Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29685775 -

Horse poop is what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 5
    #29685791 -

I get what most of you are getting at. Why cater to a group of people who don’t even grow (that we see) and allow them a space here? The answer is that we are not in a perfect world and OTD became what it was because it served a necessary function, to an extent it still does. Personally if we went completely heavy handed on the censorship, I’d probably leave. Not because I need to hear people say the n word, rather that I don’t like what the outcome of compelled speech becomes. It’s a fundamental principle. I don’t want to speak or associate with bigots or intolerant people on the right or the left, but at the same time how will I know who is who if I’m in an echo chamber?

Let people speak their minds, it doesn’t mean I have to listen. If all they are is hateful irredeemable bigots, we can show them the door on an individual level. But if keeping them sequestered keeps them mostly out of our hair over in the on topic boards, I’d say that was a pretty decent thing. I’m sure on some level some of them dislike the fact they can’t come over here and they are sequestered in their little pen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685793 -

They love talking about segregation they adore it. Why don't they get segregated for once?
They should not get to have all otd to themselves. How about they get one little back room shit hole that they can smear all over and it doesn't matter?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29685794 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
Horse poop is what it is.



Time to Pasteurize it :poopbanana:


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685805 -

Pastywhyte said:
I don’t want to speak or associate with bigots or intolerant people on the right or the left, but at the same time how will I know who is who if I’m in an echo chamber?

Let people speak their minds, it doesn’t mean I have to listen. If all they are is hateful irredeemable bigots, we can show them the door on an individual level. But if keeping them sequestered keeps them mostly out of our hair over in the on topic boards, I’d say that was a pretty decent thing. I’m sure on some level some of them dislike the fact they can’t come over here and they are sequestered in their little pen.



Agreed, the people are sequestered in their own place because they outed themselves as who they are and they shall deal with the consequences of the MC people not tolerating their unpasteurized horseshit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29685815 -

Legit.  Like, you can have differences and disagreements.  Talkin' is how shit gets better, diversity of opinion is a damned useful tool in society's arsenal.

That don't mean you should be tolerant of slur-slingin' motherfuckers or goose-stepping dickheads that worship some combover sporting German microcock bitch that shot himself and his cousin he was too small to fuck.  Last I read, the sign at the door said "The Shroomery," not "The Cuntery."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 3
    #29685820 -

I can dig it i guess paste-man.  I got heated when they dunked on B.  Call me any name you want but when you fuck with my friends I go nuclear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29685825 -

I think everyone is raising some really good points, I'm definitely feeling a mixed bag. While I don't think racism and bigotry should be tolerated, I also think censorship is a bad thing. Ultimately I'm really just here for MC, I rarely venture out to other parts of the forum, and when I do I never really feel compelled to interact. All of my needs are satiated in MC so it's easy to be blissfully ignorant of the murkier goings-on elsewhere, but finding out how gross some of that shit is definitely leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and makes me feel not so good about being associated with it, albeit adjacently. I feel like purging the dregs from the bottom of the OTD barrel is probably a good thing, the lowest of the low, and also really like the idea of renaming it to something less innocuous, like scumfuck central or something. But then a big part of me is also like, why tolerate it on any level at all? All I know for sure is it's really fucking awesome to see good folks like Beef standing up and speaking out and initiating conversations about change and what out values are as a community. Glad to be here with y'all.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 5
    #29685826 -

That just kind of sounds like as long as you don't direct your insults at somebody specifically you can get away with whatever you want.


The rules and guidelines almost sound like an invitation to do so in fact.

If it's the case that you can go through and take care of individuals as long as they are targeting somone specific then why not just get rid of all those individuals as a whole.

And if they do start to make their way over here  to mc instead (cause they no longer have a place.)

and taint what we have then they get permabanned as such. I don't see that as censorship. I just see that as mods getting rid of people that are using loopholes to spread hate.

And I think if all of them ended up going through that process. We wouldn't even realize they were gone other than the fact that we no longer have to feel attacked and abused.

We would move on just like any other person that's ever banned. 

