Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Muffa] * 2
    #28152212 -

Just caught halfway up my arm on fire cause of the torch and iso. I have not and will not learn my lesson.


--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Muffa]
    #28152213 -

OPEN THEM!!!  Open THAT SHIT!!!!!!


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Screwup]
    #28152219 -

dude ive done it.  lit my friend im teaching on fire the other night then proceeded to try and out him out while he has a scalpel in his hand.  could have gone way worse...

that was the moment i decided to purchase an induction heater.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #28152222 -

:threadmonitor:


--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven]
    #28152240 -

That's wild, yeah
B Traven said:
My technical first attempt, which ended in utter failure, involved trying to follow the instructions in the Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide by Oss and Oeric (aka Stamets and Mckenna) which I ordered from the Loompanics Unlimited catalog. We ordered spores from Fungi Perfecti. I was 16 and knew absolutely nothing about sterile technique, or trying something over and over and over again as a strategy for either success or some sort of useful lesson.

My first actual grow was with a syringe and instruction booklet from Psilocybe Fanaticus (Bob Mcpherson) a year or so before he got raided by the DEA. I ordered them from an ad in High Times.

This was all effectively pre-internet for me, and these two leads were the ONLY information I had access to. I'm sure I would have done Uncle Ben's tek if microwaveable rice and Reddit were actually major things in the 90's.

Though my initial attempt was a failure, I did read and digest a book about spore prints, agar, and grain jars very early in my life. So after that, I had a frame of reference to place any additional information into, and when I tried PF, I immediately got why it was so epic for the small personal grower. After that, I wouldn't have fallen for UB tek or any of this youtube bullshit. But if 16 year old me had encountered Boomer Shroomer first, I probably would have had a wank over her and then taken it all as gospel. If I had seen one of the janky High Times ads first, I totally would have gone down that rabbithole, too.



Dude, yeah. A golden rule that applies to UB and a lot of those lazymode kits is that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is! At this stage in my life I have room for a big methodical hobby involving a lot of research. I always knew I wanted to cultivate these mushrooms even if tripping isn't the main reason for it. The reason is simply to investigate and spend hours researching right here.

And the things people have figured out, man... what you can do with some gifted spores from the community and a few trips to the grocery store, local markets etc. My grow is going to cost me about fifty bucks, mostly because my PC was a second hand deal, well under the cost of a lux "growkit" and with far lest waste than UB broke boi. Wasted time and materials.
If I were 16 though, I'd probably skim the reddit and it would be no question :meanlaugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Epistrophy] * 3
    #28152250 -

Hey guys just opened this agar plate. It smells great! Cant wait to transfer it once it grows out more. I ate a piece to ensure it’s myc and it sure is!



Another confession….I don’t think I’m gonna use plastic gloves anymore.


--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Edited by Screwup (01/22/23 01:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Screwup]
    #28152255 -

Screwup said:
Hey guys just opened this agar plate. It smells great! Cant wait to transfer it once it grows out more. I ate a piece to ensure it’s myc and it sure is!



Another confession….I don’t think I’m gonna use plastic gloves anymore.



im wheezing.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Screwup]
    #28152261 -

I don't use gloves anymore except maybe if I'm noccing LC and feeling spicy.
Close to 0% contams on transfers and I don't even remember the last blank plate I had contaminate. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Greg]
    #28152264 -

sacrilege.  blasphemer. heretics, the whole lot of ye


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #28152276 -

I have tried once to grow pans and failed...

Second attempt and I think I see some litte Nec-D heads looking through the casing :3 But not big enough for a pic,... maybe tomorrow :laugh: My confession? I am excited like a small kid that gets a flamethrower :3

Edit: Dig your new colors brother Beef!


--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Shrimps]
    #28152283 -

I use to beat the shit out of my AA to get it to open after a pc cycle, then one day thought about using a flat head screw driver to click the lid up and slide it open.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Shrimps] * 1
    #28152286 -

I might have to pick your brain about sam because allegedly I'm getting some spores. 

Thanks.  I realized my colors were too similar to
JHova and he had them first.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Sockadin] * 1
    #28152287 -

High temp grease or petroleum jelly around the seal will cure that issue.


--------------------
πŸ…‚πŸ„ΈπŸ„ΆπŸ„ΌπŸ„°


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Sockadin]
    #28152288 -

Sockadin said:
I use to beat the shit out of my AA to get it to open after a pc cycle, then one day thought about using a flat head screw driver to click the lid up and slide it open.




OK, but do you use cling wrap or parafilm, sir?


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 4
    #28152304 -

I confess I learned how to grow by reading these books.

Hadn’t come across this amazing site yet. Never dabbled uncle bens or BRF/PF Tek but the books did suggest it.  I dove in deep and went straight  66qt mono growers using LC made from luckily a very reputable vendor. That’s right SS to LC. Fortunately for me it worked and I had many successful grows this way. Of course I had plenty of cantam as well. Tried this process with exotics and hahaha it was a shit show. Thankfully I have since learned the ways of the cult and now am loving my agar work. Such a fun part of the process that I was so afraid to try for a long time.


--------------------

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ
TEAM SPREAD THE LOVE!
Smellyhobbit said:
Embarrassment and bashfulness are leeches on your ability to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: HILLBILLY OUTLAW]
    #28152305 -

HILLBILLY OUTLAW said:
I confess I learned how to grow by reading these books.

Hadn’t come across this amazing site yet. Never dabbled uncle bens or BRF/PF Tek but the books did suggest it.  I dove in deep and went straight  66qt mono growers using LC made from luckily a very reputable vendor. That’s right SS to LC. Fortunately for me it worked and I had many successful grows this way. Of course I had plenty of cantam as well. Tried this process with exotics and hahaha it was a shit show. Thankfully I have since learned the ways of the cult and now am loving my agar work. Such a fun part of the process that I was so afraid to try for a long time.



I have all but the Bible


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #28152307 -

I run my AA930 or AA925 for things like single bottles of agar and pint jars of polypropylene centrifuge tubes even though I have an instant pot that would probably do the trick.
It's a mix between superstition and some sort of AA-owner superiority complex.

I use parafilm.

I never oil the seal of the AAs even though the manual says to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #28152308 -

Confession: I had a good buzz and swiped one dish with this Melmak118 swab, then tried to poke this dish, fumble fucked and fingered it instead, and this is the result. The other dish shows no growth either.



Edit: There's at least 4 colors in there.

Edited by FlawdaKraka (01/22/23 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #28152309 -

For somebody that knew nothing that one was my favorite. Lots of pictures and step by step procedures for everything. Reading is hard I need pics. Lol

I also used an insta pot when I started. Hated it.


--------------------

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ
TEAM SPREAD THE LOVE!
Smellyhobbit said:
Embarrassment and bashfulness are leeches on your ability to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: HILLBILLY OUTLAW] * 2
    #28152311 -

HILLBILLY OUTLAW said:
For somebody that knew nothing that one was my favorite. Lots of pictures and step by step procedures for everything. Reading is hard I need pics. Lol



TBF, half the McKenna book is pics too... just black and white and kinda grainy


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,966 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 771 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,927 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* New cultivator, have a question Erasmusluclin 1,062 16 06/26/04 08:49 PM
by Erasmusluclin
* whats the fastest cultivation you got? superbob57 832 11 10/18/05 02:33 PM
by chadwick
* Dedicated To Agar 'Mushroom Cultivation' AND Links/Grow Logs/Other
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 49,116 60 09/16/10 04:41 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8714 8715 )
saralove 5,223,344 174,286 09/28/26 07:46 AM
by kingboomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
457,770 topic views. 20 members, 128 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.