Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 439 | 440 | 441 | 442 | 443 | 444 | 445 | 446 | 447 | 448 | 449 | 450 | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | | Last >
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: 3.A.M] * 1
    #29303173 -

3.A.M said:
😂 I meant for consumption, I can’t easily access wheat or rye, May try brown rice though if millet doesn’t work as well.



Brown rice works for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29303427 -

I had never heard of misting the actual fruit. Will do that, thanks.


--------------------
The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Myco816] * 20
    #29303561 -

Jar was inoculated 26.04.25.


:waitingpatiently:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29303603 -

if I grow a tub like this I will die happy :rockon:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 13
    #29303606 -

Hello, everyone.
The mushroom relented and gave several prints, placed them in the archive.
The first wave produced 890 grams of raw weight.

The second high tide started 10 days later. The covering layer was re-filled.

Sub Coyopolan and clone HVC from Huautla de Jimenez clone have also been mothballed for the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Myco816]
    #29303609 -

Myco816 said:
I had never heard of misting the actual fruit. Will do that, thanks.



soak them!!


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 8
    #29303614 -

Kloakk said:
Jar was inoculated 26.04.25.


:waitingpatiently:



'Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
Douglas Adams

They do test one’s patience, don’t they?
Banger tub.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29303629 -

Kloakk said:
Jar was inoculated 26.04.25.


:waitingpatiently:



Looks great! When did you go to bulk?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: strawboy] * 2
    #29303810 -

Mackload said:
if I grow a tub like this I will die happy :rockon:



The Tao said:
'Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
Douglas Adams

They do test one’s patience, don’t they?
Banger tub.



They sure do, but a lot of this is on me(look below) this time.



strawboy said:
Looks great! When did you go to bulk?



First, thanks guys, really appreciate the kind words. I read about how faht had good pinset with laymix, so I did that with that tub. Can't verify just yet, but spawn 2 new tubs yesterday and laymixed both so I'm excited to see if they have as good pinsett when times come.

@Strawboy, I believe I spawned this tub 06.06.25, and as I mentioned above I'm pretty sure it's my own fault and not the culture, right after I spawned it we had almost a month of 32°C(90°F) and I don't have any way to cool the grow room. They colonized the tub within 10-12 days, but then just stalled.

Luckily nothing contaminated(had cactus soil in my casing) and as soon as it got a little lower temperature I put it in the dreamer tub, less then a week and I saw pins :awesomenod:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Edited by Kloakk (08/05/25 02:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29303884 -

That looks fantastic.  Hoping the next trays I've got going turn out half that good.


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 2
    #29303900 -

hardhead43 said:
That looks fantastic.  Hoping the next trays I've got going turn out half that good.



Thanks man :hatsoff: Several people, including Fahtster, ReverendMyc and myself have had great results with laymixing semps, so if you have spawn to spare, I suggest trying it :awesomenod:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 14
    #29304432 -

Lookin' great folks.  This Xico tray decided to put out another pretty little flush:

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: elpico] * 2
    #29304440 -

He has risen once again! Looking good elpico! How old is that  tray now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: kirkeng] * 2
    #29304444 -

Thanks, pal.  I reckon we just hit nine months.  I need to make some space for other stuff, but I have a hard time letting go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: elpico] * 5
    #29304478 -

Man I feel that, once something stays around for that long it’s become a real family member with a name and everything…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29305045 -

Kloakk said:
hardhead43 said:
That looks fantastic.  Hoping the next trays I've got going turn out half that good.



Thanks man :hatsoff: Several people, including Fahtster, ReverendMyc and myself have had great results with laymixing semps, so if you have spawn to spare, I suggest trying it :awesomenod:




So the one's I have going now (that seem to be doing well)...I kind of jumped the gun and just did them like lasagna.  Coir, spawn, coir, spawn, coir, spawn, top layer of coir.  This actually seems to have worked fine.  Cased them after they colonized most of the top layer.  These are looking good so far.  I've got more jars that are ready to spawn to bulk and coir ready to go.  Hopefully can get them s2b this evening.  I'll look at the laymixing closer and give that a shot.  The water tubs seem to work well for this.  Got a sterilite container with 1/2-1" water in bottom and 2 take out trays sitting in the water filled with substrate.  Got the handles on the sterilite flipped up and lid is resting on handles which creates small air gap.  Seems to allow enough FAE without drying things out.

For zaps, going to use same setup but stick an aquarium bubbler in the water to further increase humidity. 

Unless something goes sour though, I'm anticipating enough subtrops from this grow to take some wicked trips :smile:


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: kirkeng] * 3
    #29305053 -

kirkeng said:
Man I feel that, once something stays around for that long it’s become a real family member with a name and everything…



i had semp boxes giving 9 flushes, the last ones being very sparse.. :wink:


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 4
    #29305061 -

hardhead43 said:
So the one's I have going now (that seem to be doing well)...I kind of jumped the gun and just did them like lasagna.  Coir, spawn, coir, spawn, coir, spawn, top layer of coir.  This actually seems to have worked fine.  Cased them after they colonized most of the top layer.  These are looking good so far.  I've got more jars that are ready to spawn to bulk and coir ready to go.  Hopefully can get them s2b this evening.  I'll look at the laymixing closer and give that a shot. 

The water tubs seem to work well for this.  Got a sterilite container with 1/2-1" water in bottom and 2 take out trays sitting in the water filled with substrate.  Got the handles on the sterilite flipped up and lid is resting on handles which creates small air gap.  Seems to allow enough FAE without drying things out.

For zaps, going to use same setup but stick an aquarium bubbler in the water to further increase humidity. 

Unless something goes sour though, I'm anticipating enough subtrops from this grow to take some wicked trips :smile:



Yeah man, didn't even think of the lasagna tek, I'm sure that will work great as well, I'm shooting from the hip here, but I think the good pinset comes from the layer of spawn just beneath the top layer of coir, and if that is the case, lasagna should perform the same as laymixing :awesomenod:

Nice move with the water tub, now I want pictures of the setup your running :naughty: I'm trying to get my Zapo's going as well, but it's been to warm here and a no go, did some transfers to new plates a couple of days ago, so fingers crossed we don't get another heat wave this summer, looking forward to seeing how it works out for the both of us. And yeah, took 1,2g of these and well, it was more then enough, which means the amount of semps I have stored will last be passed down to my kids :lol:

:highfive:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29305489 -

These fully cooked?



--------------------
The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Myco816] * 3
    #29305507 -

Myco816 said:
These fully cooked?





Not yet, how long since pins? They are beautiful though :datass:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 439 | 440 | 441 | 442 | 443 | 444 | 445 | 446 | 447 | 448 | 449 | 450 | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,488 15,115 10/04/26 08:42 PM
by divineverdance
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2163 2164 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,308,831 43,278 10/07/26 04:07 PM
by Lo-Z
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,231 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,183 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,428 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn
* Psilocybe semperviva (P. hoogshagenii var. convexa) Pins!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
stonesun 14,850 77 12/26/21 01:43 PM
by Hoogshagenii
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 312 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Semperviva germination times? mycomonster 1,414 12 03/29/10 08:49 AM
by mycomonster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
355,502 topic views. 17 members, 70 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 16 queries.