Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1571 | 1572 | 1573 | 1574 | 1575 | 1576 | 1577 | 1578 | 1579 | 1580 | 1581 | 1582 | 1583 | 1584 | 1585 | 1586 | 1587 | 1588 | 1589 | 1590 | 1591 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Phaethon] * 6
    #29558809 -





Ecuador culture I've been having a time with

I think one more transfer will do!


--------------------
- My trade list
- New here? Me too! Pop by and say hi c:

Edited by Archespore (04/26/26 11:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Archespore] * 6
    #29558957 -

Ah, to wake up to fresh potential transfers in the morning. :drinkcoffee:



--------------------
Feeling lost here? We get it. Here's the most up-to-date guide as of 2026.


I know I'm a fool, but that's why I keep trying to learn.
:peace::heart::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MethodMyst] * 6
    #29559913 -


A single drop of water from a semperviva/subtropicalis cryovial. (Off center, alas.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: pickle_jars] * 2
    #29560340 -

Finally got some germination from something.

This is a T0 plate from dried mushrooms that I had lying around. Decided to swab the gills of one and put it to agar as the spore prints I have aren’t wanting to germinate.

No idea what variety but they look albino. Bit of a mystery so it’ll be cool to see what they are.

I figure I’ll be able to transfer from this in a day or two??



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) *DELETED* [Re: DJHogan] * 3
    #29560517 -

Post deleted by Milkeesha

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------
How it should and shouldn’t look with photos

Mmmhmmm 🌚

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Milkeesha] * 1
    #29560594 -




Is this yellow-ish hue a sign of contam? It was a green dye in the agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dj_karma_magnet] * 1
    #29560602 -

Dj_karma_magnet said:



Is this yellow-ish hue a sign of contam? It was a green dye in the agar



I doubt it, most likely the mycelium is eating the dye.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29562084 -





The backlit is the same dish just maybe 36 hours ago. I forgot to turn off the USB flashlight I used and can't find its charger 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm thinking to make transfers to more plates, but I guess I'm not sure when it would be likely safe to put some on grain too? I have 25kg of milo and only an instapot volume-wise so am not particularly bothered if it doesn't go well, just as long as it's not blatantly stupid to try. I also realized I'd wrapped this poorly and one side has been unwrapped (but in a Ziploc), so not sure what might have crept in. It's glass so there's a gap.

I guess it's that I know the theoretical next steps but not sure at what point it makes sense to try.

Thanks to everyone as always 🤗🤗 this community has made this possible for me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: auroradawn]
    #29562087 -

Anyone have sucess with other brands of agar outside of the telephone brand? That is all I have used but Amazon has all kinds of options in bigger quantities that I am thinking about trying. Anything to look out for when shopping for agar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mub] * 1
    #29562089 -

Mub said:
Anyone have sucess with other brands of agar outside of the telephone brand? That is all I have used but Amazon has all kinds of options in bigger quantities that I am thinking about trying. Anything to look out for when shopping for agar?



Living Jin is all I’ve used for years now.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mub]
    #29562125 -

Mub said:
Anyone have sucess with other brands of agar outside of the telephone brand? That is all I have used but Amazon has all kinds of options in bigger quantities that I am thinking about trying. Anything to look out for when shopping for agar?



I use Kate’s natural agar from zon.

Sig photo was made with 10g agar/7g lme/2g yeast/2g active charcoal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mub] * 5
    #29562448 -

Living Jin is my 1st choice, but I have used this one for a while when I couldn't get LJ for a minute.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #29564169 -

Can anyone please help .e with some agar i just need enough for 10 trays of so but I need to clone so pe if anyone could help be great maybe message I don't mind sending a little cash but if you have some to spare I am very greatful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shroomxmush]
    #29564179 -

What are you exactly asking for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: oktopus]
    #29564474 -

oktopus said:
What are you exactly asking for?



:whathesaid:

Agar is fairly cheap, or is it not available in your area or thru the zon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mub] * 2
    #29564832 -

Mub said:
Anyone have sucess with other brands of agar outside of the telephone brand? That is all I have used but Amazon has all kinds of options in bigger quantities that I am thinking about trying. Anything to look out for when shopping for agar?



I used the cheapest shit off Amazon and it worked fine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #29564908 -




I laid 15 of these agar plates the other day. I foolishly did not wait for the agar to cool down hence the condensation. Haven’t inoculated yet however there are these white dots I believe are condensation. Also did not tape. Will these be safe to inoculate or can I expect contam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dj_karma_magnet] * 2
    #29565020 -

Dj_karma_magnet said:



I laid 15 of these agar plates the other day. I foolishly did not wait for the agar to cool down hence the condensation. Haven’t inoculated yet however there are these white dots I believe are condensation. Also did not tape. Will these be safe to inoculate or can I expect contam?



Those white satellites looks like bacteria, let them sit a week and they will probably increase in size :cryariver:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 3
    #29565543 -

CocaineBuffet said:
Mub said:
Anyone have sucess with other brands of agar outside of the telephone brand? That is all I have used but Amazon has all kinds of options in bigger quantities that I am thinking about trying. Anything to look out for when shopping for agar?



I used the cheapest shit off Amazon and it worked fine



:whathesaid: Used everything from the telephone to lab-grade. There is almost zero noticeable difference, for these purposes at least. Just get the cheap shit and save money.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie] * 1
    #29567597 -

hi guys! i'm cleaning a clone as well as some lcs on agar (i'll post these in a few days)

starting from these (3rd transfer from a clone)




i got these, i'm planning on doing transfers in 1-2 days, what do you think? a couple seem clean to me, i want to achieve 100%clean myc and make a lot of plates to use as spawn / make LC /SSLC
1
2
3
4
5
6
7

can someone draw a couple pics of where is it safe to transfer from?
any tip is appreciated, thank you!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1571 | 1572 | 1573 | 1574 | 1575 | 1576 | 1577 | 1578 | 1579 | 1580 | 1581 | 1582 | 1583 | 1584 | 1585 | 1586 | 1587 | 1588 | 1589 | 1590 | 1591 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 72 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 77 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,704 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,541 topic views. 19 members, 95 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 16 queries.