Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised
    #3139881 - 09/15/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok Me and the Wife have long talks about this Do we all end up in the same place after Death or is it more personalized. Like if I belive in Valhalla for example and I do what I need to get there will I and if someone belives in Heaven With the Golden Gates is that where they end up? When I watched "What Dreams may come" I thought that worked very nicely with my belief but how many think thats the way it works? And if it is would someone who dosn't belive in any life after death cease to be or get stuck in limbo till there soul can be reincarnated? How about Kids who Die young before they can form ideas about an afterlife do they go somewhere pure where others would end up if they knew the truth about the afterlife or do they get reincarnated right away so they have a chance to form Ideas before they end up somewhere "forever"? And last if the afterlife contains your personality for that incarnation but becuse it's "outside" time can you run into your past selfs?  :grin:
:heart:  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3140704 - 09/15/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We all end up in the same place, it's just that different people  and religions have different names for it.  There is Nirvana/Heaven/Paradise/Brahma which is where we all end up eventually, and there is hell/reincarnation, in this we are reincarnated, die and reincarnated again until our karma is good enough and we have seen this pattern (reached enlightenment/had a religious experience. Then you just chill and have fun for the remainder of that life, and when you die instead of being trapped in the same cycle you ascend up to nirvana. I've experienced both nirvana and the cycle,and I feel that this is my last incarnation, i'd like to spread the experience to all who want it. One more thing, in Nirvana there is no personality, there is no thought, there is no time, just awareness, bliss, pleasure and peace, oh and the light, peace.  :sun:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3140719 - 09/15/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, we end where we started, and thus the loop is formed.

Of course, you can chose to get off at the station :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: deff]
    #3141205 - 09/15/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah and i've ben getting vivid memories, not flashbacks but vivid memories of my trips including the ones where I ascended to the light, it's so fucking incredible, so far beyond words.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3141210 - 09/15/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I will give you the concensus thought about your questions based mainly upon my reading of hundreds of NDE cases. I think its important to listen to people who've been there, if only for a short while.

Do we all end up in the same place after Death or is it more personalized.

It's more personalized. In once sense heaven is one place, but there are different regions in that place. Jesus said "In my Father's house there are many mansions." Your location would not be a physical place, but a spiritual state corresponding to the highest level of spirituality you are capable of being in. Just as water always finds its own level, each entity eventually ends up surrounded by spirits and atmosphere he is most in tune with.

Good spirits take pleasure in being around fellow good souls, while evil ones descend to a hellish realm. Not by divine decree but because they take pleasure in evil and feel comfortable there. Anyone can move to a higher level at any time. The only one holding you back is yourself.

The things of heaven are fluid and extremely thought responsive. An artistic person may find himself living in an unearthly beautific scene better than any earthly artist ever conceived of. Someone who enjoyed camping and being surrounded by nature in life will find themselves in the most perfect such environment suited to that individual. These areas are thought forms created from the minds of souls.

would someone who dosn't belive in any life after death cease to be or get stuck in limbo till there soul can be reincarnated?

No souls are ever destroyed or punished. They punish themselves. Those who didn't believe in existence after death tend to be in a state similar to sleep. They are gently awakened and ushered into the realm where they can be brought into a realization of their present state. Many people express astonishment that they still exist.

As for young kids they, like everyone else, go to their appropriate level of spiritual awareness. For older people the journey takes longer as they have accumulated more spiritual scar tissue and need healing before they can move on. Young children only recently came from Spirit so their return journey is shorter.

if the afterlife contains your personality for that incarnation but becuse it's "outside" time can you run into your past selfs?

You can look through and review your past lives at any time. Many have described the process as looking at a photo album where each picture is part of a past life. You pull out a picture and review that life. Those past selves are part of you, not seperate entities that you can "bump into".

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Jellric]
    #3141253 - 09/15/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, very much like this experience of the here and now.

Collectively, we find comfort in assuming that consensual reality is all encompassing, that we are all within the same perceived reality. This of course is not the case, as we are each within ourselves, a seperate and distinct reality manifested by ourselves and around ourselves. We are our own Gods of the here and now and have the ability to fully become aware to the "Heaven state" of the moment. Death just offers a good opportunity to escape the grasp of the ego and anchor points of the illusionary physical reality, so long as we remember to let go. We must not forget :smile:

