Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineErasmusluclin
Stranger
New cultivator, have a question
    #2829742 - 06/26/04 04:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've been able to find the answer to any question I've had searching the FAQ up until this point, I couldn't find anything on this particular problem in it. I have used PF tek, and am now in the fruiting cycle. The humidity inside my terrarium was a bit high at first, but I think I have that under control now. The problem I'm having however, is an extreme lack of potency. They seem to have no effect at all. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem, or has any idea on the possible causes of this. I've read that light will degrade the active ingredient, and was thinking I may be giving them too much light? I generally turn their light on when I go to bed and turn it off when I wake up. That gives them around 8 or so hours of light per day. Any suggestions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: New cultivator, have a question [Re: Erasmusluclin]
    #2829744 - 06/26/04 04:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

How did you dry them?

How much did you take?

OfflineErasmusluclin
Stranger
Re: New cultivator, have a question [Re: DieCommie]
    #2829747 - 06/26/04 04:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I dried them with a food dehydrator, no heat. Both dry and fresh where taken, any guess as to the amount taken would be just that, but it seemed to me like it should have been enough to put my friend and I in outer space :P

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2829752 - 06/26/04 04:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have no idea what causes this but I"m gonna say its gotta be the spores....maybe a weak substrain or something I really dunno...I have never encountered a potency problem....even my brf shrooms knocked me and anyone else who tried them on their ass....its not the food dehydrator and don't let anyone tell ya different....I have dried shrooms on full heat using one and they didn't lose a thing(That was noticable anyways)...the shrooms were piping hot when they came outta it I thought for sure they were toast...but sure enough they were potent as ever

my suggestion try some spores from a different source...I would take a print from the shrooms but make sure there labeled as weak for now...if you grow out from the different source and they are still weak well at least you know its something in your teknique and not the strain/spores

InvisibleDieCommie

#2829757 - 06/26/04 04:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

IMO it has nothing to do with spores...

You should measure how much you take....3.5grams dry can be alot of shrooms, there real light...

The most likely answer, though im sure its not what you want to hear, is "set and setting"

Ive taken 3.5 had been knocked on my ass, ive also taken 3.5 only felt a slight buzz....and both of these were from the same batch (my first batch btw)

Try again  :goodluck:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#2829770 - 06/26/04 05:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe for a second its set and setting...a good dose of psilocybin is gonna send you into space no matter where you are or what mind set your in

set and setting play a role in how the trip goes(negative or positive) but it does not determine wheather or not your gonna catch a buzz

if you took 3.5 and got off and then only felt a slight buzz from another 3.5 then the 2nd ones were just not as potent as the first

if what you were saying is tru then shrooms would be nothing more than placebo..it is possible to feel some placebo effect from weaker shrooms but what is not possible imo is to not feel any effects from a high dose of psilocybin(unless you have a high tolerance or have shroomed recently) it dosen't work both ways like that

Edited by Iamthewalrus (06/26/04 05:23 AM)

Offlinechronicle
philosopher
Male

Re: New cultivator, have a question [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #2829860 - 06/26/04 06:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i agree with thewalrus for the most part, set & setting are like the melody and rhythem of your trip that your mind feeds on and is influenced by, i believe everyone is able to control it if they would just lose focus and drift, i also agree with thewalrus in the sense that you cant eat psilocyben without feeling it in some way, whether you eat an 8th and chill in a dark room with some music or go to a desk and do taxes, in an hour the words would start wobbling around, atleast in my case. anyway thats really weird though that they didnt do anything to you, what strain were they?

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #2829889 - 06/26/04 06:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

set and setting has nothing to do with the amount of psilocybin/psilocyn content.The set and setting theory is applied when a blind test is done as follows VVVV

2-subjects are given an equal amount of mushrooms (ground up/added to juice)-5 grams even!Same strain,same flush,grown on the same substrate,under the same conditions!

Subject 1 is told that this is a very potent "new" strain of cubes
Subject 2 is told that these are the average cubes,nothing spectacular

Which one,out of the two subjects is going to "think",or believe that they are the "highest"

Yeah you guessed it right!!!!

Potency varies from individual mushroom to individual mushroom,not flush-flush,print-print,spore-spore.

