Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3864 | 3865 | 3866 | 3867 | 3868 | 3869 | 3870 | 3871 | 3872 | 3873 | 3874 | 3875 | 3876 | 3877 | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29630615 -

Introduced a nutrient to it unintentionally

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 3
    #29630623 -

Long rhizo also can indicate enmeshed unfriendlies. Don't get too excited yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29630699 -

Cheers!


--------------------
wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29630790 -

DV8DUG said:
Long rhizo also can indicate enmeshed unfriendlies. Don't get too excited yet.



this is correct.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mistakes]
    #29630809 -

Yeah. the top is bit hard, but there is still plenty of water in the cake. there are quite a lot of mushy failed buttom pins below the cake. Maybe I should remove them and flip the cake over...


--------------------
When my bird was looking at my computer monitor, I thought, "that bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet, what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can... You’re that bird looking at the monitor, and you’re thinking to yourself, ‘I can figure this out.’ Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe that’s the best you can do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: brominegeek93]
    #29630813 -

In all I think I got around 80g dried out of a 4l cake. is that anywhere near decent?


--------------------
When my bird was looking at my computer monitor, I thought, "that bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet, what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can... You’re that bird looking at the monitor, and you’re thinking to yourself, ‘I can figure this out.’ Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe that’s the best you can do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: brominegeek93]
    #29630817 -

brominegeek93 said:
In all I think I got around 80g dried out of a 4l cake. is that anywhere near decent?



41 cakes should be 410 dry u should average 10 15 gs dry in 2 flushes  :thumbup:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tripdawg420] * 1
    #29630821 -

Hmm, on the topic of long rhizo. I had this plate. I used a sterilized tweezer to grab an arm. One of them did contam after, which is sketchy, but could've been carelessness.



In the transfer plate, it did continue to exten in that shape, but the more regular mycelium seems to be keeping pace.



Does this raise any redflags (besides the sediment which I am aware of)? I put that original plate to grain, growing a lot, perhaps too much. Just shook it earlier so I suppose I will find out.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29630940 -


what is this contamination? culture was good, spawn was extremely strong, only thing that was a bit sketchy was old coir that's been in contact with some dirty jars. sucks this is my last good jaw of spawn theyve all contaminated.

conditions are less than ideal, its a sealed off closet with fresh air being sucked in thru a vivosun ac unit, but it gets kind of hot in there. got trich, this shit, and some bacteria causing metabolites. any advice? using un modified tubs, thinking I have a FAE or airflow issue?

grow room is probably 77 degrees and slightly more humid than the rest of the space. any chance cube myc can beat this?


--------------------
REPENT

Edited by jbgtaa (07/23/26 05:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29630956 -

Huskies said:
Hmm, on the topic of long rhizo. I had this plate. I used a sterilized tweezer to grab an arm. One of them did contam after, which is sketchy, but could've been carelessness.



In the transfer plate, it did continue to exten in that shape, but the more regular mycelium seems to be keeping pace.



Does this raise any redflags (besides the sediment which I am aware of)? I put that original plate to grain, growing a lot, perhaps too much. Just shook it earlier so I suppose I will find out.



it doesnt automatically raise a "red flag"
Its just when it's sparingly or excessivbely rhizo like that theres a larger chance it is growing in response to stress stimulus. it doesnt auto = "bad"
But it's not totally uniform and clean. That's th one you can trust the most. fastest uniform leading edge at its terminal tip, center mass.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29630957 -

jbgtaa said:

what is this contamination? culture was good, spawn was extremely strong, only thing that was a bit sketchy was old coir that's been in contact with some dirty jars. sucks this is my last good jaw of spawn theyve all contaminated.

conditions are less than ideal, its a sealed off closet with fresh air being sucked in thru a vivosun ac unit, but it gets kind of hot in there. got trich, this shit, and some bacteria causing metabolites. any advice? using un modified tubs, thinking I have a FAE or airflow issue?

grow room is probably 77 degrees and slightly more humid than the rest of the space. any chance cube myc can beat this?



looks like cobweb mold or white mold, but im not a specialist. toss it :thumbup:


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: brominegeek93] * 1
    #29630958 -

brominegeek93 said:
In all I think I got around 80g dried out of a 4l cake. is that anywhere near decent?



its decent if it was worth it to you
and you got fruite, right? :wink:


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29631015 -

Hey all, I’m getting back into this after 7 years. I read the boneyard thread and I’m wondering what else is outdated info that I used to do.
Back then I made pasty plates, prints to agar, agar to oat jars, oat spawn to unmodified monos with coir.
Basically I followed Bods teks to a T and it worked well.

Is there anything new I need to know regarding using that same tek?


--------------------
Never ask someone to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29631016 -

jbgtaa said:

what is this contamination? culture was good, spawn was extremely strong, only thing that was a bit sketchy was old coir that's been in contact with some dirty jars. sucks this is my last good jaw of spawn theyve all contaminated.

conditions are less than ideal, its a sealed off closet with fresh air being sucked in thru a vivosun ac unit, but it gets kind of hot in there. got trich, this shit, and some bacteria causing metabolites. any advice? using un modified tubs, thinking I have a FAE or airflow issue?

grow room is probably 77 degrees and slightly more humid than the rest of the space. any chance cube myc can beat this?



Never use old hydrated coir. Made some last week that I had kept in a mushroom bag to use later and then 5 days later that coir had mold growing!



Ill only use freshly made coir from now on

Also its pretty hot in your room for cubes and seems like your fae is low, good recipe for mold.  Perhaps try some ez-dial tubs invented by the godly pastywhyte for some more fae not unmodified tubs


--------------------

Edited by Anomalocaris (07/23/26 07:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sparky101] * 1
    #29631031 -

Sparky101 said:
Hey all, I’m getting back into this after 7 years. I read the boneyard thread and I’m wondering what else is outdated info that I used to do.
Back then I made pasty plates, prints to agar, agar to oat jars, oat spawn to unmodified monos with coir.
Basically I followed Bods teks to a T and it worked well.

Is there anything new I need to know regarding using that same tek?




If it worked then it will work today. Personally i think I see a lot fewer people using oats but that might be subjective. I prefer my own EzDialed monos for cubes while I used a different configuration for exotics if I did them. Styles of growing do shift but honestly the biggest developments have involved species other than cubes. Pans, zaps, woodlovers, etc seem better understood in a few ways and some impressive results yielded.

:twocents:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29631063 -

Pastywhyte said:
Sparky101 said:
Hey all, I’m getting back into this after 7 years. I read the boneyard thread and I’m wondering what else is outdated info that I used to do.
Back then I made pasty plates, prints to agar, agar to oat jars, oat spawn to unmodified monos with coir.
Basically I followed Bods teks to a T and it worked well.

Is there anything new I need to know regarding using that same tek?




If it worked then it will work today. Personally i think I see a lot fewer people using oats but that might be subjective. I prefer my own EzDialed monos for cubes while I used a different configuration for exotics if I did them. Styles of growing do shift but honestly the biggest developments have involved species other than cubes. Pans, zaps, woodlovers, etc seem better understood in a few ways and some impressive results yielded.

:twocents:



What are zaps. Whats special about them in terms of effect versus cubes and pans? Also what woodlovers are popular to be grown indoor? And are they worth it compared to the amazing pans


--------------------

Edited by Anomalocaris (07/23/26 07:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29631066 -



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29631073 -

psilocybe zapatecorum


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29631077 -

woodlovers are typically cultivated outdoors because many wood-inhabiting Psilocybe species naturally thrive in wood chips and other lignin-rich substrates. indoor cultivation is possible, but generally requires more specialized techniques.

i’m not the most experienced with Zaps specifically, so others can add details, but zapotecorum and alot of other exotic psilocybes attract a lot of interest among advanced cultivators due to their specialized traits and active content, which is usually significantly higher.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29631187 -

Found some 4 inch long 21 gas and 15 ga steel syringe tips 😍 totally not overkill :rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3864 | 3865 | 3866 | 3867 | 3868 | 3869 | 3870 | 3871 | 3872 | 3873 | 3874 | 3875 | 3876 | 3877 | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quick questions RE: Practicalities of Agar pouring Heruuka 1,758 5 10/10/02 02:22 AM
by Anno
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC
* Scott's 3-n-1... quick question. Anonymous 870 6 08/25/02 06:28 AM
by SixTango

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,848 topic views. 6 members, 149 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.069 seconds spending 0.047 seconds on 16 queries.