Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | 4028 | 4029 | 4030 | 4031 |
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29683976 -

Damn, man. $500 is a lot of whiskey... :paradisiscoolwhat:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29683986 -

Pastywhyte said:
I had that one but I pitched it and got a 5mm mag lock model. Best $500 bux i ever spent. We'll not quite but I love it thats for sure.



You love ME but you aint spending 500 worth of jewelry on ME..SOBBING...

I THOUGHT WE WERE LOVERS..


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29684000 -

Belintaf said:
Damn, man. $500 is a lot of whiskey... :paradisiscoolwhat:



Worth every penny to not have the seal fail.


Cakewonder said:
Pastywhyte said:
I had that one but I pitched it and got a 5mm mag lock model. Best $500 bux i ever spent. We'll not quite but I love it thats for sure.



You love ME but you aint spending 500 worth of jewelry on ME..SOBBING...

I THOUGHT WE WERE LOVERS..



Dude I don't even spend $500 on my girlfriend, though maybe I'll get her a ring soon. But you definitely don't want to cross her, she may only be 5 feet tall but she is a feisty Latina. You don't wanna mess with a Latina :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 5
    #29684043 -

Damn. Spendy sealer, spicy latina. Pasty is livin it up out here


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29684051 -

fontinalis666 said:
Uline makes an 8" impulse sealer that's not too bad, we had one at my job for some reason that never got used so I asked to borrow it, that was 4 months ago and nobodys asking about it so I'm def just keeping it lol. I originally borrowed it to seal the bottom corners square on some fahtlocks, which it does beautifully.



I feel like for bags you definitely going to need more than 8 in. At least 12in. just to be safe for full bag coverage. 

More room helps especially so you can kind of flatten the bag out  out more and make it the pieces less thick so it's easier  when pressing in genrea. this is what I've heard anyways. 

this is just the thoughts running around in my head. Take it for a grain of salt cuz I've never actually used one on a grain bag.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29684083 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29684089 -

:smug:Pasty only loves me:)


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29684115 -

Pastywhyte said:
You don't wanna mess with a Latina :lol:



How often dodging chonclas?
They are deadly weapons!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bigworm]
    #29684118 -

So I have a Vivosun tent, 2x4, normally used for weed.

Not growing any currently, and more interested in turning it into a humid environment for fruiting trays/cakes and maybe doing timelapse.

Best recommendations on doing that? ANyone got a trust tek?

Feels weird to spend any on a martha when I have a grow tent waiting.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29684131 -

Just get lights and humidifier on a timer and dial it in.

Maybe a fan if you feel its getting stagnant


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29684136 -

I do have a dehumidifier, an older Honeywell like this



I can just put that inside and call it a day? I'll check the filter to make sure everything seems good still.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29684148 -

Nah you need a more humidity, not less. You want a cool mist ultrasonic


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29684152 -

fontinalis666 said:




right so it might be a tree frog a  said something about it but you can flatten them out so that the folds aren't actually folded anymore.

and it makes the layers not as thick so you don't have to press through as much or do as many times.

In that picture you've got the gussets at the end of the bag foldedand creased on top making that area have lot of thickness in the layers of plastic.

That part is what ive heard people say that have issues a lot of times.. with the presses that aren't as expensive.

It's a good way to minimize that.

And in which case when you do that the bag becomes a little bit longer and that's why may need the extra length
 

LOL probably I should just keep my mouth shut. No sense in giving advice

on something I haven't actually done.

Just passing on the information given to me by people I trust.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29684166 -

Sorry, I meant a humidifier. It creates humidity.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29684198 -

Someone mentioned using easy clips for they're bags and had nothing but success with them.

Just giving you another option if u can find out what those clips are lol they pretty cheap too

Remember seeing whoever it was clip them to the bags then hang on a string or something


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Edited by bloodssonnew (10/02/26 03:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29684227 -

bloodssonnew said:
Someone mentioned using easy clips for they're bags and had nothing but success with them.

Just giving you another option if u can find out what those clips are lol they pretty cheap too

Remember seeing whoever it was clip them to the bags then hang on a string or something




These work.  Not sure if you talking bout these









--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29684230 -

Where can I learn more about quantative testing of akaloids?

Besides Dr. Blei's work on "Qtest", and NIH's recent study I am only able to find information on HPLC, which is obviously out of budget for a hobbyist like myself.

Thank you all in advance,
:mushroom2::fairy:


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29684234 -

ReverendMyc's thread about potency testing with a colorimeter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28776531



Edit: ah I see Dr. Blei does the colorimeter as well the Rev's thread is a deep dive into the matter.

Edited by Baba Yaga (10/02/26 04:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #29684240 -

Sorry I should have clarified, ReverendMyc's post is what got me to Dr. Blei's work, and a more broad research task afterwards got me to the NIH study.

I am looking moreso into the tests themselves, and not the results. My line of reasoning is as follows:
1. Ordered the 25 Qtest kit after reading ReverendMyc's post
2. Planned the next 6months of testing to support my Bene Gesserit program
3. Realized the only prohibitive factor was quest cost(300 tests is not in the allotted budget)
4. Attempting to understand what a Qtest is and alternatives so that a TEK can be developed for all cultivators understand the quantitative measurements of their crop


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29684263 -

I am not aware of any alternative to the Q-test. I think there was some discussion or mentioning here where folks were looking into making their own reagent?, but since this has not come up again I'd assume it didn't take off.

Don't know how you intent to use the tests, maybe your testing regime can be optimized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | 4028 | 4029 | 4030 | 4031 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,237 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,845 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* extremely quick question -- Room4Shroom 459 3 02/07/03 01:41 AM
by Jaxx
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,538 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,157,540 topic views. 26 members, 76 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.065 seconds spending 0.039 seconds on 16 queries.