Do a search for "potency" and read,read,read.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#2829902 - 06/26/04 06:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

in the end I would suggest trying another trip using maybe a lil more than before in a week or 2...also try and break em up and mix em all together....cause like doc said potency can vary from mushroom to mushroom so the best way to make your flush even is to break em up as well as possible and mix together

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

#2829917 - 06/26/04 07:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

how much did you take?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#2829922 - 06/26/04 07:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I defiantly think the environment your in and people your with have a huge impact on things like visuals, laughter, and how "spiritual" a trip is....

The differences between tripping at a rave for instance (which i dont particularly like) or camping in nature, or at home with a first time tripper can be huge...

Also i should say my experience is based on acid, which ive done way more than shrooms....but i did homogenize the shrooms cause i cant stand to chew them i crushed them into powder and small chunks to swallow...

Just my opinion, im sure most will disagree.... :shrug:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#2829972 - 06/26/04 08:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think that the environment can influence the trip the flavor of the trip..but if you ingest psilocybine you ARE Gonna trip

Erasmusluclin - have you tripped before this? also are you taking any ssri medication by any chance? cause this can make your tolerance go up...I remember the first time I tried my shrooms I eat a handful of wet and expected to have a mild trip...but nothing happened...at first I was a lil worried I had bunko shrooms cause I had heard of it happening...so I started upping my dose and it wasn't till I hit 4gs that I felt anything at all...5gs a lil more and then at 7gs I had what I would consider an average trip..I haven't gone much farther than that yet(I haven't tripped much at all lately) but I plan to make a 10g tea the next time I trip

I did stop taking my meds at one point and 5gs of mals fucked me up more than I ever have been...but without the meds I got extremely paranoid and it was not a fun experience... the waves of energy were so intense I thought I was gonna pass out...and I just wanted it to end....its from this trip that I can say with full confidence.....if you've ingested a large amount of psilocyin there is no setting or mindset that can hold back this incredibly potent substance(I mean potent by experience not weight)

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

#2829980 - 06/26/04 08:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

if you've ingested a large amount of psilocyin there is no setting or mindset that can hold back this incredibly potent substance(I mean potent by experience not weight) 

I agree!
You can try to stop it all you want,notice I said "try"? :grin:

--------------------

Offlinesublimesubmind
enthusiast
    #2830165 - 06/26/04 11:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the worst thing to do is try and stop a trip. it will make you go mad. every new tripper needs to learn to let their mind go.... laughter is key right here...

OfflineErasmusluclin
Stranger
Re: New cultivator, have a question [Re: sublimesubmind]
    #2831133 - 06/26/04 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've tripped once before, it was on dried shrooms that my friend had grown. I don't know a lot about the weight aspect of this stuff, but my friend estimated that we had taken a bit less then 2 grams (wet and dry combined). Another thing I thought of that may make a difference is that a lot of the dried ones we had where larger pins that I had damaged/had fallen off when removing them from the jars, which I then dried in order to test the batch. I had read that the less mature ones where more potent so I thought they'd be good, is there maybe a point in the developement where they become potent? After reading these posts I plan to try again with a larger quantity, and all of which obviously being more mature specimens.

Also, I'm not sure what ssri medication is, if you could explain what it is or what it does I will be able to better answer the question. I was however taking the same medication that I am not the time that I tripped, so I hadn't considered that as a cause.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#2831399 - 06/26/04 07:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

are you not weighing your shrooms? if not this could be a major reason for why you haven't tripped...get a scale and try 2.5-3gs...also some will say that aborts are more potent than mature or that right before the viel breaks they are at their most potent....I personally don't buy any of it...all the shrooms I've grown from all diff strains aborts mature before viel breakin all seem to be right at the same level for potency....and you definitely gain weight letting them get fully mature I would highly recommend it....not only that but they are so damn gorgeous when they open up and start sporulating....this alone makes it worth it IMO

about ssri's...I forget at the moment what it stands for but they are anti depresant/anti anxiety meds..some examples are paxil, effexor, prozak(I think), zoloft and a bunch of others...just look up the meds your taking on the net..if they are an ssri whatever page you find should tell you

OfflineErasmusluclin
Stranger
    #2831766 - 06/26/04 10:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh, thanks for the tip about the ssri's, both my friend and I are taking one of those. Also, I'll be using a scale from now on, I was just eyeballing my dose by size rather then weighing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation