Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29682993 -

Kloakk said:
SkanskKorv said:
Wait... Now I wanna know why a jar that hasn't fully colonised since April - October isn't considered to be completely toast? My Semperviva HVC and Tres Soles finishes their colonisation within 8-20 days most of the time and if it takes too long the jar gets tossed. Or am I too tired and completely misunderstood everything?:lol:



My guess is Mojave was being optimistic and nice, I don't like that time frame at all and the grey whispy growth in the top front looks like mold to me, this right here:



That's IF this is Subtropicalis HVC and not something else I don't know about, which is possible.




Alright fair enough, I was just baffled seeing him write that since his section Zapotecorum game is brilliant and I definitely trust what he says about these:lol: the confusion was as high as I am:awesome:

But yeah the timeframe is a catastrophe, hence my reaction:uhoh: if a jar takes more than 3-4 weeks to colonise it usually doesn't finish ime.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29683042 -

SkanskKorv said:
Kloakk said:
SkanskKorv said:
Wait... Now I wanna know why a jar that hasn't fully colonised since April - October isn't considered to be completely toast? My Semperviva HVC and Tres Soles finishes their colonisation within 8-20 days most of the time and if it takes too long the jar gets tossed. Or am I too tired and completely misunderstood everything?:lol:



My guess is Mojave was being optimistic and nice, I don't like that time frame at all and the grey whispy growth in the top front looks like mold to me, this right here:



That's IF this is Subtropicalis HVC and not something else I don't know about, which is possible.




Alright fair enough, I was just baffled seeing him write that since his section Zapotecorum game is brilliant and I definitely trust what he says about these:lol: the confusion was as high as I am:awesome:

But yeah the timeframe is a catastrophe, hence my reaction:uhoh: if a jar takes more than 3-4 weeks to colonise it usually doesn't finish ime.



Kloakk is correct, I was being nice. Turning a new leaf :lol: I get it though, definitely reads as if there’s a glimmer of hope. There’s hope because they have spores of HVC, so they’ll def be able to grow it with us. This jar is cooked. You’re on point there, I expect my jars to take a few weeks tops.


--------------------
CV+

Edited by MojaveMyc (10/01/26 09:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29683053 -

bloodssonnew said:
Why's everyone's fruits be growing upside down :lol:







My latest pins did this too lol


Is this ready to print?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: space daddy]
    #29683065 -

MojaveMyc said:
SkanskKorv said:
Kloakk said:
SkanskKorv said:
Wait... Now I wanna know why a jar that hasn't fully colonised since April - October isn't considered to be completely toast? My Semperviva HVC and Tres Soles finishes their colonisation within 8-20 days most of the time and if it takes too long the jar gets tossed. Or am I too tired and completely misunderstood everything?:lol:



My guess is Mojave was being optimistic and nice, I don't like that time frame at all and the grey whispy growth in the top front looks like mold to me, this right here:



That's IF this is Subtropicalis HVC and not something else I don't know about, which is possible.




Alright fair enough, I was just baffled seeing him write that since his section Zapotecorum game is brilliant and I definitely trust what he says about these:lol: the confusion was as high as I am:awesome:

But yeah the timeframe is a catastrophe, hence my reaction:uhoh: if a jar takes more than 3-4 weeks to colonise it usually doesn't finish ime.



Kloakk is correct, I was being nice. Turning a new leaf :lol: I get it though, definitely reads as if there’s a glimmer of hope. There’s hope because they have spores of HVC, so they’ll def be able to grow it with us. This jar is cooked. You’re on point there, I expect my jars to take a few weeks tops.



Haha alright I'm way less confused now... I thought you had gone crazy :lol:

space daddy said:
bloodssonnew said:
Why's everyone's fruits be growing upside down :lol:







My latest pins did this too lol


Is this ready to print?





I can't see any spores on the stems so I'd wait but if you can see obvious spores dropping you can print but I usually wait 1-5 days after I see that they start dropping spores since they start sporulating much more if you do so.

You can also print at harvest though the prints will be a bit thinner but I've done this a few times and it works nicely too. All you need are two spores meeting so basically any spore drop is good enough but just like when it comes to Ladies I love some good thickness:naughty:

A litre drop of water on the hat/s helps releasing the spores if they're stubborn.


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (10/01/26 09:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29683073 -

Yes! Thick is good.
I will probably go ahead and try out both suggestions. Just having fun growing these.

