Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3865 | 3866 | 3867 | 3868 | 3869 | 3870 | 3871 | 3872 | 3873 | 3874 | 3875 | 3876 | 3877 | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | 3885 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29631237 -









metabolites is it?
Noticed a few more today

worried about that condensation in bag.
Have turned down heat from 24.5 to 22.5 room
and put it on a rack.

I may have made a tempreture mistake here thats going to cost me.

Please tell me this bag is ok, and theres no green contamination?
Thank you for any help. First time
grower.

Edited by Shroomy Steve (07/24/26 12:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29631259 -

I believe that recently a India woodlover was found

I believe we need a work on learning more about that and it's potentials for indoors as I think I read it liked like 70f?


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29631274 -

Hey guys so I'm probably being impatient though no new pins in last week for this caerulescens it's on second flush technically still n it should have plenty more nutes.

I know because I'm not following a certain tek it's hard to give advice though thoughts and opinions and different viewpoints are extremely welcome and will help in my learning experience.

So this is the same caerulescens that Is mostly woodchip spawn and very little grains used to grain to woodchips expansion to make the spawn.

1 micoquart of spawn and about 3 quarts of peat moss n verm (including the light top casing)

First flush was about 20 mushys of decent size I misted excessively to promote spore and cap production (that worked though same time did some damage too as spores dropped on the aerial tomentose fuzz overlay these like to throw)

So it waterlogged kinda the top casing after first flush n no new pins for few days I scraped it off using gloves and put outdoors in the dirt with very minimal outdoor success though wasn't expecting anything it might do something later lol

Second flush was 3 pins sofar and 2 started dropping spores n spores caused 3d to abort (the only abort this entire time was this one that was coated with spores.

Sorry for the rant here's a picture if you read through all of that thanks 🙏 what would you do to promote pins or attempt to rescue this tub idk any thoughts?



--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29631287 -

I already told you caerulescens are not woodlovers. The fruiting you had was from the grain, not the chips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29631295 -

Yeh. I also use old hydrated coir. I always go on the safe side and PC it for at least an hour.
But I suppose it should be enough if you just boil it. Better safe than sorry.


--------------------
When my bird was looking at my computer monitor, I thought, "that bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet, what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can... You’re that bird looking at the monitor, and you’re thinking to yourself, ‘I can figure this out.’ Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe that’s the best you can do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: brominegeek93]
    #29631357 -

@shroomy steve

While I don't necessarily see trich, it is for sure heavily bacterial. Notice how there are wet spots on certain grains against the plastic? That's a classic sign. Metabolites are also a response to fighting off bacteria.

It does look QUITE bacterial. It could potentially still fruit, but it makes it weaker and more prone to trich contamination. It looks like you used an agar for innoculating it? Or was it a spore syringe from a vendor? Spores to grains are not good practice, since syringes are virtually never going to be clean enough for that without getting lucky.

You can try once it's fully colonized, but if you open it up and it smells like souring apples, don't waste time. Maybe you can bury it outside and hope for something, but it might be a full gonner. Can you smell something even with it closed?

I would look at starting smaller scale, with grain jars or  even PF Tek to get used to cultivation. Look at the stickies here.

If you did use an agar plate, make sure to do a few transfers first to ensure it is clean. Also, using the entire plate can be a bad idea, because even if its 95% perfect, that 5% will screw you over. It's better practice to use a smaller amount from an area that you are certain looks clean rather than risking the entire plate.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29631382 -

Huskies said:
@shroomy steve

While I don't necessarily see trich, it is for sure heavily bacterial. Notice how there are wet spots on certain grains against the plastic? That's a classic sign. Metabolites are also a response to fighting off bacteria.

It does look QUITE bacterial. It could potentially still fruit, but it makes it weaker and more prone to trich contamination. It looks like you used an agar for innoculating it? Or was it a spore syringe from a vendor? Spores to grains are not good practice, since syringes are virtually never going to be clean enough for that without getting lucky.

You can try once it's fully colonized, but if you open it up and it smells like souring apples, don't waste time. Maybe you can bury it outside and hope for something, but it might be a full gonner. Can you smell something even with it closed?

I would look at starting smaller scale, with grain jars or  even PF Tek to get used to cultivation. Look at the stickies here.

If you did use an agar plate, make sure to do a few transfers first to ensure it is clean. Also, using the entire plate can be a bad idea, because even if its 95% perfect, that 5% will screw you over. It's better practice to use a smaller amount from an area that you are certain looks clean rather than risking the entire plate.



Thanks.
Ahh this suks.
I did Agar to grain and yes i transferred plates to get them as good as possible … was it maybe the heat?

room was 24-26 degrees. dammit. this really suks.
:frown:
Ive got another 2 bags but they stalled after break and shake …

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631390 -

It’s most likely the grain wasn’t sterilized sufficiently. You may need to adjust your times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631393 -

^ Yeah, that's a sign they were bacterial if they stall. One agar plate for a big bag like that is also quite a challenge I think.

