #387783 - 09/07/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I remember my Harvard degreed honors college prof. puffing away at his Sherlock Holmes pipe saying how the Bible was the first job of editing ever done, taking 1000's of scrolls heaped into a pile and sorting them out into an ordered collection condensed into a single flexibly accessible unit, around 100AD after years of oral tradition. (I should have taken notes). We still have editors today for authors. They often make suggestions going so far as to even change the title of a book even at the author's insistance otherwise, or maybe change an "or" to an "and" and/or to make changes in semantics to preserve the underlying content inherent to a block of syntax in context.

Eat 'em Alive and Love IT to Death

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order