Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | 1023 | 1024 | 1025 | 1026 | 1027 | 1028 | 1029 | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | 1035 | 1036 | 1037 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Throwaway] * 1
    #28259775 -

Throwaway said:


Thanks for your response!

This is them now - about 60 hours later. I honestly don't know how to select specific parts from this... haven't had spores to agar be this vigorous before. I guess I'll wait a few more days but so far everything looks almost identical.

Hunting for big sclerotia so maybe grab darker/browner pieces that show up?



I have had plates make stones and other plates make pins. Be on the look out for a radius of symmetrical growth. When going from spore plates I do a few plates at a time from different parts.

But like I said, give it a few days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #28259989 -

CocaineBuffet said:
But like I said, give it a few days.



Will report back at the end of the week :salute:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Containers for shipping agar slices. [Re: Throwaway]
    #28260012 -

What containers do you use?  I had someone gift me enigma in a mini centrifuge tube, but those won't go in a flat US single-stamp envelope.  I've got small padded envelopes that ship with a single stamp.  I just ordered 50 coin capsules.  I hope they work out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Containers for shipping agar slices. [Re: o0O0o] * 2
    #28260038 -

I do no-pour glass petris in microwavable clingwrap :smile:

- Pour and let them set
- Wrap with a square piece of microwavable clingwrap
- Stack in PC with a small piece tinfoil in between them
- PC for 20-30 min @ 15 PSI (don't go above 15 PSI or the clingwrap gets destroyed instead of pulling tight)
- Let the PC and agar cool down completely before opening or they'll suck in dirty air while cooling down


Edited by Throwaway (04/03/23 05:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Containers for shipping agar slices. [Re: o0O0o] * 1
    #28261202 -

o0O0o said:
What containers do you use?  I had someone gift me enigma in a mini centrifuge tube, but those won't go in a flat US single-stamp envelope.  I've got small padded envelopes that ship with a single stamp.  I just ordered 50 coin capsules.  I hope they work out.



Like what kind of containers we use to make plates?

First off petri dishes that come pre-sterilized or glass petri dishes so they can be reused.

Condiment cups, PP5 containers, small glass containers, jewelry/bead PP5 containers...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Containers for shipping agar slices. [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #28261209 -

For mailing in envelopes use eppendorfs


--------------------
Everything in life is a trade-off.

All posts made by this account are purely satirical in nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Eugene Gesuale]
    #28261297 -

  Found this on the top shelf:biggrin: sure does make me feel better about my new plates....they have kinda been sucking- 20/30/1000ML -MEA  The growth doesn’t want to spread out. Could this be from my mix being on too stiff? Or maybe less LME?  This is my second large batch that has done this- I am preparing 3000ml at a time,on the stove, and dividing it between 3 media jars-then pc (10min vent-30min @18+Psi)  I have been finding that larger transfers have been acting better on these last batches of pours, but I never had a problem with transfer size before- I do see that they are starting to grab onto the agar as of today but it seems off to me. I have some from 3weeks ago that look very simalar-with the myc not spreading out...am I being impatient or messing up? If I can get them right I’ll do some giveaways...just gotta get it right first:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rnb1987] * 1
    #28261306 -

That is a lot of LME. They're pigging out and not reaching for food. Try 15g per liter?


--------------------


πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό  πŸ„² πŸ…„ πŸ… πŸ„Έ πŸ„Ύ πŸ…„ πŸ…‚

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rnb1987]
    #28261352 -

dowodenum said:
That is a lot of LME. They're pigging out and not reaching for food. Try 15g per liter?



I went 15g lme 15g agar agar 750ml, after 8 days (3/26) i gotta squint really hard to see the slightest mycelium growth from any of my spore syringes, which I read takes couple weeks if not more. :shrug:

The gourmet cultures that I started with LC black poplar spreading pretty fast.



King blue oyster seemed to have stalled a bit.



(Ignore my t1 sharpie marks, learned afterwards these would be my T0)

10g/10g 750ml, possibly give me faster growth (reaching) next pour?


--------------------
Extinction is forever




Edited by Dirtnapz (04/03/23 11:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dirtnapz] * 2
    #28261387 -

Dirtnapz said:
10g/10g 750ml, possibly give me faster growth (reaching) next pour?



10/10/500 is the most basic recipe. Meaning 15/15/750 is the same. I personally like going a tad lower in nutes (think 7-8/10/500) for faster spread, but I wouldn't drop the agar unless it's extremely hard with the 15grams at 750ml

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Throwaway]
    #28261391 -

Throwaway said:
Dirtnapz said:
10g/10g 750ml, possibly give me faster growth (reaching) next pour?



10/10/500 is the most basic recipe. Meaning 15/15/750 is the same. I personally like going a tad lower in nutes (think 7-8/10/500) for faster spread, but I wouldn't drop the agar unless it's extremely hard with the 15grams at 750ml



Thank you, really appreciate it. I haven’t cut into the agar yet so I’m not sure, hopefully soon


--------------------
Extinction is forever




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dirtnapz]
    #28261418 -

Dirtnapz said:
Thank you, really appreciate it. I haven’t cut into the agar yet so I’m not sure, hopefully soon



All good. I honestly don't think 15/15/750 should produce slow growth. Are you maybe storing your (inoculated) agar in a colder place?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Throwaway]
    #28261669 -

quote]Throwaway said:
Dirtnapz said:
Thank you, really appreciate it. I haven’t cut into the agar yet so I’m not sure, hopefully soon



All good. I honestly don't think 15/15/750 should produce slow growth. Are you maybe storing your (inoculated) agar in a colder place?



I store them in the closet, temps 68-76f, 12/12 hr 5k light. Pf tek jars I started 3/31 already showing faster growth then the spores dumped on agar.

Edited by Dirtnapz (04/04/23 09:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28262053 -

Anyone have a strong opinion on the top plate - is this enmeshed mould growing just off the centre (on the transfer wedge?)

And the bottom plate was used a few weeks ago for transfers to jars. Is it looking healthy to transfer to more dishes?

Thanks!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dowodenum]
    #28262236 -

dowodenum said:
That is a lot of LME. They're pigging out and not reaching for food. Try 15g per liter?



Thank you for the reply. That’s what I was thinking. Seems like I wrote down a recipe I saw on one of fastfreds posts....but it seemed like I was using more LME than previously.....so sounds like around 2%nutes will be better. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rnb1987]
    #28262238 -

Yeah, you really don't want to go past 2%. Lots of people do even less than 2%


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28262624 -

Pan cambo grain on 1% LME agar. My pan plates almost always grow super thick and eventually stall out. Never make it to the edge of the plate. Any idea whats going on? Enmeshed bacteria? Never any other signs of contamination.



Two T1 transfers



--------------------



Edited by AspectOfTheCreator (04/04/23 08:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28263484 -

I think it's cool this plate made a plus sign.

This is the second transfer, what are the goals of transferring besides cleaning? Is there a point to doing multiple more generations or will that just reduce diversity?




--------------------
Expanding my mind until I can join the collective

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: herbstation] * 2
    #28263493 -

No point besides cleaning, yes it will reduce diversity. Only thing we can reliably determine on agar is colonization speed. Don't worry about rhizo vs tomentose, just transfer the fastest growing leading edge. You'll end up with rhizo most times anyway as that type of growth tends to be fastest.

Fruiting traits can only be determined through fruiting


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 3
    #28263572 -

https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-14/071763009-20230404_173438.jpg

https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-14/071762925-received_1188925448480391.jpg

https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-14/071762826-received_961870231490628.jpg

https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-14/071762733-received_583565153744736.jpg

https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-14/071762641-received_226865293252155.jpg

New here and wanted to say thank you for all the great information everyone posts.  This is such a great resource and community.  Not sure if I added these pictures the right way.  Anyways these are some plates I got from a friend locally.  Will be transferring some to new agar and using the rest to inoculate some grain and LC.

Edited by JTALL (04/05/23 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | 1023 | 1024 | 1025 | 1026 | 1027 | 1028 | 1029 | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | 1035 | 1036 | 1037 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,973 topic views. 11 members, 68 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 18 queries.