Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Breadly710] * 1
    #28733225 -

I can recognize certain contams confidently but I am better at finding healthy cube mycelium.

If you want to give the JMF syringe another shot I would still recommend the 2 drops with no loop and see how it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #28733241 -

I
CocaineBuffet said:
I can recognize certain contams confidently but I am better at finding healthy cube mycelium.

If you want to give the JMF syringe another shot I would still recommend the 2 drops with no loop and see how it goes.



I will do that. I got other plates from that syringe that turned out good. This one was different, also did this plate a few weeks after the first set, so maybe it contamed when I stored it. I will try a few drops just to test the last little bit for my curiosity.
Thanks for the help.

Edited by Breadly710 (04/10/24 08:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Breadly710]
    #28733252 -

Contam would not be a result of storage. If you have better looking plates it was probably the agar or the incoulation on that specific plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Breadly710]
    #28733253 -



Here is a healthy transfer I have. T3 of natal. Going to transfer this one to big plates once it grows out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #28733291 -

CocaineBuffet said:
Contam would not be a result of storage. If you have better looking plates it was probably the agar or the incoulation on that specific plate.



I agree.  Contamination would not be a result of storage itself but there is a chance that in the process of storing the syringe became contaminated.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: hamloaf]
    #28733688 -

I'm looking for pictures of heathy growth on water agar. Just need to see what I'm looking for. 👍


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄽🄴🅂🄲🄾
      If you already know everything,
          you can't learn anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: morningWood]
    #28733705 -

morningWood said:
I'm looking for pictures of heathy growth on water agar. Just need to see what I'm looking for. 👍



Its hard to get pics of it because its virtually invisible without a flashlight behind it.

I erased all my pics but you could look at the water agar thread


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28733715 -

Will do. The stuff is very faint.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄽🄴🅂🄲🄾
      If you already know everything,
          you can't learn anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: morningWood] * 1
    #28733723 -

Cube mycelium, transfer 3 from spores. Is this anything you'd send to grain or rather do another transfer of the rizo growth?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shroomadillo]
    #28734399 -

Getting close to something that I would use but I think letting them grow out more will give you an increase and good transfer sites and areas that you could use for inoculation.

Bottom left plate looks very promising

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shroomadillo]
    #28734406 -

Shroomadillo said:
Cube mycelium, transfer 3 from spores. Is this anything you'd send to grain or rather do another transfer of the rizo growth?





Should have clean myc good to go to grain by the 3rd transfer. Something else seems to be going on there. Looks kind of odd.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28736372 -



T1 transfer from MS agar plate TAT. I got this clear growth right along with the mycelium . After watching and waiting it DOES turn into mycelium. Anything to worry about? MS plates are clean and everything else looks good. I read a while back that this is normal and could be my agar ratio mix. But others i read said that they had the same thing and turned into mold. All plates have this clear growth surrounding the transfers very edge.Its spiky and clear What do ya'll think ?

Edited by Unholyshite (04/13/24 02:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Unholyshite]
    #28736382 -

Time will tell but I wouldn’t be overly concerned.


--------------------
Thanks to everyone for sharing what they know :smile:. 165F for 24hrs.

Better Holes Tek (Use a Step Drill Bit)
Don't forget your towel: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE SHROOMERY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: xVadisx]
    #28736707 -

I got a couple Melmack  plates that the mycelium ate through the agar and started colonizing the bottom of the agar! Sweet!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Unholyshite] * 1
    #28736713 -

Unholyshite said:


T1 transfer from MS agar plate TAT. I got this clear growth right along with the mycelium . After watching and waiting it DOES turn into mycelium. Anything to worry about? MS plates are clean and everything else looks good. I read a while back that this is normal and could be my agar ratio mix. But others i read said that they had the same thing and turned into mold. All plates have this clear growth surrounding the transfers very edge.Its spiky and clear What do ya'll think ?



I should have mentioned that as you narrow down your growth you can use a single plate for about 3 or 4 transfers comfortably and reduce transfer counts as you transfer further

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #28737067 -

CocaineBuffet said:
Unholyshite said:


T1 transfer from MS agar plate TAT. I got this clear growth right along with the mycelium . After watching and waiting it DOES turn into mycelium. Anything to worry about? MS plates are clean and everything else looks good. I read a while back that this is normal and could be my agar ratio mix. But others i read said that they had the same thing and turned into mold. All plates have this clear growth surrounding the transfers very edge.Its spiky and clear What do ya'll think ?



I should have mentioned that as you narrow down your growth you can use a single plate for about 3 or 4 transfers comfortably and reduce transfer counts as you transfer further



I’ve just started doing this and it can save plates. I will say I still like one culture one plate, but you’ll find a balance. I know no balance and just have a bazillion plates. I try to use some glass to reduce waste.


--------------------
Thanks to everyone for sharing what they know :smile:. 165F for 24hrs.

Better Holes Tek (Use a Step Drill Bit)
Don't forget your towel: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE SHROOMERY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: xVadisx]
    #28738070 -

APE T1 from LC germ plate. Is this typical APE growth or should I be looking for more transfers? Also is that ring suspicious?



--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿
Hitchhikers Guide To Shroomery



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Explosive]
    #28740048 -

These are my P. Nat transfers from 2 x different spore plates, all first transfers, ignore that I've labeled them T1 to T4 that was me labeling the samples I've transferred from each plate.

Other than bottom right, which I've labeled P2 - T1 which has an bacterial infection and the agar stuck to the lid of the bottom left P2 - T3, can we see anything else suspect? Should I just toss the bacterial infected plate, or take a sample furthest from bacteria?

(Some of the shit is dust on the lids sorry about that, but I think you can tell that in the photos hopefully.)

Anything on any of these plates look particularly good? I was going to take samples from the mycelium that's the fastest growing and doesnt seem to be overlaying like some areas.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dkeppel]
    #28740122 -

I would just let plates 1-4 grow out and leave the last 2 in your library in case they grow out with something you want to transfer once they fill out.

I would say it is too early for me personally to transfer from any of them given you have 4 plate candidates

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 1
    #28740323 -

Testing out my new flow hood with a few BRF puck to agar transfers.



:shrug:
I hope everything ends up clean.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,231 topic views. 14 members, 57 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 16 queries.