Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | | Last >
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: el boso] * 8
    #29571774 -

Cinco palo
Gonna keep pushing
:solidnod:




--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
β€’89g fresh subspectibilis teaβ€’
β€’RapΓ©h Craftersβ€’
β€’ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banningβ€’

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Soloist] * 5
    #29572521 -

Very frustrating, got a full box of matured Tapala, healthy and good looking, but seems that there some genetic error and no one gives any spores and already too old and dying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29573891 -

I don’t know man, I’ve read that anything in section zapotecorum should be pushed hardddd.
Seems they are most potent when , well, they look my my post above you.
I’d say you got at least another week.
Let them rock homie.


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
β€’89g fresh subspectibilis teaβ€’
β€’RapΓ©h Craftersβ€’
β€’ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banningβ€’

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #29574101 -

πŸ˜ƒ I haven’t read but printed different of them, lots. Tapala is different, them like bispo gives spores somewhere on begging and, I got some spores from those on the picture but not regular way by covering with wet paper towel and not that much as usually. Each Zapotecorum is very different from other one,  appearance, speed of grow, shape… that’s my biggest love along with pan bispo❀️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 7
    #29574282 -

Looking spicy, @Soloist
:tendshroom:

@Noah, nice specemins again!

I got a few caps of Texolo printing. Spotted 1 fungus gnat grub in my tub, followed his trails, but after that I tried to gently dry all walls of the tub off etc and in the process I hit a fruit whos wet cap got torn (pic 2, top right, also visible where the paper towel dragged on another caps edge) Other than that, some have started to turn their colour which is exciting! I don't think any are aborting as any damage is discernable to me from the middle
->outward bluing of caps as maturation hits etc.
At least, I hope so...

One stipe taken for cloning from, just waitng for plates to set.








^On that angle, I can't help see a =] on the cap :lol:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Lithop] * 5
    #29574323 -

The best result with Texolo was in automated grow box with steady very slight air flow, constant dense misting 10/10 min and tray itself was with drainage on bottom


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper]
    #29574366 -

Yeah I have been reccomended dreamer tub setup even, I've no doubt as to the effectiveness of such a setup, but personally I'm not looking for automation on my tubs right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Lithop]
    #29574427 -

The rest of zapos growth with plastic on top of container easilyπŸ‘πŸ»

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Noah Keeper] * 10
    #29574469 -

Harvested a bunch while I let the others in the flush mature more.









:ohwow:


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
β€’89g fresh subspectibilis teaβ€’
β€’RapΓ©h Craftersβ€’
β€’ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banningβ€’

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Soloist] * 8
    #29583007 -

Here are some final pics, but my Texolo tub had more larvae of fungus gnats and a few visable adults & attempts to keep that under wraps (wiping the tub walls, inadvertantly smacking fruits etc) led to maybe 40% aborts.
In retrospect, some were aborting while other matured which gave me a false impression/hope they were all fine.

They did give spores, 2 clones, and a very generous dry weight that I looke forward to trying soon, so I'm happy- just miss seeing them on my desk every day.
:spoiled:

A day or so after these pics, loads more little ones were blackened, but without having gotten that way gradually or radiating from the centr.


















Still beautiful specimens IMO.
I broke the sub into pots in the garden lest it bring FG's everywhere in here, and planted with some marigolds & dahlias, high doubt that their little setup out there will stay humid enough as is- but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Zapotecorum VC/ Tlalnelhuayocan going to grain tonight and a Texolo clone will be soon.
:fungo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Lithop] * 1
    #29583107 -

I’m trying to grow zaps for the first time. I had five litre jars of colonised rye that I mixed with coir in four tubs of 7 litre each. Each tub its own jar, and the extra jar was divided over two of them. That resulted in two tubs of about 1:3 spawn to coir ratio, and two tubs of about 1:3.5. After about 5 days all tubs looked like this:



Thin wispy mycelium that reminds me an awful lot of mold, and 5 days seems quick to me, even more so with zaps. Is this indeed mold? Or is this what actual zap colonised bulk substrate looks like?

The jars were inoculated with a single Agar plate that looked very clean and beautiful and definitely not like mold at all. It was a T1 plate from a spore print. The colonised jars all looked identical. I bit different to cube grain spawn. Tomentose, a bit drier than what I’m used to with cubes, easier to break, but nothing that made me worry really. I did not use any nutes or additions to my bulk substrate, and the grain jars were 100% colonised. I also let them consolidate for about a week before spawning to bulk. The coir was not pasteurised, but hydrated with hot water in a cooler. The prepared coir was stored in the cooler for about two weeks.

If it is indeed mold, where did it most likely go wrong? I hardly ever get mold contamination in grain jars, so I if all four grain jars were actually contaminated with the same mold because of sloppy technique doesn’t sound very likely to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: ambigu] * 2
    #29583151 -

Doesn't look like mold to me :strokebeard:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: ambigu]
    #29583197 -

Weird question…can Zaps feel bendy  if they are completely dry?

I feel stupid asking, but, I’ve never had an issue dehydrating any fruits…been drying at lower temps these last few runs (ABV, Jack Frost) like 90-120f range @ Like 24 hours.
No issues.

But some of these smaller fruits, and I mean like dried 1mm thick stipes, are bending without snapping. 

My gut tells me the spiral growth pattern on the hollow stipe is playing a part…the bigger, chunkier fruits feel normal.

Anyone else experience this or I just buggin’??


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
β€’89g fresh subspectibilis teaβ€’
β€’RapΓ©h Craftersβ€’
β€’ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banningβ€’

Edited by Soloist (05/22/26 11:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Soloist]
    #29583219 -

Definitely temperature, I tried drying my Papuana fruits on 40Β° recently, after 72 hours I gave up, they wouldn't snap. 4 Hours at 60Β°C and they snap fine.

All my zapo's get the snap if I run my dehydrator at 70Β°C for 24 hours. Is it possible that drying at lower temperature means they don't snap even when cracker dry? I have no clue :lol:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29583252 -

Hello, I have some nearly fully colonized Zap jars. What do you guys recommend for substrate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All] * 1
    #29583270 -

Nate em All said:
Hello, I have some nearly fully colonized Zap jars. What do you guys recommend for substrate?



Mine is almost a blueprint of what Mico Zapotec does.

- 30% Coir
- 30% Straw
- 15% Hwfp
- 10% Cow Manure Compost
- 10% Vermiculite
-  5% Rice Hulls


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29583281 -

Thank you! Do you sterilize it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All]
    #29583295 -

Nate em All said:
Thank you! Do you sterilize it?



If I'm doing AIO and letting it colonize under sterile conditions, yes, but usually I spawn colonized grains to pasteurized substrate at 1:4, and I mean actual 1:4. So if I use 1200ml of grain spawn I mix it with 4800ml of substrate :awesomenod:

Myco quarts never made sense to me :lol:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29583296 -

Pasturizing it sounds a lot easier than sterilizing. Thank you very much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Nate em All] * 1
    #29583302 -

It's the same process really, and I feel sterilizing is easier because you don't have to think about things like monitoring temperature, make sure the substrate is getting enough air and you can't let pasteurized substrate sit long and it needs GE.

That said, it's not rocket science and if you have equipment to do it most of the work is making the substrate :rockon:


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 399 24 10/09/26 06:34 AM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2166 2167 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,310,130 43,326 10/11/26 07:14 PM
by bluescreen
* The Official Woodlovers Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 932 933 )
TheDuder 627,653 18,641 10/11/26 05:02 PM
by ClarkHarglark
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,838 16 12/05/03 10:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,318 2 06/19/08 05:23 PM
by caliche
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,475 43 11/25/14 07:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster
* Psilocybe weilii indoors Chief_ 4,240 7 01/14/12 02:09 AM
by dtowntoker
* What Psilocybe Cubensis do you guys enjoy?
( 1 2 all )
Blaxican707 10,359 39 12/28/02 01:58 AM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
82,120 topic views. 13 members, 356 guests and 215 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.