--------------------

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Jellric]
    #3141313 - 09/15/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I like what you said Jellric. if reality is so subjective then why shouldn't the afterlife be the same the are all functions of the same creation just different levels. I esp. Like the "Just as water always finds its own level, each entity eventually ends up surrounded by spirits and atmosphere he is most in tune with. " very good way to put it. I think I should've ask Deff and Dark star If we live in a world where the only limits are the ones we set why shouldn't our Afterlife be the same? As Far as I learned the only thing we each share is this "godhead" how ever you view it the thing that is/will be/and always is universal conciseness ect. ect. ect. just because we Die does not mean we have reached it in fact I belive we can never truly reach "it" because should we, we would cease to be it would only be the godhead left which contains us but is more and greater then us it is possible to atain Godhead don't get me wrong but we would never truly be "Godhead" because in order to be that we would have to lose individuality. just a few ideas I have gathered feel free to disagree I Love to hear aposing ideas it only expands my own  :grin:

:heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3141372 - 09/15/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When you attain Godhead we do lose individuality, there is awareness, but no thoughts, no time just pure bliss, beyond words, beyond orgasmic, just total bliss and this light. This may sound impossible but having experienced it, I can tell you without a doubt it is possible and it will happen to everyone, once you have clean karma and get the point, you break out of the loop and arise into this light, and become one with the Godhead.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (09/15/04 10:53 PM)

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#3141574 - 09/15/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You can never be sure... You'll just have to wait and see...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3142067 - 09/16/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think brand-name Afterlife is the way to go. Spend a little more and you get a little more.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Swami]
    #3143644 - 09/16/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

interesting post elfwizard!

i think that the guy who said we all end up in the same place but have different names for it, was absolutely right, that place is the clear light, nirvana, reuinion with god.

However that is in fact different from what elfwizard is describing (heaven, in buddhist wisom is one or two levels below nirvana)

we all do get to experience heaven (a self created personalized one) at some point , this is a state of 'instant CONTROLLED manifestation' , a state where we have realized the nature of our reality (created by the conciousness) and then harnessed it to our concious benefit (so instead of creating good and bad we just create our perfect experience)

However we do eventually move beyond this to the nirvana clear light state, which is different than heaven

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3143754 - 09/16/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes moonshoe I was asking about the lower level becuse you don't really experience reunion you just experience you lack the "self" needed to make it personalised becuse you cease to "Be" but rather rejoin the bigger existence of the "godhead" so while we sort of have the same ending point since we are no longer individuals it is just the "godhead" that enjoys that state we just being pices of that like my arm could be part of the godhead now but it dosn't know this since it is just a piece of the whole it relates through me the whole (ok not a very good examp. but I hope it says what I'm trying to get across)  :grin:

:heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3143792 - 09/16/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

basically the Heaven state is what we are moving towards now, even in our earthly existance, as we escape our self imposed limitations and suffering and begin to shape our realities with conciousness (personalized heaven=perfect personal reality)

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3143896 - 09/16/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:we all do get to experience heaven (a self created personalized one) at some point , this is a state of 'instant CONTROLLED manifestation' , a state where we have realized the nature of our reality (created by the conciousness) and then harnessed it to our concious benefit (so instead of creating good and bad we just create our perfect experience)

This state of existence is known to the hindu's as the 'Causal Plane'. Sounds like just the place for me! I want to create my own worlds! I'm trying to learn to create this one as I speak.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3144213 - 09/16/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Very good question. I've been pondering the intellectual answer to it for decades. I tend to agree with dark Star with regard to the thoughtless, identity-less, timeless ecstatic moment - in other words "GOD is love" (1 John 4:8), Sat Chit Ananda, Self-Effulgent Radiant Bliss, The Clear Light of the Void, etc. However, it may turn out that this condition IS the Most Personal Reality in our earthly lives. The love we have for each other in this life which we mistakenly attribute to all the 'Ten Thousand Things' is in Reality ONE love coming through all of us.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3144897 - 09/16/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:...However, it may turn out that this condition IS the Most Personal Reality in our earthly lives. The love we have for each other in this life which we mistakenly attribute to all the 'Ten Thousand Things' is in Reality ONE love coming through all of us.

I just said the same thing to my son last night.

When 'we' love someone, it is actually God loving 'through' us. When that love is returned, God loves God!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Is the Afterlife Genaric or personalised [Re: Source]
    #3144922 - 09/16/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"This state of existence is known to the hindu's as the 'Causal Plane'. Sounds like just the place for me! I want to create my own
worlds! I'm trying to learn to create this one as I speak"

the easiest way i know of to truley and totally experience this plane while still 'alive' is to have a seriously lucid dream. Like a total breakthrough one. I now realize that this state is in fact a different dimension, and although it isnt the 'heaven' aspect, it is total instant manifestation. I think its fair to say that it is the lower 4th dimension that jiggy talks about, whereas the higher 4th would be like a lucid dream only you never manifested any nightmares, only joy and love. Ive gotten pretty damn close.

"When 'we' love someone, it is actually God loving 'through' us. When that love is returned, God loves God! "

brilliantly put.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3145244 - 09/16/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

maybe that is something each individualy choose, at the point where you "got to"?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder