Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlmaTron
ZebraButt

Loc: Seattle
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: MOTH]
    #3089369 - 09/04/04 06:10 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

right on man! lets have love in our hearts and minds all the time!

'course this coming from a horror movie junkie;) only while sober these days!
lots of LOVE!

--------------------

Come to me
in my High
dreamtime,
bring me
Visions
of Light.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3090401 - 09/04/04 02:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Not to encourage you but I saw the Exorcist on acid and it was pretty crazy, it was scary but fun at the same time, alot like a roller coster feeling. I was scared but still felt safe...dunno if you will...

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Honestly, you can develop PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from a bad trip and you REALLY don't want to test that.

Hehe, same night as above right after watching the movie we went to the neighborhood pool but were way too loud and the cops came and to make a looong story short, we were smoking, dipped instantly, cop detained all of us but didn't find much (amazingly) so they just let us go. OMG, I smoked a pack of cigs after that and I dont even smoke. I honestly thought I would never recover, I was shaking and shit, thought I would have to talk to a shrink and get anti-anxiety stuff prescribed :crazy:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3091086 - 09/04/04 08:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

speaking of decapitation, a great meditative, 4grm trip was stalled and made a bit scary last night...

I was lying down on my back with The Passion by peter gabriel in my headphones, with my eyes shut. I met the "goddess" and was operated on by entities and had a complete out of body experience.

I was flying along, and realized I was dead or dying. I "came back" a bit and suddenly thought of dying and images from the terrorists killing those Nepalese people came into my head. I watched a day or two before this trip, and now wish I hadn't. When I watched it I was sober, but cried afterwards...so sad.

Anyways, I quickly became a bit frightened and had to open my eyes to check reality for a minute. This brought be back very quickly, and I had to go out into the other room with my wife, as I didn't feel comfortable alone anymore.

Offlinest2004
Stranger
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: myndreach]
    #3091556 - 09/04/04 10:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That Ring story is really tragic. I think that the intensity of a trip depends on the strength of your imagination just as much as it does on how much you take and of what. The scariest (and one of the best) things I've seen when tripping was my first time on mushrooms when I saw the flesh on my mate's face melt off and maggots crawl from his skull. It blew my mind. On that same trip, he held up a video box with Freddy (from Nightmare on Elm St) on and as he did, I saw Freddy jump from the 2D picture and flash his claws in my face. It made me jump out of my seat, but then laugh because I wasn't so far gone that I didn't know it was a hallucination.

OfflineFrostBChillen
Stranger

#3091593 - 09/04/04 11:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've watched The Ring while on shrooms it was very intense.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3091684 - 09/04/04 11:42 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've watched parts of horror movies while tripping (always got bored and turned em off), and it was never a problem really. Of course, I was always in a safe place (not a movie theatre), and I had always seen the movies before....so I guess they were not quite as scary. I find horror movies rather amusing actually, I tend to not get all caught up in them and just laugh at how stupid they are.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3092011 - 09/05/04 01:18 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If your crazy enough to watch horror you should watch Secret Window on shrooms. That will give you ideas.

Edited by AhHaHaHa (09/05/04 01:19 AM)

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3094193 - 09/05/04 02:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

secret window? meh...i didn't like that really that much

waaaaaaaaaay to predictable imho

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3094587 - 09/05/04 07:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I watched darkness falls in the dark while trippin....didn't scare me at all had a blast....I do think its a scary flick tho...but it just didn't bother me I was in too good of a mind set

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: AlmaTron]
    #3096070 - 09/06/04 04:12 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

A few weeks ago I ate an 1/8 and sat down to watch Clockwork Orange.  That's about as violent as you can get.  I got really disturbed at some parts but at the end I came out with nothing but a greater appreciation for Burgess and Kubrick.  Don't deprive yourself of an experience that has the potential to teach you alot just because some people on the internet advised against it.  Try it out, and if it gets to be too much turn the movie off and change your setting, unless you think the images won't leave your head. :wink:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3096213 - 09/06/04 05:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I suffered seratonin syndrome while on wellbutrin tripping on DXM. I will never watch Requiem for a Dream ever, EVER again. Or even touch DXM. I avoid cough medicines with it as an active ingredient. I'd rather be ill.

