Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2615 | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | 2633 | 2634 | 2635 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #29156690 -

Bug Bubble

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: the_chosen_one]
    #29156707 -

What's that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BonsaidMycelium] * 3
    #29156712 -

Parasitic wasp eggs.


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #29156734 -

So what are the negative effects of having too much top layer.

First time messing with a monotub and I had like 2 inches to the top and after I had mixed the grains and substrate and they sat for a couple days I for some silly reason added the 2 inches to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29156741 -

did u just wing it what possessed u to put a 2 inch top layer on it

2 inches is quite the top layer lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LadysKnight] * 3
    #29156743 -

LadysKnight said:






--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 2
    #29156746 -

Ime, it can cause the tub to stall by limiting oxygen and possibly drying out the coir surface before the mycelium can reach it.

And Piggy, that's nasty.


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LadysKnight] * 3
    #29156748 -

You started it.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #29156770 -

Can a tub that's already started fruiting, lots of pins and the bigger ones at an inch or so, be put in the fridge for a week to slow things down?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LadysKnight] * 2
    #29156773 -

catnip40 said:
did u just wing it what possessed u to put a 2 inch top layer on it

2 inches is quite the top layer lol



Yeah for sure. Like I hit the stupid button  I had the right amount for a 1:1 and a couple days later I over evaluated for some silly reason and thought the soil needed to be flush with the top of the bottom tub and added the couple inches.

At least after made the post my sane brain came back and I scrapped it all off then added the proper 1/8th.

But not my brightest moment by far.


LadysKnight said:
Ime, it can cause the tub to stall by limiting oxygen and possibly drying out the coir surface before the mycelium can reach it.





Ok. That explains what made me re-evaluate what I had done.

I had sent some B+ and GT to bulk last Thursday while my TW and APES were finishing colonization. Then I made the dumb mistake a couple days later of adding the extra 2 inches.

Couldn’t see anything happen and it’s nearly a week later.

Yet on Monday my TW and APEs were done and I sent them off. Today the APES already got fluffy stuff on top and I went back to fix the B+ and GT before I posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilygoose]
    #29156774 -

Most fridges will probably kill any fruits :shrug:, but the sub would probably fruit again afterward.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilygoose] * 4
    #29156816 -

psilygoose said:
Can a tub that's already started fruiting, lots of pins and the bigger ones at an inch or so, be put in the fridge for a week to slow things down?



When you send a tub, you send a tub.  It will be done when it’s ready, never when you are.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy] * 1
    #29156835 -

Mr Piggy said:
psilygoose said:
Can a tub that's already started fruiting, lots of pins and the bigger ones at an inch or so, be put in the fridge for a week to slow things down?



When you send a tub, you send a tub.  It will be done when it’s ready, never when you are.




The most truthful statement that always gives me anxiety to grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #29156847 -

Yeah I figured, thanks all. I'll just let em fruit and hope for the best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilygoose] * 4
    #29156904 -

Second flush off these ochras, I was out on vacation so I came back I think a little late to them like this, a little wet and grey but no bad smell. I am harvesting right now and will dehydrate, but I wanted to check in with yall and see if there was anything I should be concerned about with the wetness and off greyish blue color.


--------------------
I just wanna live on a boat man
noleboarder throws himself at a wall

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilygoose] * 1
    #29156964 -

psilygoose said:
Can a tub that's already started fruiting, lots of pins and the bigger ones at an inch or so, be put in the fridge for a week to slow things down?



Mr Piggy's response is correct. If you're going out of town I'd do one of two things:

--Harvest every shroom except tiny ones, dry them, and when you come back you'll probably have big ones (that have dropped spores and everything's black)
or

Put it somewhere cool, basement, garage, if you live somewhere cool, where it's going to be 40-60 F, (not below zero for sure) and it may slow growth enough to be ready when you're back.

May also surprise you, drop spores, and also if it's somewhere animals can get in, they may chew on it.

Beware of tripping mice and squirrels!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: nektar61] * 2
    #29156969 -

I accidentally got all the squirrels on my block high by burning a bunch of leftover cannabis from the yearly harvest.  Poor things, I didn't realize what was happening to them until it was too late.  Stoned for days, better bet I left out food and water for them.  My bad guys, get stuffed and sleep it off.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq]
    #29157070 -

psilofreq said:
OLDDAD77 said:
Plug all of them except one on each side. Give it a really good mist and then don’t open it up for a day.  See how it reacts. If it’s still drying out then plug all of them. You might just need a loose lid. It really depends on the environment outside of the tub.

Yeah all the misting causes them to do weird things. But it doesn’t look terrible. Not bad at all to be honest!



Sounds great, I'll do that!  Conditions here are super dry so makes sense to reduce air flow to help the tub/sub humidity bounce back.



Misted and plugged all but 4 holes and came back yesterday evening to find it dried out again.  Misted again and closed all the holes overnight and found some fuzzy fruits in the morning, sub dried out again.  Now I'm really confused :confused:

I misted again, opened two holes and added some water down the side of the tub.  Mostly feeling like I need to LITFA and let it ride but presumably there is an optimal way to handle the current state of the tub, I just don't know what it is.

Pic from this afternoon, before misting and side watering.



--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: psilofreq]
    #29157075 -

To be clear, I'm fairly sure I'm just overthinking and trying to optimize something when this just is what it is, but such is my nature.  All lessons to learn for next time I suppose.


--------------------
DON'T PANIC!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: nektar61]
    #29157086 -

Great advice, thanks.

Honestly it would be fine except I wanted to do some nice spore prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2615 | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | 2633 | 2634 | 2635 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,838 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,153,436 topic views. 19 members, 119 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.059 seconds spending 0.042 seconds on 16 queries.