Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3039407 -

To be quite honest, you just need to drop it.

Just because you have some problems with some OTDers, doesn't meanthe rest of us who regularly use the forum are scumbags.

And, as noted in the warning, not everyone plays nice there. I think, when dealing with your problems with OTD, you should keep this in mind.


--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson


Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3040014 -

While I agree on many points that OTD is a blight upon this community and its intended goal to educate and in a sense convince the world that it is perfectly acceptible to allow people to alter their consciousness in any way they deem so long as they do not infringe upon others, may be hindered by OTD... I also see OTD as a valuable resource here in order to allow some of our members to act like idiots.  :smirk:

Sure we could try to get rid of all the 'trouble-makers' but it would be a very subjective process, with much whining throughout, and in the end what may have been done for the greater good might end up taking away the vitality of this community.  After all, you can't have the good without the bad, and I'm sure many of us have heard about that road to hell.. and how it was paved with such good intentions :wink:

Of course this isn't to say I'm happy about OTD.  In fact, I get a little depressed upon visiting that forum when I see how tasteless, disrespectful, and vulgar some of our members can behave towards each other.  It is unfortunate, but any real community will have to harbor these negative souls.  Even if OTD were rid of, these problems would still manifest throughout our other forums - perhaps not to the same extent, but they'd still be here. 

So in short, as much as I may want to, I cannot in good conscience advocate the closure of OTD, however I am certainly for a little deterrance perhaps in the form of password protecting the forum so newbies don't accidentally stumble in there and become offended so easily.  I'll leave you with an email I received last week, of the same sentiment as emails I receive with some regularity (but don't worry too much, we get about ten fold as much praise mail as we do hate):

I AM SENDING YOUR SITE TO THE FCC. ITS DISCUSTING TALK  AND FILTHY
WORDS. YOU DONT BELONG TO BE LISTED UNDER THAT LISTING. YOUR SITE IS
COMON AND TOO EASY FOR CHILDREN TO PULL UP. ESPECIALLY ABOUT BOBBY
FLAY.....

        "REMEMBER OUR TROOPS"
     
                *POW-MIA*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: geokills]
    #3040030 -

Quote:
Even if OTD were rid of, these problems would still manifest throughout our other forums - perhaps not to the same extent, but they'd still be here.





yes, yes but I think that if OTD were gotten rid of, a lot of those who "came for the hate not the mushrooms" would move on and find a different toilet to drink from. :mushroom2:


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3040205 -

Quote:
Lightningfractal said:
Quote:
Even if OTD were rid of, these problems would still manifest throughout our other forums - perhaps not to the same extent, but they?d still be here.





yes, yes but I think that if OTD were gotten rid of, a lot of those who "came for the hate not the mushrooms" would move on and find a different toilet to drink from. :mushroom2:






First and foremost...Lighten up

you use to spread the hate in there just as well as anyone else


secondly I cant believe this ?crusade? you are on recently

for gods sake look at your avatar



and you preach to us...

why the hate?

you?re just as bad, look in the mirror for the real shithead

Quote:
Lightningfractal said:
...it?s gonna be because I got this shithole closed down!!




--refering to the OTD

Bah

Edited by goobler (08/23/04 04:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3040259 -

perhaps you should consider not going into otd anymore if you don't like it, just because you where flamed by a select bunch dosen't mean that you should ruin the fun for everyone. otd does not show up on th elist of fourms unless you log on, it is a place to blow off steam and to perhaps post some things you do not want to post on more public fourms. you are displaying a "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" attitude LF, you need to grow up a little bro.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3040271 -

first and foremost Mr Fractal, until you were "offended" by geordi you were one of otd's craziest posters. your threads were among the most useless and ridiculous. you baited geordi, used racial slurs and edited pictures depicting his avatar being lynched...please save us the innocent routine..Just because you're poor widdle feelings got hurt you are caling for the destruction of a forum that many people love??? OTD is part of the shroomery, plain and simple, every board i have been on has some sort of unflitered, unmoderated forum.This tired old debate is so funny. Its just like what's going on in the real world with the FCC and censorship. If you dont like something don't watch/listen to it! If you don't like OTD, ignore it, dont go there...Anyone who complains about OTD is just being a busy body. Does it really bother you that much to see it on the list of forums??? What is offensive to some is not to others. Hell I think out of all the forums the least problems come from OTD...I mean you have pill users from ODD dying, Mr Mushrooms and Swami freaking out and threatening to call the cops on each other in S&P, the utter hatered expressed in the arguments in PA&L ....DOnt even get me started on the trouble that has come out of what goes on in IRC...I think some people need to quit their bitching. The "I hate OTD" rhetoric is boring and tired.

