Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553 | 554 | 555
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ambigu]
    #29688666 -

I’m lousy at analyzing pictures and semp myc can present oddly but I think it’s organized mycelium. When did it show up and is it growing quickly?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29688695 -

SkanskKorv said:
Looks like hypal knots mate! But this might mean you're about to experience side pin hell:lol:

Last time I had hypal knots like that the tub ended up like this. My gf can't view the image due to her Trypophobia:awesome:


But I still got a great flush on the top of the substrate, it was just really annoying to have to harvest the side/bottom pins.



Ah, I prefer side pins over a contaminated tub :thumbup: I have a little bit of trypophobia myself, but my mycophilia will always prevail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: The Tao]
    #29688697 -

The Tao said:
I’m lousy at analyzing pictures and semp myc can present oddly but I think it’s organized mycelium. When did it show up and is it growing quickly?



I saw the first dots appear about 3 or 4 days ago. I’m not sure if that’s considered quickly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ambigu]
    #29688735 -

Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Generic] * 1
    #29688738 -

Generic said:
Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.



Picture would help, but yes, late casing sound like the better option.


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Generic]
    #29688744 -

Generic said:
Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.



Verm works nicely on its own but I had slightly better results with peat, I'm just too lazy to deal with it but honestly the results were quite similar. Verm is easy because it can be used straight outta the bag without any hassle but peat has to be pasteurized properly before use.


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (10/07/26 09:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29688908 -

@The Tao

I usually do a 50/50 and pasteurize on the stove in quart jars. I’ve done jiffy before and pasteurized the same way even though I know some use it out of the bag.

@ ambigu

My current run are all from the print imatryin gave away on the marketplace, and they’ve been throwing some very dense side pins even on the tubs I compacted pretty well. Just watch out for rot on the ones that are gonna be sitting in stagnant water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29690312 -

Thanks Skansk! I went in here to ask about verm, and there was the answer!:rockon:

I got a serious gnat(Sciaridae) problem atm, and thought i might try verm instead of soil casing. If verm doesn't work I'll probably just throw everything on the compost, I'm on flush 6 now with first box spawned in February and I'm trying to keep subs around for as long as possible just for fun. I almost have nightmares about the little fuckers:mad2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: rotvelta] * 1
    #29690406 -

rotvelta said:
Thanks Skansk! I went in here to ask about verm, and there was the answer!:rockon:

I got a serious gnat(Sciaridae) problem atm, and thought i might try verm instead of soil casing. If verm doesn't work I'll probably just throw everything on the compost, I'm on flush 6 now with first box spawned in February and I'm trying to keep subs around for as long as possible just for fun. I almost have nightmares about the little fuckers:mad2:



:raisemyglass:

If you've got gnats in the substrate already I don't think switching to verm will help much since they're already in the substrate too. I've heard that BTI is supposedly very effective but never tried it myself.

You can use those yellow stickers to catch the gnats but they won't remove the larvae and eggs in the substrate. Honestly though I've never seen any damage done by the gnats, they've just been annoying AF to swat away:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29690451 -

The yellow sticky flags have worked well for me to get through a flush and slow the spread of larvae to other tubs, but man, they’ll take over your house if you let them stick around too long.

That’s the kind of thing that’ll get your partner or roommates pissed off at your hobby real fast :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Marxcelium] * 1
    #29690501 -

Lol my gf is already pissed at me for using all her cooking gear, the bathtub, the floor and whatever I can use so it's alright that she hates me for giving her Monstera gnats, she already gave up her hopes on me :awesome:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29690612 -

I have those yellow sticky papers everywhere, inside the tub, outside and in strategic places all around the room :rolleyes:

The pissed off part is the other way around in this household:mad: My partner is heavy into cut flowers, and there are pots and garden stuff strewn everywhere. Plus side is that I have someone to blame for my problems, but does she care, I think not:muppet:

BTI is hard to get around here, last time I checked I think it was limited to certified users only. Nematodes are available, but I have no idea how it would interact with the myc. Anyone with experience with nematodes?

I have diatomaceous earth, but that does little to no help when it's wet.

Edited by rotvelta (10/08/26 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: rotvelta] * 1
    #29690762 -

rotvelta said:
I have those yellow sticky papers everywhere, inside the tub, outside and in strategic places all around the room :rolleyes:

The pissed off part is the other way around in this household:mad: My partner is heavy into cut flowers, and there are pots and garden stuff strewn everywhere. Plus side is that I have someone to blame for my problems, but does she care, I think not:muppet:

BTI is hard to get around here, last time I checked I think it was limited to certified users only. Nematodes are available, but I have no idea how it would interact with the myc. Anyone with experience with nematodes?

I have diatomaceous earth, but that does little to no help when it's wet.



I actually ordered nematodes for the first time to try them on my (fully colonized) IWL substrates. To hopefully get them completely gnat free.

BTI I always order online from a US based company. Import costs an arm and a leg but it's still worth it if you have real gnat problems. I don't think it's restricted anywhere in the EU but I could be wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Tweeq] * 1
    #29690915 -

I'm pretty sure it is approved in the EU, it is approved here in Norway as well, but it's not approved for consumer sale here because it impacts bees and if I'm not mistaken it was only approved for use during a certain few months a year on fruit plantations.

Please post your findings about the nematodes:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #29690975 -

Tweeq said:
I actually ordered nematodes for the first time to try them on my (fully colonized) IWL substrates. To hopefully get them completely gnat free.

BTI I always order online from a US based company. Import costs an arm and a leg but it's still worth it if you have real gnat problems. I don't think it's restricted anywhere in the EU but I could be wrong.



BASF, German company makes it as Nemasys M. I guess it will be easier to buy it, than import sth from USA. There is also Nemycel from another German company. And probably a lot more, as button mushroom industry is quite big in Europe.

Edited by Azule (10/08/26 04:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553 | 554 | 555

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,617 15,119 10/08/26 07:29 PM
by Scemilope
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 630,439 16,126 10/08/26 04:00 PM
by kyu
* Official Panaeolus sp. IND01 thread - an undescribed Copelandia from India
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
tree frog 4,394 161 10/09/26 03:22 AM
by Mandrake Erpelmann
* Using Beneficial Nematodes for Fungal Gnat Control CaptainLinger 2,259 8 09/19/07 07:04 AM
by ThePyschonaut52
* Nematodes: I need some help caphillkid 860 7 05/22/09 11:00 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Nematodes? Agarico 749 1 03/14/03 06:02 AM
by MAIA
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,231 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,183 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
355,708 topic views. 21 members, 103 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 15 queries.