Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2808395 - 06/19/04 07:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So you've been saying... :rolleyes:

Funny how you didn't reply to the other thread where I asked you to please post your legendary "list" of my "lies".

I'm not holding my breath.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: Xlea321]
    #2808413 - 06/19/04 07:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Certainly the vast bulk of his [Saddam's] abuses took place when he was bosom buddies with Reagan and Bush Sr. The right-wingers who talk about him "killing hundreds of thousands" always neglect to mention that he did most of that in the 80's with the full approval of the US government of the time. 

Another baseless statement perhaps?

Care to back this up?

I'm sure you've made far more but to list them all would take more time than mapping the human genome.. :blush:

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2808467 - 06/19/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Believe what you want. The blame goes to those who use the weapons.

I could have a nuke in my garage. It is harmless until it is used.

wriggle wriggle...just admit it luv, if it turned out that Iraq had been supplying arms to Al-qaeda you would believe that was justification for the war. Or are you telling me you never suggested Iraq had been involved in supporting terrorism?
Does this now mean you see nothing wrong with Saddam giving money to the families of suicide bombers?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #2810402 - 06/20/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Care to back this up?

Read up on when the mass graves found in Iraq dated from.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: CJay]
    #2810764 - 06/20/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
And began speaking in directly racist terms.

Racist? Well, thats a great reason for starting a war! We'll let the Kurds know about that. How much do I want to bet you won't even know who the Kurds are?
Quote:

Well if the UK and US had stepped in while everyday Germans were desperately looking for an end to misery, and committed themselves to genuinely helping the nation's masses and industries.

I'm thinking that the post WWI agreements that the Germans signed were the reasons that Germany was in such bad state. Why would we have helped them out? wouldn't that be intruding onto their matters?
Quote:

Why then would the people have ever listened to the Nazi propaganda? Where would their need and hatred have stemmed from - if their needs had been met and their hatred quelled before it had time to rise?

Newsflash: Not everything that the Nazis did was racist.
Quote:

I mean obviously it was never going to happen, but it could have so easily.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Quote:

As for removing a man who is a killer of innocents being 'true' and 'just' - Well this might be the case, but it's a shame it doesn't apply to GWB and T.Blair who trumpetted this war as the first that would be without civilian casualties, yet have managed to kill tens of thousands.

People die in war, thats just kind of how it is. More innocents died in WWII than died in Pearl Harbor, but that isn't a very effective way of determining the justness of a war, now does it?
Quote:

It seems pretty obvious that 'Shock and awe' is a metaphor for 'terror', and killing tens of thousands of innocents is terrorising a people. Maybe we should doctor the dictionary definition so it says what you want.

we didn't intentionally kill tens of thousands (That number goes up weekly in newspeak I notice). Scaring someone isn't terrorism.
Quote:

Yes if only the US military would make sure that aid distribution reached the right people....defending the needs of the undernourished masses when you have a load of supplies for them is quite a good idea. And I mean defending.

So the way to avoid using our troops on foreign soil is to use our troops on foreign soil? Thats simply brilliant. Maybe some starving near-third world nations would allow us to come in and help. Maybe we could just tell N Korea that we are sending in the First MEU to help get food out to their people and that we'll "defend" any food convoys that are over there. Thats simply brilliant.
Quote:

And regarding your shroom production analogy of N.korea's Nuclear weapons potential: I take your point. However, even if you have all the best kit, if a 'policeman' sits in the room it's in eyeing it suspiciously...would you not still then look to other sources in your need for the product/components?

For the x'th time, NORTH KOREAS GOAL ISNT A MASSIVE NUCLEAR ARSENAL. It's much better for them to rattle their sabers every so often and have us give them more money to not make the nukes. They don't care if they have any, their regular artillery could kill a few million S Koreans in an hour. It's just their way of asking for help.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2810792 - 06/20/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Not everything that the Nazis did was racist.

So what? Not everything Saddam was cruel either. No-one can be nothing but cruel.

People die in war, thats just kind of how it is

Don't give it the dignity of calling it a war. It was mass slaughter by one massively more advanced country on a third world state.

we didn't intentionally kill tens of thousands

Dropping bombs on someone isn't intentionally killing them?

Scaring someone isn't terrorism.

And yet the UN call launching illegal wars of aggresion "the ultimate war crime".

They don't care if they have any, their regular artillery could kill a few million S Koreans in an hour. It's just their way of asking for help.

Come again?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2811052 - 06/20/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
So what? Not everything Saddam was cruel either. No-one can be nothing but cruel.

So basically you mean to say "OK, you are right, but heaven forbid I not bring up Saddam at least once in a thread", right?
Quote:

Don't give it the dignity of calling it a war. It was mass slaughter by one massively more advanced country on a third world state.

I wish that my digicam was a high enough megapixel that you could see that I do, in fact, own the worlds smallest violin.  Not only do I own it, but i'm playing it right now! Just for you!  Wasn't Saddam's army the best in the region? If I look back, are you going to be one of those telling "us" how hard we'll have it in Afghanistan, that the Russkies tried for 10 years and never won.
Quote:

Dropping bombs on someone isn't intentionally killing them?

LDS Sure has you pegged :smile:
Quote:

And yet the UN call launching illegal wars of aggresion "the ultimate war crime".

What, in the UN's eyes, would make for a "legal war of aggression"?
Quote:

Come again?

Old age, can't do it that fast.

I'm just going to reply to your points with the same assininery that you use. Don't ever expect an answer from me on anything, since you never manage to do that courtesy for anyone else.  Maybe I could post you a link from an obviously slanted ultra-right-wing group and have it as my "proof". You are more proof that we shouldn't get involved in others wars. Hitler would have found a nice lil spot for granny and grampy, right under a V? rocket.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2811072 - 06/20/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So basically you mean to say "OK, you are right, but heaven forbid I not bring up Saddam at least once in a thread", right?

Wrong.

Wasn't Saddam's army the best in the region?

No, it wasn't.

It was about as big a threat as the Hare Krishnas. And they've already got our airports...

LDS Sure has you pegged

Sure he does TOYK  :smile:

What, in the UN's eyes, would make for a "legal war of aggression"? 

A UN vote?

Don't ever expect an answer from me on anything

I never have. Why would I change now?

Maybe I could post you a link from an obviously slanted ultra-right-wing group and have it as my "proof".

Anything would be better than tiresome flames.

You are more proof that we shouldn't get involved in others wars. Hitler would have found a nice lil spot for granny and grampy, right under a V? rocket.

I presume this is your attempt to act like a man?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #2813286 - 06/21/04 06:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps it wasn't clear enough...

Quote:

Certainly the vast bulk of his [Saddam's] abuses took place when he was bosom buddies with Reagan and Bush Sr. The right-wingers who talk about him "killing hundreds of thousands" always neglect to mention that he did most of that in the 80's with the full approval of the US government of the time.

Now backup this statement with some credible evidence or admit its false.

Quote:

The UN says a lot of things

Quote:

war -
A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
The period of such conflict.
The techniques and procedures of war; military science.

Regardless of the sense injustice you feel, it was still a war...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder