Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1422 | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fahtster] * 5
    #29169642 -


Sect zap NZ02 showing some nice growth



@treefrog, bring that culture over next time and we'll check it for clamps! Whatever you do, DONT toss it. Could be gold in your hands šŸ˜‚

Edited by PhenoDreamers (03/26/25 02:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MycCycle]
    #29169644 -

NicešŸ‘šŸ¼


--------------------
Pain Fades, Memories Remain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29169651 -

WOWšŸ’Æimpressed


--------------------
Pain Fades, Memories Remain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fahtster]
    #29169655 -

Yeah, I had actually already started fresh spores before I made that post I think I did it a couple of days ago :lol:  I just wasn't sure if I should keep bothering with this culture mostly worrying about senescence.  (Which maybe I shouldn't be so worried about).

I'll take it to Supa's too.  Would be nice to to see how clean my culture work is, if there's enmeshed bacteria or competitor mold.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tree frog]
    #29169733 -

Still think there's a chance it could be mono. So could check everything out and see what's up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 2
    #29171346 -

I inoculated a dozen more plates this morning two plates each of 6 different types. Trying the Pan Cyan PR & AHB’s again. If they contaminate up the same way again, I’m gonna assume I have bad syringes.

I think I had a better work flow and a cleaner one as well this go around. I used the drop method on all of them. Looks like my remaining eight plates from the first attempt are all looking good with maybe the exception of one. I’m gonna continue to let them ride.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 5
    #29171881 -

I just thought it was interesting the way x7x+ treats food coloring compared to semps. Both cups used to be that green.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Lilgrower] * 1
    #29172762 -



So I have two very different apparent phenotypes from a NZ-02 swab.
The first to germ started around a week ahead of the other as a an extremely tiny spot of just a few strands of myc, it seems to grow a LOT faster, starts real thin and wispy looking but eventually thickens up.
The other one looks more like a typical active but is much slower.
Not sure if the faster one is even my target species but I can’t imagine what else it could be.
These plates are the same age, although the one labeled #2 is a T3 on PDYA and the other is a T2 on low nutrient MEA. The difference could possibly be explained by the nutrient content, and the fact that the slower one was from a much smaller sample of myc, but previous transfers on the same type of agar have yielded similar results.
I’m not really sure what to think of these very different morphological characteristics from the same swab. Nonetheless I’ll do at least another round of transfers, possibly with CS before I go to grain but it’s just very strange how different these two cultures are.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.



--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Edited by Digit (03/29/25 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Lilgrower] * 2
    #29173018 -

Lilgrower said:
I just thought it was interesting the way x7x+ treats food coloring compared to semps. Both cups used to be that green.





Which ones are which?

Some food coloring gets eaten in a weird way that some people think at first is contam. I only see a color change here, and only on one.

Pic tax, Psilo Cyan on my favorite agar "coloring" (activated charcoal, which is actually a nutrient too)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #29173683 -



Looking pretty good



Testing out some wheat water agar plates, mycelium devoured the MEA chunk before it decided it was going to move to the less nutritious WWA. 


--------------------

Check out my
My Trade List  :opensign:

Check out my
wanted Strain List  :opensign:



Edited by fungitobewith (03/30/25 01:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fungitobewith] * 2
    #29173795 -



Just flying along fast at 60F :awedance:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rhizoRider] * 3
    #29174029 -

I've been loving these grain to agar transfers :biggrin:



This guy kinda looks like he grew wings:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sage_bd] * 1
    #29174057 -

I dig the angle wings on that last plate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #29174336 -

nektar61 said:
Some food coloring gets eaten in a weird way that some people think at first is contam. I only see a color change here, and only on one.

Pic tax, Psilo Cyan on my favorite agar "coloring" (activated charcoal, which is actually a nutrient too)




How do you like using AC for your plates? I have some in capsules and was thinking of making some black plates on my next pour. I made 3 different colors on my first attempt and I’m leaning towards blue as the color I prefer, but was gonna try black as well. I need to make a bunch like stat!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29174466 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
nektar61 said:
Some food coloring gets eaten in a weird way that some people think at first is contam. I only see a color change here, and only on one.

Pic tax, Psilo Cyan on my favorite agar "coloring" (activated charcoal, which is actually a nutrient too)




How do you like using AC for your plates? I have some in capsules and was thinking of making some black plates on my next pour. I made 3 different colors on my first attempt and I’m leaning towards blue as the color I prefer, but was gonna try black as well. I need to make a bunch like stat!



I like it a lot. I think they grow better, and I think it makes it easier to see some contam than either food coloring or nothing added.

I didn't do it this time because I ran out and decided on the spot to get back into this after 9 month break, and was making agar plates within an hour.

Here's what I do:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27551422#27551422

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 2
    #29174490 -

nektar61 said:
Lilgrower said:
I just thought it was interesting the way x7x+ treats food coloring compared to semps. Both cups used to be that green.





Which ones are which?

Some food coloring gets eaten in a weird way that some people think at first is contam. I only see a color change here, and only on one.

Pic tax, Psilo Cyan on my favorite agar "coloring" (activated charcoal, which is actually a nutrient too)




The x7x+ ate the food coloring. The Semps did not at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Lilgrower] * 4
    #29175341 -





OK been lurking here too long already. Here are some pics of my first attempt at doing anything with agar. I inoculated (3) plates each of ISS from a trusted vendor, APE, GT, and B+. Took transfers of those plates to 1/2 pint agar jars, won't be doing that again... What a pain in the ass. Took more transfers of the spore plates to 90mm petri dishes. Finally have taken a bunch of transfers from what I'm calling my T1 plates to 60mm T2 petris'.

Before anyone asks, I bought premixed agar powder since it's my first time and it was relatively inexpensive. I also did not intend to purchase the 60mm plates, but alas my 'zon Fu was off that day and what I ended up buying was 60mm plates. The real kicker is 3 days later I attempted to buy 90mm peteis' and AGAIN ordered the 60mm, so now I have 500 60mm petri dishes, hrmm.

Code:



--------------------
-Happy Growing-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Pillowtop]
    #29175600 -

Pillowtop said:




OK been lurking here too long already. Here are some pics of my first attempt at doing anything with agar. I inoculated (3) plates each of ISS from a trusted vendor, APE, GT, and B+. Took transfers of those plates to 1/2 pint agar jars, won't be doing that again... What a pain in the ass. Took more transfers of the spore plates to 90mm petri dishes. Finally have taken a bunch of transfers from what I'm calling my T1 plates to 60mm T2 petris'.

Before anyone asks, I bought premixed agar powder since it's my first time and it was relatively inexpensive. I also did not intend to purchase the 60mm plates, but alas my 'zon Fu was off that day and what I ended up buying was 60mm plates. The real kicker is 3 days later I attempted to buy 90mm peteis' and AGAIN ordered the 60mm, so now I have 500 60mm petri dishes, hrmm.

Code:





Looks good amigo, well done.
60mm plates are fine imho especially if you intend to transfer quickly.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit]
    #29175605 -



Looks like a hyphal knot, right?
Should I take a sample to transfer from there? It’s not the thickest part of the culture but if it’s knotting that’s a sign of good fruiting ability, correct?
It’s been over a decade since I did much with agar and my knowledge is getting rusty.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit]
    #29175612 -

^ I think that is a safe bet, but take a sample from a stronger looking region and also compare how they both grow on new plates.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1422 | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 71 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 76 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,392 topic views. 17 members, 242 guests and 328 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 16 queries.