ps: i do approve of the modding that is done...no one wants to see some sick ass scat pictures, or kiddy porn, or dead mangled humans ..i'm behind the mods even if i dont always approve of who gets chosen to do the job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: geokills]
    #3040279 -

Frankly, I'm sick of the holier-than-thou bullshit from the people who don't frequent OTD. If you don't like it, than don't visit the fucking forum.

Anyone who wanders into OTD should read the disclaimer first, and be adult enough to realizr that this is the internet, and you don't need to kill yourself just b/c someone you'll never meet in real life is talking shit about you.

There is room for both knowledge and community to exist together. We of OTD don't go around posting in your "respectable' forums, so I honestly don't see where the problem is.

And about the e-mail you posted; I think you're posting it a little out of context. I'm sure more people are upset with the fact that this site condones drug use and cultivation than the fact that people use "bad words" in a forum.

Anyone who has a problem: keep to your forums and worry about your own problems, and we'll do the same.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3040283 -

I agree 100%.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3040297 -

wow, another OTD is unstable, OTD is the pits thread...

what a joke.

OTD has been OTD for years and years and years.

guess what, every fucking summer, when all the stupid
kiddies have nothing better to do, it gets crappier. that's
just a tried and true fact.

I don't like the hunting forum because everyone tries to
sound all hoytie toytie about id'ing species and running
off lazy newbs...I don't like Adv Cult because it usually boils
down to arguing between Hippie3 and everyone else, or,
at best, dead end experiments and repeats of Hydroponic
Shrooms...

but you know what?

I don't complain and scream and cry for the closure of those
forums....just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean I
should try to shit on everyone else's parade.

As for you, LF, don't worry, I've called the wambulance...

you bagging on OTD is the biggest farce of all, you've been a
top contributor to it's bad reputation with your constant flaming
and puppeteering...and look, when someone puts your bitch
ass in your rightful place, you turn tale like a little girl and start
crying to admins.

grow up.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3040363 -

Shroomism said:
OTD has been unstable for a long time now.



Yeah, this unstable(see below) :grin:(which is why i love this place so fucking much)



--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: afoaf]
    #3040373 -

B R A V O!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Redstorm]
    #3040568 -

Quote:
Frankly, I'm sick of the holier-than-thou bullshit from the people who don't frequent OTD. If you don't like it, than don't visit the fucking forum.


That philosophy is all well and good, and I actually follow that advice quite readily.. however, there is a point when you can't ignore the rotting mouse under the couch - I mean really that shit stinks! :grin: 
Seriously though, as much as I may appear to embrace my idealistic desires of massive OTD reform or removal, I am realisitic enough to understand that it serves a necessary (evil :wink:) purpose in this community and thus should be allowed a place here.


> We of OTD don't go around posting in your "respectable' forums

That's too bad, there's some cool forums in here :shrug:


> about the e-mail you posted; I think you're posting it a little out of context.

Granted it was slightly off the wall for me to post it outta the blue like that, but it does exhibit that our collective behavior here is offensive enough to cause people to leave our community and even wish harm upon it.  Sure the nature of subject matter here does so as well, probably to a greater extent, but how we act reflects upon our cause and should not be dismissed.

Oh and just for kicks:
Quote:
I think you should limit the garbage you let post on your sight. I went to a
Vegetable posting and some idiot posting cussing and a vulgar picture.

Please remove this.

Thank you,
[name removed]



.. these emails are pretty tame compared to some of the ones we get :lol:
But hey, just realize I'm not out to get OTD and I think it should have a place here, etc...jambalama :mushroom2:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: goobler]
    #3040576 -

What.....

I love OTD... i've registered on a few dozen various sites on all subjects and long lost forgotten usernames and passwords later i still put in my 4 hrs a day 5 days a week on there..

I visit the cult and adv cult forums once in a while, contributed help for a while, and honestly i end up spending 90 %of my time in OTD... i'm not as tough as Anno..