Simply. there's no longer a place for them to say and do as they feel which is what it sounds like the reason it was made. 

All forums
should fall under the same rules and guidelines.

And if you're hate mongering whether specified at somebody or "cleverly" using phrases/wordage that are most definitely directed at somebody but are able to get away with the fact you haven't called them out specifically. You should. Be gone.  Not protected simply because you chose the correct place to say it..


I don't agree with the if they werent  over there then  they'd be in here.

Wrong if they weren't over there then they'd be in here and then they'd be banned and then we wouldn't be dealing with them.

All sites are going to have these people and we're going to have to deal with them but let's fucking deal with them and not give them a platform to say whatever they please.

That doesn't mean you're against free speech that just means you're against hate in a community where we're better off when we don't Foster it

Cuz I know all the people who are fighting against the racist people over there believe in free speech. That's not what's under discussion here.

It's the fact that we've given them  a playground in an otherwise cordial community. 

It boils down to is a forum  for mushroom cultivation or is it a social site where we just simply come to shoot this shit.?

I wish it was one where people who enjoyed mushroom cultivation came to shoot the shit about mushroom cultivation and whatever mishaps they so happen to experience along the way...
That's not what happens in otd though...

Hate  should never be accepted or minimized. and it should never be invited and we should never compromise that.

I think people have gotten to laxxed and comfortable with the fact that they're off over in their own corner.. and sure its easy enough to ignore.

well ateast  until they direct their attack on you or us. and then what?

That's what's brought this whole question up in the first place.

One of our very good friends was attacked  done.. and unfortunately what it it sounds like is it was his fault for venturing over into a place he "shouldn't have been"

I think this place would be much better if it was specific for cultivation and psychedelic experiences and all of the rest of the other shit should be left the places like 4chan and whatever.

Why do we have to be both.

When we can have a fair set of rules on anybody who breaks them no matter what part of the site you're at get treated appropriately. Just like the rest of us over here in mc. Like when I caught a five day ban  for simply telling somebody to "fuck off". When they were flaming and baiting me in the first place.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (10/04/26 05:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29685828 -

BeefExtreme said:
I can dig it i guess paste-man.  I got heated when they dunked on B.  Call me any name you want but when you fuck with my friends I go nuclear.



No the argument doesn't serve a purpose here.

His argument against having this shit wiped away is that this is a bastion for the freedom of speech.

This is a website dependent on traffic where people are going to come or leave from and if they arrive and see those things typed out with thousands of replies to them. They're not going to think to themselves.

"Oh thank goodness this place is a sanctuary for the freedom of speech."

They're gonna probably be disgusted and take themselves elsewhere. It's a literal drain on the entire community and it disenfranchises many people. And the argument is what that we can post a dead body getting fucked by somebody? And that's a good thing? That's the rebuttal!?

That's fucking ridiculous. We're trying to attract people to this site and have them actually stick around. We're not trying to attract some fucking weirdos that wanna be able to post whatever they want.

That argument sounds an awful lot like making excuses for the minority of people that are ruining it for everyone to keep doing what they're doing. Everyone else just has to deal with it. Punish the minority not the majority of people coming to the website. That's only fair.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29685831 -

Pasty  and beef get my most respect. Both great dudes.

beef happens to be a really good friend of mine.

  And  im are super passionate on the subject. I deal with racism and abuse constantly in my daily life..

  pasty it sounds like your stuck between a rock  and a hard place.  And you're just doing your best to coexist.thats understandable. 

I think all of us can do better though. And this discussion is definitely important


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29685832 -

Im also a bit torn.  Im a proponent of free speech and want my own protected so its like.. if we have to let people use the N word okay i guess.  Wouldnt be how i ran the forum but whatever.

But calling B traven a n*gger to his face? Nah.  Fuck that.  That should have been at least a temp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29685833 -

Everything's gotta have some kinda reasonable limits.  Absolute freedom only breeds bedlam.  When cells start reproducing without reasonable limitations, that's called cancer.  Same shit with people.  Is it a fine line to toe?  Sure, but it's an important one.

