Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 |
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29684182 -

Lo-Z said:
Oh you can 100% bet ill follow up on the cloning.  I could not have done it without everyone's help!


What would be the best place to take a clone sample from? Any one got a good tek for that?




Dala said:
Faht has a great method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29263448





If your material is too small to disect it for inner stem tissue then you could drop smaller pins onto a BRF puck.

Drop it close to one side and take transfers when it grew out into the other half of the puck and put on WA or nutritious agar.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #29684194 -

:whathesaid:

Great method for the drunk cultivator as well


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Dala]
    #29684195 -

Idk if u can do this with pans as I haven't got a pin or plain yet though with cubes u can take a pin as long as it's bigger than a grain of rice n toss it straight to a agar plate n it might transfer clean depending on how clean the pin was and also ur transfer teqniques


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29684213 -

Taking inner stem samples gives you better starting material but you can drop a pan pin to agar no problem, or any part of the mushroom like stem
sections. Water agar will reduce bacterial growth. I used to wash samples in a very mild bleach solution before dropping them to WA but
stopped because the sample took longer to recover. They usually bounce back pretty fast.




A puck is better ime cause you'll never get a bacterial puddle. Pucks are also better if you other wise do no pour plates and don't have the time to
wait for pooling water to get adsorbed or evaporate which is the worst when cloning. Pucks are ready straight away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29684259 -

I was doing a 45 min h2o2 soak on pan inner stipe samples but bacteria was still making it through (the h2o2 was put through a syringe filter).  With that I think it was the bubbles actually making a barrier around the sample; keeping more peroxide from contacting the tissue.  I actually just tried a 10% syringe filtered bleach soak for 10 min. 

That was 3 days ago and don’t see any action good or bad but I think k that might be a good thing.. too quick of a bounce back tells me it wasn’t as effective as it should be.  We’ll see.  Hopefully I didn’t totally kill the sample

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29684272 -

After a bleach bath it took my samples more like 5-6 days before first signs of recovery.
I rinsed in sterile water and dried the samples on sterilized kitchen paper before placing onto agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #29684335 -

Yeah, I did a sterile water rinse after the soak.  I use an empty dish on a slight angle to pool the bleach water to the bottom so the rest of the plate is dry.  I just drag the sample across the dry part of the dish with a tweezer to get the water off before going to WA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29684432 -

This is all great Information!! Thats guys just reading your conversations is so helpful.

Here's my thought process. Because I want to catch this thing. If the clone fails, and minimum get the spore print and start from spore.

I have pre-made agar plates. They are PDA and comes as a mold testing kit. Amazon link

Idk what the nutrition % is. I can make water agar, but the last time I made it with the agar agar I got it stayed very watery. I havent perfected my agar yet (thats why ive been using these pre-pouded plates). I can attempt to try and find some telephone brand locally tomorrow to pour some plates. However, i wont be able to let it sit for the few days i would like to in order to make sure the pour is clean.

I got glass cover slips to run the pans through a cabin (thanks Kloakk).

What would you guys do?

- Run the agar i have not knowing the nutritional %.

- Make WA and just send it a few hours after it cools and hope its a good pour (have yet to have contam in my SAB so I feel pretty confident)

- I do have the stuff for BRF Cakes.

After writing all this my brain says do all of it. But I want to be smart about it.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29684487 -

Does anyone have olivaceus spores and/or insights? I've set my sights on this seldom grown species.


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: arlo.arlo] * 1
    #29684508 -

MojaveMyc has grown it, he posted photos in the OP of his CV+ thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29684895 -

Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29684905 -

I'm still just a baby noob Jr., but so far on my journey I've only used brown rice, tek in my signature.

The picture of the Pan above from my bacterial grown is spawned on BR. I know a lot of people look down on BR but i like it, its cheap and after you get it right the next time its easy.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29684909 -

JoeTherapist said:
Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.