Work on your agar, post pics in these threads, ask questions, and use quart jars instead. PF Tek is a nice option as well. Once you have a very nice agar plate, you can swirl that around in a jar of sterilized water, and inject them with that.

Part of the learning. I'd trust the advice here over anywhere else btw.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29631396 -

Personally I never had good results with wedges to bags or even grain to bags. They need to colonize super fast generally. I would save bags until you master both grain prep in jars and LC. LC is even harder to get right IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631398 -

Shroomy Steve said:
Thanks.
Ahh this suks.
I did Agar to grain and yes i transferred plates to get them as good as possible … was it maybe the heat?

room was 24-26 degrees. dammit. this really suks.
:frown:
Ive got another 2 bags but they stalled after break and shake …




Are you sterilizing with a proper canner like a presto?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #29631409 -

Stipe-n Cap said:
Shroomy Steve said:
Thanks.
Ahh this suks.
I did Agar to grain and yes i transferred plates to get them as good as possible … was it maybe the heat?

room was 24-26 degrees. dammit. this really suks.
:frown:
Ive got another 2 bags but they stalled after break and shake …




Are you sterilizing with a proper canner like a presto?



Nah. I just bought pre sterilized bags.

I think i only used 3/4 of a plate … damn.
going to bury em in garden bed with CVG. hail
mary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631416 -

So my faults were …
going to big
not enough agar in bags
buying pre sterilized bags - agar - that had to be delivered
possibly too hot temps
——-
quick question how do i grow without spending $250 a month on heating bills?
Think ill try smaller cheaper. learn to do the sterilisation CVG
myself

Anyway cheers for the help guys. more reading to be done.

Is there ANY chance these bags might be ok to grow? any chance? depends on smell / greenif they full consolidate yeah?

Edited by Shroomy Steve (07/24/26 09:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631441 -

How cold is your space?  They just require above 70 Fahrenheit, 20 Celcius, and then they will work. They prefer a little hotter, but that will work.

Overall, those are the lessons. A colonized agar plate does not mean it is good to go, do at least 3 transfer, and when you have uniform growth that is reliable, then you can be more confident.

Do you have a pressure cooker yet? Don't rely on pre-sterilized stuff, way to expensive and you don't know how well they actually did.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631443 -

Does anyone know what this is?




its an inch long solid metal rounded rod, with a metal ring protruding from the centre, I bought a baggie of these years ago now Im left wih one and need more of them Im building magnetic stirrers and these things are perfect, but where do I find these things?



I was at the hardware store yesterday where I get them last time and this time I couldnt find them, can someone help me indetify these things so that I can ask for them in other hardware stores please?


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29631449 -

they look like metal dowels, with a lip?

I myself have a question, I got some very nice looking LC in a glass container. I am going to test it on agar of course, but I don't have a specific lid with a hole. How likely am I to contaminate it by aspirating with a syringe, especially on a refill?

Is it better to pour smaller out into another sterilized container and then resealing the lid?

Do most people who do LCs use self healing injection ports? I DO have some but never tried using them tbh.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Edited by Huskies (07/24/26 09:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies] * 4
    #29631457 -

are those the pins that you can insert to have adjustable shelves go to different levels?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631470 -

Shroomy Steve said:
Nah. I just bought pre sterilized bags.




There's your problem. Don't run before you can walk, don't buy grain spawn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29631472 -

Huskies said:
they look like metal dowels, with a lip?

I myself have a question, I got some very nice looking LC in a glass container. I am going to test it on agar of course, but I don't have a specific lid with a hole. How likely am I to contaminate it by aspirating with a syringe, especially on a refill?

Is it better to pour smaller out into another sterilized container and then resealing the lid?

Do most people who do LCs use self healing injection ports? I DO have some but never tried using them tbh.



In my experience, syringes are the best way to work with lc. If you've got a flow hood, you can swap your lid for one with a GE port and a SHIP. Just run the lid through a PC cycle on an empty jar and with a foil cover before you swap them. Make sure to give the active jar a good sanitizing with alcohol. I don't recommend pouring from a jar, I would be deathly worried about contamination in that scenario.


--------------------
Mycology is my current hyperfixation
Uncommunicated expectations are just premeditated resentments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Shroomy Steve]
    #29631474 -

Shroomy Steve said:








metabolites is it?
Noticed a few more today

worried about that condensation in bag.
Have turned down heat from 24.5 to 22.5 room
and put it on a rack.

I may have made a tempreture mistake here thats going to cost me.

Please tell me this bag is ok, and theres no green contamination?
Thank you for any help. First time
grower.



Temperature here isnt concerning, its already bacterial and the emperature swing, although irrelevant, will produce even more condensation. leave that alone, just open it up (when its fuly colonized) and try to fruit in the bag, its as good as its going to get. yes its bacterail


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Edited by fiddle_head (07/24/26 09:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3865 | 3866 | 3867 | 3868 | 3869 | 3870 | 3871 | 3872 | 3873 | 3874 | 3875 | 3876 | 3877 | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | 3885 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,154,616 topic views. 11 members, 45 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.083 seconds spending 0.052 seconds on 18 queries.