After all, do societies not exist at least in part because enough people got together and decided "this is how we're gonna do shit?" Forums and social media in general are a microcosm of that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: DorkWithTheHair] * 1
    #29685840 -

Id settle for at least a temp ban  and a warning for mightywhite today but i wont be letting any of this go for a long long time.

I can appreciate where the paste man stands and i dont envy his station but also i tend to agree that there needs to be some kind of limit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 5
    #29685843 -

There's the whole paradox of tolerance and I do worry that free speech absolutism comes at the expense of the people of color and other minorities who are driven away and excluded when they're exposed to it. That's why I'll always speak up to help create space for them. It's easy to tolerate speech that doesn't impact you, but it does impact a lot of people who otherwise may have enriched the community if not for it.

That's my last 2 cents. I'm going to go stare at my plates. :eek:

Edited by pinkpuddles (10/04/26 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29685844 -

I just can't turn the other cheek or look the other way in the face  of actual  hate that is directed at somebody specifically or not. It was meant for a reason.  And it has its impact. And no place here.  On earth. Not just  The org.

Just because somebody expresses their freedom of speech doesn't mean they also haven't committed a hate crime.

And people should continue to be punished and reprimanded for their hate crimes. Regardless of those crimes are one of the verbal or physical nature. 


As of now this site Fosters community and cultivation and then it also Fosters hate and bigotry.  And invites,  an entices people to commit hate crimes freely via speech.they do it openly against our community under the safety net of  freedom of speech on a daily basis.

Smh


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (10/04/26 05:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29685846 -

Yeah, absolutely fair enough.  Lettin' that kinda shit slide is only gonna hurt this place in the long run.  Ain't a one of us gonna live forever, new blood just ain't optional.  We ain't gonna get a damn drop of it if we let fuckery go unchecked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: pinkpuddles] * 3
    #29685847 -

pinkpuddles said:
There's the whole paradox of tolerance and I do worry that free speech absolutism comes at the expense of the people of color and other minorities who are driven away and excluded when they're exposed to it. That's why I'll always speak up to help create space for them. It's easy to tolerate speech that doesn't impact you, but it does impact a lot of people who otherwise could have enriched the community if not for it.

That's my last 2 cents. I'm going to go stare at my plates. :eek:




Thats a really good point.  Being tollerant of hate speech is absolutely a privelage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29685849 -

Yeah that one really sank in for me too


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29685851 -

BeefExtreme said:
pinkpuddles said:
There's the whole paradox of tolerance and I do worry that free speech absolutism comes at the expense of the people of color and other minorities who are driven away and excluded when they're exposed to it. That's why I'll always speak up to help create space for them. It's easy to tolerate speech that doesn't impact you, but it does impact a lot of people who otherwise could have enriched the community if not for it.

That's my last 2 cents. I'm going to go stare at my plates. :eek:




Thats a really good point.  Being tollerant of hate speech is absolutely a privelage.



Duuuuuuude, so much this.  I'm prolly more sensitive to it than a lotta crackers because I grew up in a predominantly poor, black neighbourhood.  Shit, I watched one of my friend's brothers get life in prison for unfortunately lethal self-defense.  Because he was black.  And the man he shot was white.

You see that kinda bullshit, you learn that shit ain't acceptable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Addicted to Cultivation????
( 1 2 all )
tahoe 3,195 34 12/14/08 10:53 PM
by The shroomy 1
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,972 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 775 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
dumbfounded1600 224,762 181 01/17/22 08:33 AM
by TheStallionMang
* first attempt at cultivating... Fruiting/harvest time!!! .. Pics..
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
plonkerism 30,722 308 10/17/08 01:22 AM
by plonkerism
* Beggining my first Cultivation -- PF TEK (need some help)
( 1 2 3 all )
ElectroTheMage 3,883 41 01/20/09 04:30 AM
by merzdiesler
* Just a few questions for a new cultivator Mello KittyS 681 9 12/04/08 05:27 PM
by J3illy
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Alien 26,658 72 08/26/02 07:55 AM
by kingkc

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
466,080 topic views. 14 members, 77 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.