Appreciate advice. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: space daddy] * 7
    #29683185 -

This tub is going full on beast mode. New round of pins coming in next to the giants.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura] * 1
    #29683190 -

Asura said:
This tub is going full on beast mode. New round of pins coming in next to the giants.




:homerdrool:
Mmmmmm thickness


Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29683191 -

SkanskKorv said:
Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?



I have 3 grows going, all in 6qt shoeboxes. First tub is normal sized fruits, 2nd tub are smaller fruits, 3rd is this one with the giants.

It's all over the place.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura] * 1
    #29683201 -

Asura said:
SkanskKorv said:
Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?



I have 3 grows going, all in 6qt shoeboxes. First tub is normal sized fruits, 2nd tub are smaller fruits, 3rd is this one with the giants.

It's all over the place.



That's Semp life right there... Sometimes you even get the full range in one tote lol.

Same goes with pins, some of my totes doesn't really have flushes they just continuously spit out new pins so I have to harvest them a few at a time:lol: they're funny little fellas


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (10/01/26 11:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura]
    #29683220 -

Asura said:
SkanskKorv said:
Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?



I have 3 grows going, all in 6qt shoeboxes. First tub is normal sized fruits, 2nd tub are smaller fruits, 3rd is this one with the giants.

It's all over the place.


 

I figured those were 6's, I'll prob do the same, or biggest 12qt, did you spawn a myco quart per tub.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (10/01/26 12:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29683225 -

MushLuvR77 said:
Asura said:
SkanskKorv said:
Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?



I have 3 grows going, all in 6qt shoeboxes. First tub is normal sized fruits, 2nd tub are smaller fruits, 3rd is this one with the giants.

It's all over the place.


 

I figured those were 6's, I'll prob do the same, or biggest 12qt, did you spawn a myco quart per tub.



MushLuvR77 said:
Asura said:
SkanskKorv said:
Sometimes they're chunk af. Usually I get smaller ones which are virtually the same size on the first flush then thicker ones on the second one. Bottom watering also seems to make them thicker but I can't say this as a definitive it's just what I've observed on the tubs I've tried it with.

Which size is that tote?



I have 3 grows going, all in 6qt shoeboxes. First tub is normal sized fruits, 2nd tub are smaller fruits, 3rd is this one with the giants.

It's all over the place.


 

I figured those were 6's, I'll prob do the same, or biggest 12qt, did you spawn a myco quart per tub.




I know the question is for Asura but I use 14 liter tubs so this might help with the 12qt tub. I use 1 litre spawn with half a 650g brick coir and it works very nicely. Any lower spawn ratio has given me lower yields and the substrate shrinks more from my observations.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29683239 -

MushLuvR77 said:
I figured those were 6's, I'll prob do the same, or biggest 12qt, did you spawn a myco quart per tub.



I'm doing no prep for grain. Each jar has 1 cup canary seed, 1/2 cup water - PC 90 minutes.

1 jar is added to 2 full quarts of sub at spawning. Roughly 1:4 ratio.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura] * 12
    #29684658 -

I think I'm gonna harvest these lads today



--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura]
    #29684665 -

Very nice. Did you get a wet/dry weight for your previous harvest?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29684682 -

The Tao said:
Very nice. Did you get a wet/dry weight for your previous harvest?



Thanks! This is the first tub. I'll know the weights later today. Have 2 more tubs
behind this one.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura]
    #29684712 -

Asura said:
I think I'm gonna harvest these lads today







Stellar Subtrop tub :vibin:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Asura] * 2
    #29684714 -

Asura said:
I think I'm gonna harvest these lads today





:snoopyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 3
    #29685147 -

This seems like a pretty decent haul for 2 quarts of coir and a half a cup
of canary seed. Well, there were some extra nutes in that coir.



Thanks guys for all the help on my first proper grow of viva.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 629,319 16,124 10/03/26 09:10 AM
by Guerrilla
* Official Ps papuana Cultivation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 )
wavyedge 16,146 416 09/28/26 12:39 AM
by Kloakk
* The official PF TEK cultivation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
callmehippieS 4,979 177 10/02/26 05:22 PM
by fahtster
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 588,720 15,114 10/03/26 12:21 AM
by 99.99
* Psilocybe × zinnii nom. prov. official thread.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Bigworm 1,997 102 10/03/26 10:36 PM
by CosmicCamote
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,222 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,179 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,424 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
354,320 topic views. 14 members, 63 guests and 325 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.018 seconds on 15 queries.