Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Adas] * 1
    #28217543 -

Adas said:
Mycovester said:
Mycovester said:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d657a4365f3e842042871ba119b7ed40/7f5679f3135e7655-c9/s2048x3072/cae3113cd06e4044f1b1a408c9170835afceae16.jpg

Beautiful contamination.

I wish I could say I planned this. I wish I knew how I managed it!

Mesmerising





I can post pics! Woopeeee

This is the plate I was trying to share.

I have no idea how I managed it.



That is gorgeous actually. It doesnt even look like mold. I hope you kept it.



I didn't even think about keeping it!

If I'd kept it sealed in cold storage would it regrow similar?

It was stuning to watch grow.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28217548 -

I'd get it sequenced at least if you still have the sample :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 3
    #28217635 -

Mycovester said:
Adas said:
Mycovester said:
Mycovester said:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d657a4365f3e842042871ba119b7ed40/7f5679f3135e7655-c9/s2048x3072/cae3113cd06e4044f1b1a408c9170835afceae16.jpg

Beautiful contamination.

I wish I could say I planned this. I wish I knew how I managed it!

Mesmerising






I can post pics! Woopeeee

This is the plate I was trying to share.

I have no idea how I managed it.



That is gorgeous actually. It doesnt even look like mold. I hope you kept it.



I didn't even think about keeping it!

If I'd kept it sealed in cold storage would it regrow similar?

It was stuning to watch grow.



Dude, It's spiral! WTF?! :shocked:


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc] * 3
    #28218056 -

My plate pin is pinning....
Bonus agar blob

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy] * 2
    #28218121 -

My first agar shroom going to grain tomorrow.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Milonaire Mycology] * 2
    #28218261 -

Big Mak transfers and APE swab going to plates. Thank you Crack and cooleko!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: JW123]
    #28218281 -

JW123 said:
Big Mak transfers and APE swab going to plates. Thank you Crack and cooleko!





these are cool little jars, link?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28218282 -

from LC to a
Seeker604 said:
Enigma T1s this evening; took six T2s:




LC > Agar > T1 > T2 ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #28218342 -



Current candidates t2s and t3s almost ready to send to bulk. expanded ape revert pin clone, mazatapec clone, lizard king & pf classic. 28 xfers with 0% contam rate so far.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tholos]
    #28218361 -

Quote:
tholos said:[/b
these are cool little jars, link?



This is the thread they are discussed in.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26374264#26374264
I think I have the amersumer ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28218451 -

I hope this isn' classed as spam posting this many pictures.. But I'm hoping for some opinions / suggestions on these plates. They're all quite old, especially the massive plate pin which is the only z-strain, rest are GT MSS.

I'm looking to use one or two of these to LI jars of millet as I'm kind of against time, and one to make an LC with for later. Any thoughts on which one(s) would be best?

They're all tomentose interestingly (bar the z-strain), which if anyone knows why / how that can happen from one MSS I'd love to know - & I'm confident most of the discolouration is actually bruising maybe bar a couple.

Any suggestions or advice at all is hugely appreciated & any more details required in order to assist properly I'm happy to provide.

Lots of love.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw] * 1
    #28218455 -

I'd clone the pins to new plates and maybe take a couple agar samples from the same plate. The rest of the plates are scary overgrown messes. You should take transfers early, before the plate is a jumbled mess.


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc] * 1
    #28218461 -



I can post pics! Woopeeee

This is the plate I was trying to share.

I have no idea how I managed it.



That is gorgeous actually. It doesnt even look like mold. I hope you kept it.



I didn't even think about keeping it!

If I'd kept it sealed in cold storage would it regrow similar?

It was stuning to watch grow.



Dude, It's spiral! WTF?! :shocked:



I know, I wish I had kept some in cold storage.

I may have been chased by bio-warfare dapartments if I had.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LadysKnight]
    #28218482 -

Thanks for the quick response mate. So you're thinking the overgrown plates are no good for anything? Is the urge for growth generally stunted when at this stage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw]
    #28218487 -

Those plates are not isolating anything, still a jumbled mess like the mss, so take a bunch of tiny sample wedges to agar and start to isolate genetics.  In two plates or 4 weeks you will have plates that are not a group brawl.  Even contam free, plates can still be a mess. 

But put these to grain, they will grow.  But the uncooperative spirit of so many genetics means you won't get a nice consistent flush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DreadedFarms]
    #28218530 -

I see. I'm still learning in regards to isolating genetics. I'll do another load of transfers then & go from there.

Are you familiar with LI? Where you drop a plate in sterilised water shake it up & 'noc your grain. Do you think it would be worth using the best looking plate for this method? Or pointless

Edited by stockw (03/07/23 07:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw]
    #28218541 -

If any myc is aerial enough, you can try taking a single thread of myc to a new plate. Takes a really steady hand though. Pins are much easier to grab.

If you transfer a normal size wedge from that plate, you can still narrow it down a bit. The myc will sector out against itself. Use lower nutrient (1.5% or so) and it will run faster.

stockw said:
Are you familiar with LI? Where you drop a plate in sterilised water shake it up & 'noc your grain. Do you think it would be worth using the best looking plate for this method? Or pointless



It'll be like going directly from MSS to grain, you'll take any hiding contams with it.


--------------------


🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼  🄲 🅄 🅁 🄸 🄾 🅄 🅂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw] * 5
    #28218588 -

stockw said:
Thanks for the quick response mate. So you're thinking the overgrown plates are no good for anything? Is the urge for growth generally stunted when at this stage?



Overgrown plates are not good for nothing they can be used as a starting point, but they are not what you want to take to grain. Like ladys knight said take some transfers if those grow out clean use those you know you got something to work with.

Dont think of it as isolating genetics in this circumstance, think of it as isolating Clean Mycelium

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy]
    #28218870 -

I've been playing with using activated charcoal to color my agar and give a nice contrast compared to the mycelium. Is there anything wrong with this approach?

I feel like the mycelium takes a little longer to grow out on plates with charcoal vs without but it could just be the genetics of that batch.

Agar recipe is 10g, 10g MEA, just a dash of charcoal, maybe 2g, per 500ml.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Galt] * 4
    #28218881 -

not really besides the extra cost of charcoal and the man hours/milliseconds it takes to add it to the broth.

sometimes i enjoy nude agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,944 topic views. 18 members, 86 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.023 seconds on 16 queries.