Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Fungus enduced evolution
    #2995184 - 08/12/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Humans can evolve in two ways:

We can evolve genetically and mentally.

With genetic evolution, our genes physically change or a certain gene will keep you from reproducing and your gene won't effect future generations. Mental evolution is alot faster and made possible by our brain power. The fact that we have microwaves and cars; the fact that people before us gave us knowledge for making these things is mental evolution. You could also look at it as internal (gene) and external (tech, info, behavior), but I'll use mental evolution as the term for now.

I don't think mushrooms effect our genes much, however I believe mushrooms evolve the mind. They bring the mind places that it wouldn't go without the aid of this powerful drug. This brings about a new point of view, self reflection, etc.

IE: A cold hearted person who beats his kids shamelessly, without a second thought decides to do mushrooms. While he's tripping, his son spills orange juice on a table and it spills onto the tile floor. The person looks and his brain starts to process what happenned, but since he's tripping he has doubts what he is seeing is happenning at all and what would normally make him angry and scream right away doesn't in his state.

The man gets up and walks over to the table while the child shows a fear reaction that he might get beaten (Dad looks drunk) or yelled at. The father touches the orange juice and realizes the kid really made a mess. At that moment, the man realizes something seeing the spilled orange juice and the look on his son's face. He actually questions wether he should become angry or not.

Instead of getting mad, he is hit with insight mixed with self hatred and guilt that he has been a horrible parent. The look on his childs face instantly brings him back to his own childhood and his own father who was alot harsher than he. He realizes that all along, it was his choice to get angry and act on it. He sees himself from a differant viewpoint and hates what he sees, the past he cannot change.

The child by now is usually punished, and he's looking real serious.

Instead of punishing the child, he says "don't worry about it" and pours a fresh glass for his son. The whole time the man is almost crying and me just hides his face from his child while orange juice drips onto the floor. The man is stuck thinking to himself about what he'd usually do. At this point the child knows that something is up, cleans up the mess as good as he can and walks away, niether said anything to the other.

Now the father is swimming in a sea of regret and dissodance. He has realized his harshness. The root of it and how it felt to be the subject of it. The whole time he's hallucinating.

Racked with guilt, he decides to change. He comes down off the trip and never beats his kid or treat him harshly again. In fact, he stops being mean to his wife and decides to call up his Dad to have a discussion.

The cycle of abuse is identified and extinguished with positive repercussions. Now the next generations will be mentally healthier, as children who are abused are at higher rist of mental instability as they get older. The child won't grow up to hate his Dad as much and is more likely to have a relationship with him well into adulthood.

This one change in behaviour brought on by mushrooms evolved this individuals mind and behaviour to something more suitable in ensuring the survival of his child and himself. What if this person eventually lost his temper and accidentally killed his son?

So I think mushrooms can help the world, evolving people on an individual basis which in the end effects others. Mushrooms alow someone to take a step outside the self and turn around. What you see isn't always very pretty.

There are also very many other examples of mushrooms changing behavior and minds:

-ending one ended relationships (false friends, manipulators, cheating spouses, etc.),
-overcomming anxiety and fears
-understanding how fragile life and our own exsistance really is,
-facing one's wrongs and realizing need for change,
-new ideas
-Spiritual experiances occure: esp, empathy, telepathy etc.
-A deeper understanding on what is really important in one's life.

The list can go on and on, but I'm done typing. Any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: MAGnum]
    #2995226 - 08/12/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

personally..i doubt that even shrooms can make a tiger change its stripes...for example..if ashwipe ate some shrooms..he will not suddenly morph into dennis kucinich...its true that psychedelics evolve the mind..but only in the direction it was already on...

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #2995281 - 08/12/04 01:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it's true that they aren't some miracle cure for everything bad in the world, but having a new perspective on yourself and your experience of existance can be quite beneficial for personal change. I think subconsciously though, change has to be intended before the mushrooms are even taken, or any drug for that matter. With this in mind, it could be considered a mental evolution accelerator rather than initiator, but still very valuable nonetheless.

Not everyone reacts the same to mushrooms however. While they may be an evolutionary tool of insight for some users, for others they are eyecandy, and for some nightmarish. This is why I don't think it could globally evolve our consciousness at this point in time. But it seems like more and more people are beginning to realize their potential :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2995290 - 08/12/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dennis Kucinich?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: Jellric]
    #2995357 - 08/12/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The democratic candidate who didn't suck ass. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2995528 - 08/12/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I figure we evolve socially as well, in our relations to each other. A little off-topic, but I couldn't resist, this whole evolution thing is an obsession of mine.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLizard_King
Twisted from theother side ofDeath
Male
Loc: Vansterdam
    #2995805 - 08/12/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think you hypothesis might require some testing. Perhaps if you took some "unevoluved" people, rapists, serial killers, bankers, politicians, cops, pedophiles, oil barons, etc, fed them sacred mushrooms and turned them loose in a deep forest. See who might return changed and "improved".

Follow this up with long term studies into the lives of these people and attempt to record any lasting change.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: Lizard_King]
    #2995832 - 08/12/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How is a "morally wrong" person automatically unevolved?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: Lizard_King]
    #2995980 - 08/12/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Much easier to go to OTD and see how much different "experienced" youngsters are from the norm.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Fungus enduced evolution [Re: Swami]
    #2996078 - 08/12/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Much easier to go to OTD and see how much different "experienced" youngsters are from the norm.

Or how about meeting those OTDers in person? I've met quite a few OTDers at gatherings, and many of them do seem more enlightened in person than what comes across on the Shroomery.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2996323 - 08/12/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

nice fantasy MAGnum..

.. but..

.. I'm afraid mushrooms don't "improve" people. I know lots of mean, manipulative socially irresponsible people who eat mushrooms, and they don't change. Even when they're on them. In fact, the people I know who are most into psychedelics are also the most under-handed sketchy selfish people I know. I know a guy who was sneaking LSD into the ketchup bottles of the restaurant he was working at, and there was this guy I was aquainted with who always ripped people off when he'd sell them mushrooms or DMT. Always underwheight.. so..

no.. you're waaaaay off.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2996425 - 08/12/04 06:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Magum I think you were on the right track when you go on about shrooms effecting man's evolution but, Going on about how it would help peole become better in the span of thier lives is "FANASTY INDEED"

In the days when we were nuckle draggin apes, yes eating psyco active fungus and plants helped us develope higher thoughts and mathmatics.

But your idea is bad.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology