Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2028 | 2029 | 2030 | 2031 | 2032 | 2033 | 2034 | 2035 | 2036 | 2037 | 2038 | 2039 | 2040 | 2041 | 2042 | 2043 | 2044 | 2045 | 2046 | 2047 | 2048 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28913911 -

fiddle_head said:
The best answer is an airtight jar with a silica gel packet and o2 absorbers.
For people growing significant weight I would recommend the same thing with a gallon ziploc and double vacuum seal.
Verum subsequentis has an awesome thread on dry storage.



Will seek that topic thanks for the answer. I found this airtight jar with these blacklight mushrooms printed on outside with a silicone gasket and I just need to order the packets now. I was wondering if the packets were necessary after dehydrating but that answers that. Gotta find a good deal on those somewhere.

Found the topic;

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26217242/fpart/1/vc/1

Thank you!


--------------------
Endlessly endorsing empathy empirically energizing existence™

~Always practice radical kindness~
R.I.P. Betty Boop, greatest mother to ever do it.

Edited by QuantumZ00 (08/16/24 06:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 2
    #28913917 -

dry mushrooms are like sponges for the rh when not stored properly. what can result is mold and lack of potency.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #28913974 -

In a pinch, bentonite can be used in place of silica packs. Unscented kitty litter is 100% bentonite.

You want to make sure to bake the bentonite first so it is nice and dry.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28913982 -

or if you want to be anal-retentive: Molecular sieve


--------------------
“All this buttoning and unbuttoning”

Edited by 999999999 (08/16/24 08:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 999999999]
    #28914179 -

Hey I'm worried about a jar of golden halos I got on Day 4 of the "7 day consolidation period" after 100% colonization

Close up






I forgot the question is this contam I should worry about/ isolate?


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (08/17/24 04:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28914197 -

Nothing you can do now but watch it and see what happens.  If you start seeing colors showing up before any pins, toss it.  Otherwise hang on to it until something notable goes wrong.  If there is something bad in there, it won't instantly start taking over healthy cakes so you'll have time to figure out what to do.  Even if it's bad, it's just showing whats already naturally present in the air so it's not like that would be the tipping factor in them contaminating unless it was just dumping spores all over them for an extended period.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 6
    #28914252 -

fiddle_head said:
QQ
would anyone find a comprehensive visual guide for aseptic technique inside the sab useful? Like a pictorial and gif/video series breaking down all the basic techniques and more: I see so many people ask questions like how do I do this or that and how do I set this up. I want those questions to go away.



I think something like that could be useful. Lots of times those kinds of materials tend to focus on flowhood use instead of an SAB. An SAB focused one would be nice IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #28914256 -

Agreed. I think by percentage most of us are box monkeys


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #28914269 -

Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #28914277 -

Not exactly "comprehensive" but covers the pertinent details.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: zmicroinquisitor]
    #28914298 -

zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



I don't think you'll be able to get it back to the powder form it was, but for brewing and stuff I know people just chip off hunks. You should be going by weight anyway so as long as it still dissolves you should be fine


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: spacebear]
    #28914317 -

What's the proper procedure if you want to not use all of a liquid culture syringe at once? Any good sanitary way to store it for use again later?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: spacebear] * 1
    #28914361 -

spacebear said:
zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



I don't think you'll be able to get it back to the powder form it was, but for brewing and stuff I know people just chip off hunks. You should be going by weight anyway so as long as it still dissolves you should be fine



I was taught when I was learning to homebrew many many moons ago to never use extract that had absorbed moisture and solidified - it was always huck and get fresh if it got to that point.


--------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Carnonos]
    #28914375 -

Carnonos said:
spacebear said:
zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



I don't think you'll be able to get it back to the powder form it was, but for brewing and stuff I know people just chip off hunks. You should be going by weight anyway so as long as it still dissolves you should be fine



I was taught when I was learning to homebrew many many moons ago to never use extract that had absorbed moisture and solidified - it was always huck and get fresh if it got to that point.



Well, I don't actually know how great at brewing the people I got that advice from are, so I will definitely defer to you on that!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28914389 -

Stipe-n Cap said:
Not exactly "comprehensive" but covers the pertinent details.





I would call that pretty comprehensive or comprehensive enough. Yes you could add to it, but past a certain point you are just holding someone’s hand. My tendency is to think it falls in line with a person who is of at least average or above average intelligence.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: zmicroinquisitor] * 2
    #28914396 -

zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



The truth is you should chuck it. Crystallization and reduced solubility make it harder to work with, but prolonged exposure to moisture increases the risk of microbial activity. While this is essentially moot at this stage, for a few bucks I’ll get a new bag and start my ledger out of the red.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #28914504 -

Pastywhyte said:
fiddle_head said:
QQ
would anyone find a comprehensive visual guide for aseptic technique inside the sab useful? Like a pictorial and gif/video series breaking down all the basic techniques and more: I see so many people ask questions like how do I do this or that and how do I set this up. I want those questions to go away.



I think something like that could be useful. Lots of times those kinds of materials tend to focus on flowhood use instead of an SAB. An SAB focused one would be nice IMO.



:whathesaid:


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: zmicroinquisitor] * 3
    #28914507 -

zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



A cheese grater is your friend in this situation...


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 4
    #28914551 -

Nichrome said:
zmicroinquisitor said:
Kept My lme in the bag I purchased turned to a solid brick.

How should/can I get it back to powder, would this effect viability of it?



A cheese grater is your friend in this situation...



This might turn out to be the best advice I’ve gotten in over a year. I’ve been breaking mine up with a hammer and it’s everywhere. As soon as the dust settles it melts from ambient moisture and then cements itself to every surface. You could probably build a house out of the stuff.

Damn man. Thank you.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28914668 -

PBJ710 said:
Nothing you can do now but watch it and see what happens.  If you start seeing colors showing up before any pins, toss it.  Otherwise hang on to it until something notable goes wrong.  If there is something bad in there, it won't instantly start taking over healthy cakes so you'll have time to figure out what to do.  Even if it's bad, it's just showing whats already naturally present in the air so it's not like that would be the tipping factor in them contaminating unless it was just dumping spores all over them for an extended period.



Tvym PB :hug: and ugh sure hope it isn't too terrible


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2028 | 2029 | 2030 | 2031 | 2032 | 2033 | 2034 | 2035 | 2036 | 2037 | 2038 | 2039 | 2040 | 2041 | 2042 | 2043 | 2044 | 2045 | 2046 | 2047 | 2048 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,846 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,538 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,805 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,157,822 topic views. 6 members, 28 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.063 seconds spending 0.042 seconds on 18 queries.