Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 |
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All]
    #29583883 -

Nate em All said:
Hello, I have some nearly fully colonized Zap jars. What do you guys recommend for substrate?



Creek/river mud (sapropel), fallen leaves, peat moss, hp, mid grade sand works good for all those guys which came from mountain’s cloud forests, roughly -(10/30/30/10/20)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 2
    #29585545 -



Speaking of jars, how are these looking? Gonna give them a couple days regardless. They're fully colonized, but the culture looks pretty weak by cube standards. Is this acceptable vigor or should I expect it not to go well? I'm working on improving the culture on agar, but wanted to send something to grain just to get the ball rolling.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Rasmodius] * 2
    #29585573 -

Looks good from here :awedance:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29585965 -

Rasmodius said:


Speaking of jars, how are these looking? Gonna give them a couple days regardless. They're fully colonized, but the culture looks pretty weak by cube standards. Is this acceptable vigor or should I expect it not to go well? I'm working on improving the culture on agar, but wanted to send something to grain just to get the ball rolling.



Just stop compare everything to cubes 😁 it looks like colonized popcorn 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 5
    #29591059 -



Got a few more small trays of zaps. Followed Kloak's substrate (horse instead of cow manure) and poured boiling water on the mix and put it in my oven for like 45 minutes on 75 degrees. Smells like fuel pellets but should be ready to be put outside in my martha or in a dreamers soon!

Edited by Nate em All (05/31/26 05:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All] * 2
    #29591067 -

Everyone has their own way of growing. Personally, I wouldn’t send any zaps to the fruiting chamber until there are already pins on top.

Try leaving one tray closed with a lid that has a few small holes in it for a month and see how it performs.

It seems that in nature they often form fruits under a thick layer of moss, where the environment remains stable and isn’t exposed to rapid changes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29591110 -

I'll try casing it once it's fully colonized then, poking holes and just waiting until pins form. I have another fully colonized zaps jars I think so I have room to experiment

Edited by Nate em All (05/31/26 07:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All] * 2
    #29591166 -

If it would be helpful, Zapotecorum grow well with just plastic top perforated all around.

Edited by Noah Keeper (05/31/26 08:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 4
    #29599884 -

Got round to trying Zapotecorum Texolo on sunday around midnight...

Wow!

Incredible mushroom.

:ohwow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Lithop]
    #29600009 -

Them amazing and clear like crystal 😍 total reality displacement

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29600173 -

Certainly is helpful! Thanks for sharing, if you may can you post more results of your setups in general.

Really vibed with your pan setup on the other thread


--------------------
Rookie Mycologist looking to expand his knowledge and raise awareness for the medicinal nature of the natural world.

The obstacle is the path. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Myndful] * 1
    #29600230 -

It's pretty simple: a plastic tray with a custom-made plastic cover of the same shape, about 20–25 cm high, attached around the edges with clips to help retain humidity. There are small 4–5 mm holes around the bottom and in the upper corners for airflow. An additional cutout is provided for a sprayer nozzle, allowing it to be misted whenever needed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 2
    #29601570 -

Took me forever to read through this thread. I've tried to grow zaps a few times in the past. Hoping this times a charm.

Now I just gotta delete some old photos cause storage has always been an issue. Oh well, super excited to be back!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: GlitchInSpace]
    #29602193 -

I can share a secret that will bring you closer to successful growth of ZAPOs. They form primordia in different conditions than most other species.
Get a container with an airtight lid and poke 1 mm holes around the perimeter and in a couple of rows along.  Keep it closed until they start to show up — these are the conditions for primordia formation in ZAPOs. After that, you can move them to the fruiting chamber.

Edited by Noah Keeper (06/11/26 06:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29602270 -

Thanks for the tip! And now I know they don't like the heat. I'll keep these things in mind as I make my journey again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: GlitchInSpace]
    #29602293 -

Ooo ty for the tip sounds like might be able to do some heavy neglect potentially :rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: GlitchInSpace]
    #29602432 -

I haven’t checked that one, but looking at its habitat, it definitely grows in colder areas. Its natural home is cloud forests, where it’s never really hot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: GlitchInSpace] * 4
    #29602504 -

GlitchInSpace said:
Took me forever to read through this thread. I've tried to grow zaps a few times in the past. Hoping this times a charm.

Now I just gotta delete some old photos cause storage has always been an issue. Oh well, super excited to be back!



You read the whole thread!?! That's commitment. Unlimited uploads for you.
:manofapproval:
Welcome back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 1
    #29602535 -

the_chosen_one said:
GlitchInSpace said:
Took me forever to read through this thread. I've tried to grow zaps a few times in the past. Hoping this times a charm.

Now I just gotta delete some old photos cause storage has always been an issue. Oh well, super excited to be back!



You read the whole thread!?! That's commitment. Unlimited uploads for you.
:manofapproval:
Welcome back.



There's a ton of knowledge and experience on this board. Lots of different perspectives and ideas.

Thanks a ton for the unlimited uploads! It's always hard to pick and choose which to delete. I think I remember your name back in the topia days!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: GlitchInSpace] * 2
    #29602590 -

GlitchInSpace said:
Thanks for the tip! And now I know they don't like the heat. I'll keep these things in mind as I make my journey again.



They don’t appreciate warmer temps. Sometimes I get away with letting them finish around 75f, but they usually abort on me past 73f. The majority of my sect. Zap species do best in the low-mid 60’s during the winter months. I don’t bother with Zapotecorum during the summer.

On getting them to fruit, you really don’t have to do much. I use standard shoeboxes and leave my tubs on the shelf like cubes until they consolidate & knot. Typically takes 2-3 weeks if the culture is healthy and surface conditions are good, but it will happen when they’re ready. I then case them and move them over to my tent.

The key to success with this species is consistency. Whatever you’re doing when pins arrive, keep doing it. Temps and conditions should remain the same from start to finish. Switch things up and they will abort. This one doesn’t recover once it decides to die. That’s where the challenge lies, imo.


--------------------
CV+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 |

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 805 806 )
Hillbillyjohn 628,621 16,111 09/28/26 10:51 AM
by brominegeek93
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2159 2160 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,303,847 43,195 09/28/26 10:15 PM
by bloodssonnew
* Growing Psilocybe Subtropicalis/Zapotecorum/Caerulescens - MicoZ Tek
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Mico Zapotec 12,194 166 09/27/26 03:58 AM
by Mico Zapotec
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 551 552 )
nosf3r4tu 353,099 11,030 09/28/26 11:43 PM
by Marxcelium
* Official Ps papuana Cultivation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 )
wavyedge 16,113 416 09/28/26 12:39 AM
by Kloakk
* ps. Muliercula spirit_shadow 686 4 08/22/15 08:18 PM
by spirit_shadow
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,830 16 12/05/03 08:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,252 2 06/19/08 03:23 PM
by caliche

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
81,290 topic views. 8 members, 51 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.