Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Huskies]
    #29687948 -

How long do you pasteurize your substrate and casing mr fahster?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29687987 -

I vac seal pasteurize for 3 hours once temps are reached but that’s overkill.. I’m sure 2 hours is plenty as the absence of air in the bags cause the mix to heat up pretty quickly but it helps me sleep at night.

Vac bags are opened immediately after pasteurizing and broken up to introduce o2 so the mix doesn’t stay anaerobic for longer than that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 3
    #29687992 -

Today I've collected about 2 dried kilos of pasture horse shit (more wouldn't fit into the bucket). I love making sterile shit substrates for Bisporus with just a bit of grain sprinkled in. They love the stuff and the myc looks stunning. Also, myc on this kind of substrate has a much higher chance of surviving and spreading (when placed outside in nature - compost etc.), whereas pure grain spawn has basically a 0 chance, according to the many times I've tried.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29688017 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
These are my current pan projects after tossing all my cultures

TTBVI T3




It's still a bit bumpy, and I don't like the odd growth at 2:30. I think I'm going to use it anyways, but practice transferring aerial mycelium before I put it to grain. Maybe the T4 will be nicer.

Komodo x TTBVI



I'll transfer the whispiest parts into a CS.

I have some other plates that are in a cabin right now, and I'll transfer those to their own plates to check for growth.



I'm really proud of how this plate turned out

Komodo x TTBVI



This is from my attempt to pluck aerial mycelium from that TTBVI T3 plate. The schmutz is just some glue on the lid.



This is how my jars look so far from the TTBVI T3 plate



Hopefully I'll be pasteurizing some sub this weekend and then I can finally try out my new FC.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29688091 -

fahtster said:
I use a 12.5% castings mix.. the rest is the jacked up cv (Cv+)





Is this by volume or weight and if the latter hydrated or dry weight?

Looking so good those trays.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29688095 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
This is how my jars look so far from the TTBVI T3 plate



Hopefully I'll be pasteurizing some sub this weekend and then I can finally try out my new FC.




:awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 6
    #29688129 -

My first pan pins :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Azule]
    #29688137 -

Azule said:
My first pan pins :smile:





YAY WWWEEEEEEEEEE


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Azule]
    #29688222 -

Azule said:
My first pan pins :smile:




:kaneclap:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #29688313 -

Baba Yaga said:
fahtster said:
I use a 12.5% castings mix.. the rest is the jacked up cv (Cv+)





Is this by volume or weight and if the latter hydrated or dry weight?

Looking so good those trays.



Volume.  It’s a 1/2 cup WC to 4 cups cv+ per tray

Azule said:
My first pan pins :smile:




Looks great

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mackload] * 3
    #29688340 -

My last round of pasteurized horse manure mix all failed with cobweb mold (from what i've been described)

the horse manure wasn't field aged/ leached for very long and was pretty strong smelling, maybe that had something to do with it, but more probably I think was the cut-with-scissors grass straw that was in 1 to 2" chunks... I think that created a bunch of air pockets, and it was only pasteurized for like 1.5hours...

so I can try again (have more spawn ready, it all smelled great) with longer pasteurization times, finer chopping or omitting the straw (and including more hemp hurd, although that is about a 1:30 C:N according to Tree Frog, so wouldn't do much to bring down the nitrogen from that hot poo, but has an easy to pasteurize buffering effect on hot hpoo)

or I can just finally sterilize a substrate and inoculate it in bags in front of the flow hood, something I'm comfortable doing as that's worked dozens of times before for woodlovers.

I'm leaning towards sterilizing substrate for future runs, because I think i can do that well.

I'm also curious about the differences of spawning that sterile substrate mix outdoors like Adas describes, vs. putting it in a tray in a martha and casing it, which i'd like to try since the weather is getting colder now, and we could just put it in the martha. 

I've actually been very interested in spawning to outdoors, thinking that pasteurized substrate would be helpful to give it when spawning, but maybe that's too high of a risk.  last year i spawned grain to 100% sterilized hemp hurd in bags, buried it in rows outside with a little covering of soil, and it worked amazingly.  no manure involved, so easy... maybe i should try that again next spring when it gets warm again. 

(last year's outdoor hemp hurd grow with bisporus...





ok they didn't do THAT amazing, but they got scorched by the cold frame glass being closed and I wasn't there at all to water them, or open the cold frame at the right time...  a little negligence but i'm grateful for them telling me that it could work well.  some of them turned out great but it should have been a much shadier environment, they were clinging to the wooden walls for shelter from the sun)


)

...and I wonder how 100% hemp hurd inoculated with a qt of grain spawn in a bag would do if simply spawned to a tray in a martha, and cased...

I know that's a lot, but any opinions?

Edited by Generic (10/06/26 07:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic]
    #29688387 -

Generic said:
I've actually been very interested in spawning to outdoors, thinking that pasteurized substrate would be helpful to give it when spawning, but maybe that's too high of a risk.  last year i spawned grain to 100% sterilized hemp hurd in bags, buried it in rows outside with a little covering of soil, and it worked amazingly.  no manure involved, so easy... maybe i should try that again next spring when it gets warm again. 

(last year's outdoor hemp hurd grow with bisporus...





ok they didn't do THAT amazing, but they got scorched by the cold frame glass being closed and I wasn't there at all to water them, or open the cold frame at the right time...  a little negligence but i'm grateful for them telling me that it could work well.  some of them turned out great but it should have been a much shadier environment, they were clinging to the wooden walls for shelter from the sun)


)

...and I wonder how 100% hemp hurd inoculated with a qt of grain spawn in a bag would do if simply spawned to a tray in a martha, and cased...

I know that's a lot, but any opinions?



:friendsshocked:

I got a greenhouse that would be perfect for this, especially after I finish the drip irrigation system... Might do one bed with pans for the Summer, and do a couple beds of different woodlovers for late Fall.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ghiajake]
    #29688391 -

I've tried to do outdoor pans and semps the last two summers but it doesn't get humid enough. Bags don't really seem to work for me.

I might try a Tub in Tub next year.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29688396 -

I might try pans outdoors in late dinner next year

For example it's so wet and humid I put buncha marijuana autoflowers in the ground about a week old n then forgot till harvest time. They almost drowned without any watering :laugh2:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29688722 -

I just checked on the pan trays in the martha yesterday... false alarm, none of them have cobweb mold, that was all pan mycelium starting to become aerial... time to case, will get to it tonight. 

my friend whose house they're at has never seen pan mycelium before, i was ready to toss them in the garden and start over based on what he said, but it looks like our substrate is fine.

I feel like we should make an OUTDOOR pan thread, I know theres an outdoor thread and a pan thread already, but this would be different IMO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic] * 2
    #29689188 -

Where I am it's pretty windy and dry in summer and this got worse in the last 10 years. Makes it a real challenge to establish new trees / plants.
When I put spent or non productive pan subs on either the compost pile or bury them in a garden I either cover them with some straw or use what ever
lies around the compost like grass clippings, leaf litter, twigs and so on and it gets a spritz with the hose in the mornings. This helps to break the
wind and to prevent the substrate from drying up. The fruits do still get a beating but enough humidity is present to get something out although I
hardly pick any. I hope one day they will pop up from the compost by themselves.





Edited by Baba Yaga (10/07/26 03:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29689272 -

fahtster said:
Not kloakk but this is probably the cleanest pan culture I’ve produced… at least the only one I’ve been completely sure about and thought, “that’s gonna do really well.”



Went on to produce this tray


I’ve had plenty that I was unsure about do well tho.  You want fast, even, wispy growth that looks unencumbered.  Watch out for myc that doesn’t grow aerial above the plate surface and lays down.  Too thick myc that’s slow usually means there’s a biofilm under it ime

I also don’t think it’s a stretch to think that some ride along bacteria can be in a symbiotic relationship with mycelium.  These organisms aren’t in anywhere close to sterile conditions out in the wild so maybe some bacteria are welcomed by the myc to help break food down (nichrome has said as much as a possibility). 

Could be that the bacteria hitches a ride helping them spread.  Could also be a way for the mycelium to keep their lineage in check… millions of spores are released and the weaker ones lose the battle of symbiotic balance being taken over by the bacteria whereas, the strong, fast and aggressive offspring stay in balance with the relationship and live long enough to spore.

Just spitballing but with that being said, if you’ve done everything you can to get a culture clean and it still seems slightly dirty but aggressive, maybe you just need to send it and see how it goes.  I have a lot of borderline cultures where Ive done that and they turn out well.  Maybe the first flush is a bit rough but get better in the conservative flushes.

When I do send cultures to grain that I’m not sure of, I’ll pay close attention to what the jar looks like fully colonized.  I let my jar go for 2-3 days after colonization to see how they act.  You really can’t tell much from a colonizing jar.  They can be very deceiving.  The growth in that 2-3 days after 100% tells me if I should even send the jar to bulk. 

This is what I look for in those jars.. again, even growth without signs of stress


That myc growing up the jar says a lot.  The myc in the grains is also even.  There’s no thick matted clumps or bruising or yellowing/gray colors.

This jar has all the things I don’t want to see.  Along with, metabolites


I won’t even waste the materials to send that because 9 out of 10 times, it won’t even make it past colonizing and if it does, it probably won’t flush out.  Metabolites and heavy bruising are the big ones for me.  I see those and it’s a definite no send. 




Alright Professor Faht (Baba, Kloakk, and Puff. Feel free to chime in here)

This is a clone I took of the bacterial tub that stuck I out long enough to give me fruits.

Faht, you stated "Watch out for myc that doesn’t grow aerial above the plate surface and lays down"

So with the way this Myc is starting, I should take this as a good sign yeah?  This is on water agar. about 2 days old so growth is going fairly fast (relative to the original plate/ culture it came from) Light, wispy, fast, and aerial.




--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Edited by Lo-Z (10/07/26 03:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 2
    #29689283 -

Looks like a good start to new beginnings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29689309 -

Baba Yaga said:
Looks like a good start to new beginnings.




Thanks Baba, I'm super stoked about it! I'm going to let this guy run for a bit then put it through a cabin on 0.5% PDA

Do you run PDA LME or something else? What's your favorite/ go to?


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 313 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,018 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 554 555 )
nosf3r4tu 355,502 11,086 10/07/26 11:27 AM
by Marxcelium
* Hemp seed tek? YouInfoIt 1,769 6 10/23/19 05:21 AM
by pablokabute
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,687 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,763 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* hemp seed
( 1 2 all )
metalchimp 2,879 31 05/13/08 04:48 PM
by jazzillion
* hemp seed substrate walkclothed 1,503 4 09/13/05 09:18 AM
by OldSpice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,308,831 topic views. 16 members, 65 guests and 127 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 15 queries.