Anno.. dude.. how do you do it.. i'll never understand.

oh hell. i'll shut up now..


--------------------


-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------


Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: geokills]
    #3040677 -

"We of OTD don't go around posting in your "respectable' forums."

Sorry, I typed that very wrong. I meant that we don't go posting offensive or annoying things in other forums. I respect all the other forums, and without them, I wouldn't have learned the arts of cultivation or about different ethnos.

I didn't even post in OTD till last spring, so I know all the valuable things that can be found in other forums. Don't get me wrong there.

In OTD, I found a carefree, fun place to post. It's a place where theres always someone to talk to. There may be a few scumbages, but for every idiot, there are a handful of really cool people. Because of OTD, I have met people from all over the U.S. and Canada, and I wouldn't have what I call home anyo other way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: afoaf]
    #3040716 -

afoaf said:
wow, another OTD is unstable, OTD is the pits thread...

what a joke.

OTD has been OTD for years and years and years.

guess what, every fucking summer, when all the stupid
kiddies have nothing better to do, it gets crappier. that's
just a tried and true fact.

I don't like the hunting forum because everyone tries to
sound all hoytie toytie about id'ing species and running
off lazy newbs...I don't like Adv Cult because it usually boils
down to arguing between Hippie3 and everyone else, or,
at best, dead end experiments and repeats of Hydroponic
Shrooms...

but you know what?

I don't complain and scream and cry for the closure of those
forums....just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean I
should try to shit on everyone else's parade.

As for you, LF, don't worry, I've called the wambulance...

you bagging on OTD is the biggest farce of all, you've been a
top contributor to it's bad reputation with your constant flaming
and puppeteering
...and look, when someone puts your bitch
ass in your rightful place, you turn tale like a little girl and start
crying to admins.

grow up.



I have never made a puppet, that's bannable. Flaming sure, who hasn't?


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3042210 -

Lightningfractal said:
Quote:
Even if OTD were rid of, these problems would still manifest throughout our other forums - perhaps not to the same extent, but they'd still be here.





yes, yes but I think that if OTD were gotten rid of, a lot of those who "came for the hate not the mushrooms" would move on and find a different toilet to drink from. :mushroom2:



Maybe I'm not the typical OTD user, but have you ever known me to be a hater? I don't think I am, and I try to be positive. Mostly I come to OTD for a laugh or two and maybe some good interaction with the people there. I feel I've made many a friend there, and hope to make some more. Having said all that, I originally came here for the 'Shroom growing advice (excellent resources here, BTW :laugh: ) and stayed because of mostly the Pub and OTD. Lifes too short to hate, IMHO, and I try not to indulge in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3042435 -

Amen, thats exactly how I try to act.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: geokills]
    #3048985 -

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That philosophy is all well and good, and I actually follow that advice quite readily.. however, there is a point when you can't ignore the rotting mouse under the couch - I mean really that shit stinks! 




Rotting elephant in your front yard. :sad:


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3050044 -

Lightningfractal said:
Rotting elephant in your front yard. :sad:



OTD is fine... its cleaning up a bit.. the nazis are cracking down... this morning you posted a thread stating you wouldnt be back... today you post one that looks like a 'flame me follow-up' thread... you bring a great deal of this upon yourself


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3050184 -

I wanted to see if there could be civility, my thread proves me RIGHT!


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Project OTD: An Apology and Explanation
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
geokillsA 24,982 118 02/12/04 03:31 PM
by bwiti
* Options for bringing back the OTD...
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 4,488 34 11/19/03 06:51 PM
by geokills
* OTD rules link in forum list points to newuser.php afoaf 1,940 19 10/26/05 08:27 AM
by geokills
* Poll based ban system for OTD! EDITED
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Hanky 9,903 117 02/16/07 07:37 PM
by Lightningfractal
* Vocal racism should be removed from OTD..
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Lightningfractal 11,731 122 02/19/07 11:05 AM
by geokills
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 2,029 28 12/16/05 01:58 AM
by Worf
* Administrative Rules & Guidelines (updated 2/22/15)
( 1 2 3 all )
geokillsA 76,803 48 12/07/24 07:24 PM
by eric_the_red
* Something awry in the OTD Mcdoopy 775 7 01/06/06 11:39 AM
by Mcdoopy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
5,743 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.