On other trips (and chemicals) horror movies were either laughable or the tripping experience made them more intense/enjoyable. I don't consider requiem a horror movie per se, but god, that night..

edit: oh, and a movie isn't the same 2nd time around, tripping or not.. horror movies have you on the edge of your seat, unexpecting. If you know what's gonna happen in the movie and the characters and stuff, what can you really trip out on? I see a burnt-out peak on the horizon..

--------------------

Edited by s2dope (09/06/04 05:04 AM)

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: Adden]
    #3096251 - 09/06/04 05:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

no i wouldn't, but i wet my bed at night so don't take it from me :P

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3096326 - 09/06/04 05:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the thing to realize is that ANY movie is intensified drastically while tripping.

I usually watch children's movies while coming down. They're chalk full of hidden moral messages that my tripping brain loves to pick out, and the CG ones look INCREDIBLE. Oh, and they're plenty intense at parts.

See, the great thing is that you can kind of "trust" any movie made for children as being trip-friendly. Think about it: If you wouldn't want a still-developing child to see it, then you wouldn't want your tripping brain to see it. I mean, there's not much difference between the two.

I recommend:

Finding Nemo
Ice Age
Monsters, Inc.
Brother Bear
The Princess Bride
The Neverending Story

P.S. The only horror movie I've ever watched tripping was Night Of The Living Dead. The newer-but-still-old remake, I think. But it might have been the original.

Anyway, most of it was pretty easy to handle... it wasn't that scary and the acting was beyond comical. But then...

Then there's that one scene, in which a woman finds her daughter (zombified) in the basement of her house, and doesn't protect herself from her at all. She just cries as her daughter growls and approaches her, then takes a big bite out of her neck as the scene cuts.

That girl's face as she goes to bite into her neck is BURNED into my mind. Heh.

Also, one time my friend was flipping through the movie channels and happened to stop on one of the most bizarre random shots ever from Blade 2... it was too funny, all five of us collectively scream for like 1 second as he flips away...  :grin:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3096559 - 09/06/04 06:29 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the computer "graphics" in blade 2 are a disgrace not only to moviemaking, but to blade 1 as well

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3101606 - 09/07/04 09:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i sometimes do mild LSA trips to movies. watched teh haunting on it, was actually pretty cool. would never do that on shrroms or something strong. also watched, more acuratly was physically present in fron of, blair witch on salvia. didnt notice it didnt phase me at all. after about 30 mins i noticed it again and jsut watched it like i was sober.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3101631 - 09/07/04 09:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping?

either way :shrug:

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
    #3103102 - 09/07/04 09:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

watched alien (the first one) while on acid. since this is one of my favorite movies, the experiece was fantastic (got really, really scared all over again). i probably woun't recommend it though.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

Offlinebastard_turtle
Stranger

#3103168 - 09/07/04 09:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Watching teletubbies while on shrooms scares the shit out of you. :lol:

OfflineKaptainK
Pirate Guy

Loc: over there....
    #3103446 - 09/07/04 10:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I watched House on Haunted Hill on a head full of acid once

wasn't that bad - I don't really remember most of it I know i didn't freak out or anything. The thing that freaks me out in movies when tripping is alwasy peoples faces contorting

i have watched a lot of movies tripping tho and none of them bothered me

--------------------
A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but no one should be asked to handle this trip.

:samurai:

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: Would you ever watch a horror movie while tripping? [Re: KaptainK]
    #3103459 - 09/07/04 10:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Man I can't imagine watching the teletubbies sober, let alone on shrooms... that freaky sun baby...

I'm gonna give another vote to watching kid's films. Although I don't really like the idea of watching TV on shrooms, i think stuff like Fantasia would conceivably be amazing. Anyone tried it?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies