Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: knarkkorven]
    #28979682 -

💩🍄 💩🍄 💩🍄 💩


--------------------


An hour and a half later, I was beginning to feel definite effects
Subjective Effect Index: comprehensive map of all potential psychoactive experiences

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: Mycodemus] * 1
    #28991599 -

We went out to the habitat yesterday. It was very wet this time. Many species are flourishing in this pasture. Panaeolus, Galerina, Entoloma, Hygrocybe, Coprinellus, Clavulinopsis etc. Not so many spots with P. fimetaria today, but also hard to find them.

The drying photo shows the hygrophaneus stage pretty well between wet and dry.
The dung in the portrait photo is the same as pictured in the first post held in two hands by GM. The dung piece kept up fruiting.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: knarkkorven]
    #28991620 -

:takingnotes:whooooooa cool 😎 👌
Great pictures 📸
Are those active?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: rhizoRider]
    #28992667 -

Thanks. Yes, P. fimetaria is active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: knarkkorven]
    #29016371 -

Holy fuck great photos and great thread !

Now that fimetara is very well understood in the sense of identification, I would like if there were more investigations on its potency. I think I know a guy in Spain that does spectroscopy, if you or your friend are willing to investigate this further next time...Unfortunately I lack material for any further research...
From what I've learned bluing in fimetaria in Scotland collections is around 0.1%, mine were not bluing, so probably the same percentage or lower, this collection might be around 2-3%, and somehow the bluing in Dutch collections is around 45%. It's worth noting that, from research I've read, fimetara prefers horse crap in the Netherlands over cow's, so it might be substrate related.

However, after some analysis semilacreator (NL) claimed he was accidentally collecting both fimetaria and liniformans not regularly checking for the distinguishing feature...So it might be that liniformans stains blue more often. In collection this big, it might be liniformans present as well...So please next time check for a separable gill edge cuticle, I know you already did, but on as many as you can, especially the bluing ones...


--------------------
:mushroom2:  l e a r n i n g  t h i n g s :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: RenegadeMycologist]
    #29017282 -

Quote:
From what I've learned bluing in fimetaria in Scotland collections is around 0.1%, mine were not bluing, so probably the same percentage or lower, this collection might be around 2-3%, and somehow the bluing in Dutch collections is around 45%. It's worth noting that, from research I've read, fimetara prefers horse crap in the Netherlands over cow's, so it might be substrate related.



I have a couple of others photo collections saved since many years. In 1/1 collection from Scotland, 2/2 from UK, 1/1 from Spain I see several bluing, around 10%. In 1/1 collection from Germany there is no bluing spotted, but he also picked in a more brutal way ripping the stipes, leaving the bases that often has the visible bluing.

My first collection in this thread had more than 3% with bluing, I think about 8-10% but mostly on the mycelium as you can see here on the comparison photo with the very few libs we found. Magnify and look, there are small blue spots.

a few more specimens had bluing, but only like 5 visible higher up on the stipe. I also found one blue abort.
Last time we picked I didn't see any at all with bluing. But it was very wet conditions.
It's about the same with liberty caps in my experience. Some are bluing, most are not. So a bad potency indicator for species that don't have much psilocin, but could hide psilocybin...
However, I trust those that say fimetaria are on the weak side of the spectrum. But could be variants...

Quote:
However, after some analysis semilacreator (NL) claimed he was accidentally collecting both fimetaria and liniformans not regularly checking for the distinguishing feature...So it might be that liniformans stains blue more often. In collection this big, it might be liniformans present as well...So please next time check for a separable gill edge cuticle, I know you already did, but on as many as you can, especially the bluing ones...



Yes, I only checked like 3 from the first collection. Interesting if both these rare species would occur on the same place though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden [Re: RenegadeMycologist] * 1
    #29051545 -

Very nice to see that what I originally thought of as a pure curiosity spawned such an interest among people here. I would love to have them analyzed next year but I personally and subjectively already know they're not worth picking for any kind of shamanic usage. God (or whatever omniscient force you believe in) gave us liberty caps for that very reason and fimetaria to admire in awe. Very cool species though, and I'll make sure to post here again when they reappear next year. I will not hesitate to mail prints to serious people here as long as they pay it forward, karma-style... I feel so lucky to have found such a beautiful and interesting mushroom, and in abundance on top of that! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: knarkkorven] * 3
    #29372241 -

Yesterday I traveled to the special place and got really lucky. I spent 5.5h hunting, taking 250+ photos.
The last hour GM showed up to help. :smile:

I hope you enjoy!

I also spent some time with comparison photos. Protostropharia semiglobata is present in the habitat together with Psilocybe semilanceata and all three was abundant. The semiglobatas sometimes even shared the same pile of dung, growing just centimeters away, which makes identification a bit troublesome when only looking from above and all mushrooms are dry. The dryness also create some trouble distinguishing small fimetaria from small semilanceata.

The singles (and pin):



The pieces of dung:




The groups on dung:



The large families growing from old decomposed dung below the grass:



Some comparison when ID difficulties arises:
Stropharia semiglobata growing together with fimetaria, libs etc.



Bonus photo, I think this is Araneus diadematus:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: knarkkorven]
    #29372291 -

Super cool shots, really awesome! I see the potential challenge in distinguishing Protostropharia semiglobata when they're dry and without picking them for closer inspection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: jsz]
    #29372853 -

Aww hell yeah that's sick! Wicked finds :highfive:


--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: Blazer420] * 1
    #29373169 -

Thanks guys, it was well worth the ache in my legs and back yesterday :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: knarkkorven] * 3
    #29686561 -

I went to the pasture yesterday and had a quite good day finding fimetaria and shooting some nice photos! :smile:



Some singles, macro shots of pins (obligatory photo with blackberries etc:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: knarkkorven]
    #29686740 -

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!
:bigyesnod:


--------------------
~notice your next breath~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: woaronun]
    #29686886 -

Thats some good shit :ohmyfuck:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: cyanfrisco]
    #29688175 -

What do you do with them, as clearly you re picking bunch. I never heard anyone tripping on those, I surely havent. Perhaps I didnt meet the threshold but damn i ate a lot.


--------------------
:mushroom2:  l e a r n i n g  t h i n g s :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe fimetaria, west coast Sweden (Image heavy! Updated Oct 13 2025) [Re: RenegadeMycologist]
    #29689064 -

Nope, I just picked the ones I placed in my hand and on some photos lying on the dung.
I picked a bunch the first year, made a spore slurry and was going to spread it on some cow pastures but when I got there the cows were gone and I was forced to just spread it in the high grass and hope for the best.
Never tried dosing on it. GourmetMuffin stated it was pretty weak. I just love that it is an active Psilocybe, quite rare, but in this location plentiful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Freshly picked P. fimetaria and P. Subfimetaria mjshroomer 4,306 15 04/18/01 12:24 AM
by Thor
* psilocybe thrausta and psilocybe coprophila Cosm 5,057 13 07/21/04 02:46 AM
by mjshroomer
* How to identify Psilocybe Species and Panaeolus. (Illus.)
( 1 2 3 all )
mjshroomer 65,601 52 04/15/09 12:34 PM
by Alan Rockefeller
* I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones..
( 1 2 all )
YouInfoIt 9,145 26 11/01/02 05:49 AM
by JovialLeprechaun
* Found Psilocybe aeruginosa (pics) SThomas 3,228 12 10/28/01 08:15 PM
by iono
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,284 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 79,335 688 12/07/04 01:11 PM
by hot48yearolds
* Best Time/Place to find Psilocybe caerulipes?
( 1 2 all )
Richard_D_James 27,279 23 09/19/11 06:22 PM
by Heremushymushy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,152 topic views. 1 members, 61 guests and 45 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.