I started my pan journey with popcorn, it's very clean and holds a lot of water, had great results. It's expensive, but if you don't mind for a couple of grows while you source wheat it's a good grain for pans in my opinion.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29684928 -

JoeTherapist said:
Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.



What grains were at the feed store? Wheat can be seasonal and regional.


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29684930 -

Kloakk said:
JoeTherapist said:
Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.



I started my pan journey with popcorn, it's very clean and holds a lot of water, had great results. It's expensive, but if you don't mind for a couple of grows while you source wheat it's a good grain for pans in my opinion.



I have seen some of this. I can do popcorn. In reality I can just order wheat. I haven’t started any spores to WA yet so I have time. I’m just frustrated. Nowhere has any chunky and coarse vermiculate either so wasted a lot of a day.

Lo-Z said:
I'm still just a baby noob Jr., but so far on my journey I've only used brown rice, tek in my signature.

The picture of the Pan above from my bacterial grown is spawned on BR. I know a lot of people look down on BR but i like it, its cheap and after you get it right the next time its easy.



I may give it a try if I don’t find wheat. I have some already so I don’t need to buy anything and I have gypsum to help it stick less.  Thanks for the input! I think like a lot of other things we discuss its hard for some people, but would not be as hard if you can handle failing a time or two to find out what works for you. I don’t know if that even made sense?


Arlo-  they didn’t have much here right now. Most of what they have is feed not seed here. They had oats for a good deal but I have tons of oats.


I kinda wondered if this would work but didn’t want to risk it


Thanks yall!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29684938 -

JoeTherapist said:
Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.




So what is the reasoning for having doubts going with oats? Are they working in your other grows?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29684948 -

Baba Yaga said:
JoeTherapist said:
Ok so i just went to 3 different feed stores and none of them have wheat. Should I just go for it with oats? Or what other options do I have? I don’t want to spend a ton on grain. I’m willing to try brown rice, but I heard dialing in the moisture content, and not ending up with a brick is the issue with br. Ughhhh.




So what is the reasoning for having doubts going with oats? Are they working in your other grows?




Ok so that is such a valid question that I cannot say I have any proof that the oats were a problem at all. But, from what I have read on here, oats have not worked as well as wheat or other grains. So, I just figured I would use another grain. Do you think there is any difference between oats and other grains with pans? I’m just trying to set myself up for success, and just like all the shit reddit tells people to buy, it may have no actual benefit.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29684954 -

Oats is all I used for most parts. Tried other grains as well and had the same luck and problems regardless of what it was.

If you had trouble with pans on oats then try another grain and see if it does make a difference. Once you have
sorted out all the kinks and have success you could go back to oats and see if that causes trouble or run two types of grain parallel.

Regarding the nutrition content of the grain I think it doesn't matter what is used.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29684971 -

Having the room @ 13C for the last weeks makes things slow but it's getting a bit warmer now and growth is speeding up on plates and in LCs and grain jars.

Made test plates of the LCs I have cracked open and can say that there is no bacteria present.


Bisporus 2024-LC test plate




Bisporus in AIO jar manure/straw with a BRF center picking up momentum




TSB T1 away from 2021-LC test plates, 1st I'm happy with 2nd is 50/50 because it looks a bit wild but since it just had been resurrected from a 5
year sleep I will do more transfers to give it a chance to come right.




TSB on oats on second day after first shake


Edited by Baba Yaga (10/04/26 04:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29685360 -

I use wbs for everything but im not even sure if its my cheapest option.  its just the option that I can get at any store im at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 318 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,029 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 554 555 )
nosf3r4tu 355,587 11,089 10/08/26 11:33 AM
by Marxcelium
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: Copelandia Cyans. B.I.O. 1,263 4 12/11/99 01:40 AM
by mycofile
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,655 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,047 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences Ekstaza 4,760 3 08/23/03 10:18 PM
by deanofmean

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,309,044 topic views. 19 members, 76 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 16 queries.