Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
why is OTD so unstable?
    #3021566 - 08/19/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I mean, never before have I seen the mods go on such a crazy locking spree.. Boobs pics are understandable, a little lockie here, a little disapearing tricks there, but no big deal ehh? people have the right to privacy.. but some recent actions seem overdone and lame... HEY ITS YOUR WEBSITE... but I would like to think people can act civil.... KTHXBYE! nice forum.. first post here..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3021587 - 08/19/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Such as....?

Anyone has the right to request a lock of their own thread.....
Shroomism just happens to not have to involve another individual in it.

Other instances?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3021690 - 08/19/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wasen't refering to tonite in general... but like.. the past 3 weeks :cheers:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3021696 - 08/19/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>but I would like to think people can act civil....

So would I.....and I am not taliking about the mods...

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Anno]
    #3021705 - 08/19/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I accept that i may have made some posts in bad taste.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Anno]
    #3021790 - 08/19/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well for one, it's OTD.. who cares.... Like I said peoples privacy is important...as far as everything else? save it for the pub...... not talking about mods ehhh, mods and admins are people too,

Edited by 2Experimental (08/19/04 01:38 AM)

InvisibleCharles
I eat bugs.
Male
Loc: NE Arkansas
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: 2Experimental] * 1
    #3022215 - 08/19/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

God forbid someone should infringe on our constitutionally protected right to post pictures of gaping assholes, shit, or other various enriching subjects.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Charles]
    #3023331 - 08/19/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Charles said:
God forbid someone should infringe on our constitutionally protected right to post pictures of gaping assholes, shit, or other various enriching subjects.

LOL  :thumbup:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Gumby]
    #3034759 - 08/21/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know I will bear arms against anyone who prohibits me from looking at gaping assholes.

:wink:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Redstorm]
    #3036359 - 08/22/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I used to be all in favor of the freedom of posting in OTD, and in protecting it.

During the "experiment" I spoke out much in favor of it.

But I have come to realize that OTD isn't about free speech.

It's about a bunch of filthy, disgusting cockroaches of humanity building a nest in there.

providing real freedom has attracted those people who are miserable, hateful wretches, and most of them probably are not even into mushrooms at all.

Therefore, I reverse my original inexperienced stance, and I would applaud the administration if the whole OTD was just dumped outright without even an explanation. :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3036381 - 08/22/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It's about a bunch of filthy, disgusting cockroaches of humanity building a nest in there.

providing real freedom has attracted those people who are miserable, hateful wretches, and most of them probably are not even into mushrooms at all.

Therefore, I reverse my original inexperienced stance, and I would applaud the administration if the whole OTD was just dumped outright without even an explanation.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3036435 - 08/22/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OTD has been unstable for a long time now.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #3036602 - 08/22/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OTD is the pressure release valve of the shroomery.

nuff said.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3038025 - 08/22/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I disagree. It IS about freedom of speech. The fact that you were treated badly in there shouldn't matter in your decision. I see that you no longer post in OTD, and that's fine. It's your decision, and frankly I can't blame you. But to call the denizens of OTD "cockroaches" is going a bit far, IMHO. Yes, there are some bitter, resentful people who post there, but they're in the minority. I'm sorry you were treated so badly in there, but hey, it comes with the territory....

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3038027 - 08/22/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You are only saying that b/c you were flamed horrendously. I don't condone what they said to you, and I wish they wouldn't have said those things, but I think OTD needs to be there, but they should crack down a bit on flaming.

Sometimes people go a bit too far, and the mods need to do their jobs and make sure it stops soon after it starts.

InvisibleCharles
I eat bugs.
Male
Loc: NE Arkansas
Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3038638 - 08/23/04 04:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Freedom of speech doesn't apply in places like this. The only freedoms we have are those allowed by the administration. If we refuse to abide by their guidelines, then they can easily force us to do so, or risk being banned. The best way I've ever seen it stated is: An online forum is at best a benevolent dictatorship. Besides, if the founding fathers had realized one day that freedom of speech would be used as an excuse to plaster the country with photographs of scat they would have left it out.

Consider the shroomery a good friends house. This friend lets you come over and sit and talk with other friends all you want. Then you decide to start sticking goates posters on his walls. Doesn't he have every right to tell you to get the fuck out?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: why is OTD so unstable? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3038715 - 08/23/04 06:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
I disagree. It IS about freedom of speech. The fact that you were treated badly in there shouldn't matter in your decision. I see that you no longer post in OTD, and that's fine. It's your decision, and frankly I can't blame you. But to call the denizens of OTD "cockroaches" is going a bit far, IMHO. Yes, there are some bitter, resentful people who post there, but they're in the minority. I'm sorry you were treated so badly in there, but hey, it comes with the territory....

Nevertheless, I see no real point in providing a place within a magic mushroom community of all places, for every hate monger on the internet to colonize and fester.

Why does there need to be a black hole on the Shroomery where idiots post pictures of their turds?

It's not just that I was treated badly, I was treated badly because I spoke out against the hate in OTD. That doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is that it's so filthy in there that personal attacks are the normal business of the day anyway.

The thing is that I began to realize that OTD is not just another forum here where members post, it's 80% hatemongers that ONLY post there and could give a fuck about mushrooms.

The "experiment" was ended early because 3Dshroom acted alone against the rest of the administration and re-instated OTD.

Well, now that 3Dshroom has been booted out of the administration here, let's resume the experiment for the betterment of the community!! :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3038718 - 08/23/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My suggestion is to just close OTD permanantly, and then BAN those who decide to spill their buckets of shit onto the other forums in retaliation. :cool:

--------------------

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #3039019 - 08/23/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

when i go into the OTD forum i often think "why the hell im i going in here?"

i think OTD makes those who use shrooms look bad, there are many intresting and intellectual forums on the shroomery, but one bad board (such as otd) spoils the rest of what the other boards create which in my mind is a positive learning enviroment (ill let you decide what positive is)

frankly i think otd could go away, because it does not better the community, and the pub is really all that is needed for random communal discussion.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3039145 - 08/23/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
My suggestion is to just close OTD permanantly, and then BAN those who decide to spill their buckets of shit onto the other forums in retaliation. :cool:

If that happens, then I will be banned, b/c my shit will be everywhere.

And I would say not even near 80% of us are antagonistic. I can name the few members that are all about hate. Where is it that you were persuaded not to have a personal agenda against gays? oh yeah, it was OTD. Funny, isn't it?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract