Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD
    #2694844 -

Anybody ever heard of Kary Mullis?  I guess he was a chemist who won the nobel prize in 1993 for the invention of polymerase chain reactions. 


Quote:
Nobel Prize Winner for Chemistry in 1993 and inventor of PCR, a method for detecting even the smallest amount of DNA in ancient materials. "Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it," he says. "I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by. I learnt that partly on psychedelic drugs."




http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/articles/famous_users/lsd.htm



this site also talks about some things he has to say about lsd

http://www.csp.org/chrestomathy/dancing_naked.html


I think its fucking cool that LSD users are winning nobel prizes :smile:
The net has a lot of other info on him, im suprised i never heard or read about him until now 


Drugs kill braincells my ass. Take that DARE!!!!!  :tongue:


--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:


"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2694891 -

Big fucking deal.

--------------------------------
"Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it,"
---------------------------------

I don't care what this person says, I doubt that they could prove that this is correct.

Also, there are probably millions of morons who take LSD.

It's probably the case that a relationship between taking LSD and winning a nobel prize is random. With many people using LSD, it's bound to happen that some LSD users will win a Nobel prize.

The most interesting thing about this person is the PCR.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2694936 -

Phencyclidine said:
Also, there are probably millions of morons who take LSD.




i never said that wasnt true,


Quote:
I don't care what this person says, I doubt that they could prove that this is correct



okay man...you have made shitloads of posts in lots of acid/shroom threads about how they can't prove that psychedelics have benefited anybody, etc.....we ALL know where you stand....if you want to keep arguing that, the go ahead and do it in some other threads, but please dont ruin my post by doing that here.

i just wanted to share some info that i found interesting for the shroomerites who might want to read it. If you dont think its interesting, then just dont reply instead of being so negative

Thanks
Im done


--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:


"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2695017 -

Wow, I knew lsd was mind-expanding. Some of the most complex ideas seem so simple when you're tripping. It's like you see something & you understand everything about it without thinking about it. thanks for sharing that!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2695436 -

Slipknot420 said:
if you want to keep arguing that, the go ahead and do it in some other threads, but please dont ruin my post by doing that here.



Ruin your post? What you own the thread now? People could easily ignore my response.

Your post has no point. Yes, some pretty smart and noteworthy people take or have taken LSD. Big fucking deal.

Quote:
i just wanted to share some info that i found interesting for the shroomerites who might want to read it. If you dont think its interesting, then just dont reply instead of being so negative



I'm just trying to make sure no one gets mislead into thinking that LSD will help them win a nobel prize.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2695506 -

That's pretty neat that he says he wouldn't have invented PCR without LSD.

I haven't seen that site before. It looks pretty good, no or very little propaganda. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2695540 -

Quote:
I'm just trying to make sure no one gets mislead into thinking that LSD will help them win a nobel prize.




Wow. Thanks. I had no idea.

My gut reaction the the first post in this thread was definately "Wow! I could win a nobel prize now since I've dropped acid!?!!"

Please. Your fucking stupid, and your apparently everyone else is as stupid as you. Which is obviously not true.

Why dont you stop wasting your time here and go try to convince the kids on the corner that smoking weed wont make them a rap star....


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2695552 -

And like I was going to say in the first place, before I read that torrent of stupidity...

Quote:
"I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by.





Is probably my favorite quote by a scientist ever....


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2695601 -

Please don't fight guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2695819 -

Quote:
I'm just trying to make sure no one gets mislead into thinking that LSD will help them win a nobel prize.



:doh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2696242 -

Thanks Slipknot! That's cool as all get out!

:thumbup: :thumbup:




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2696318 -

Yes, because you're an authority on what happens in other people's minds, right?


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: valour]
    #2696411 -

When did I claim to be an authority? All I said was that I doubt that the scientist could prove it. I made no claim about what went on inside this person's mind. Thanks for (mis)reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2696610 -

Yes, I am a moron, because you know exactly why I made my post.

I hate anti-drug propaganda, probably as much as any of you do, but you must realize that there's also a lot of pro-drug propaganda that psychedelic idealists put out. The biggest problem is that some psychedelic idealists who claim to want to have open and honest dialogue about psychedelic drugs ignore their own logical fallacies and stubbornly refuse to accept that they *might* be wrong. IMO, if a movement to legitimize or legalize psychedelic drugs, which is probably something that all of us here want (including myself), is going to be successful then the people involved in that movement shouldn't risk their credibility by stubborn refusal to consider other points of views.

That being said, I don't think that it's stupid of me for seeing that the original post could possibly be misleading to some of the users here. Remember that this site has thousands of registered users. Some of them might not see the obvious truth of what I've said.

You're right that there was no need for me to be hostile or negative. I'm sorry.

I do think psychedelic drugs do have the potential to benefit humanity. Unfortunately, due to oppresive laws it is very difficult to do enough studies to conclude that LSD or MDMA or whatever can benefit human beings. If it was found that these drugs can have medical value then I would be genuinely happy.

blink:

Quote:
I don't need anybody to tell me I am ot actually bettering myself when I take them, I know it to be true and so do the people that know me.




I consider your assertion that you "know it to be true" likely to be false but if you want to discuss it further, bring it to S&P or PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2696816 -

dude did you know that ALL of the nobel prize winners in history have breathed oxygen?

oxygen is some good shit, mang :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2696881 -

I found that interesting, his trip report was reminiscent of my first, although he was on a much higher dose. 1000 micrograms would be quite the adventure, especially for a first dose.

Many misinformed people would be astonished to hear that this Nobel Prize winner dropped acid. That it effected his work is fascinating, I'm not suprised but I know my grandmother would be.


--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2697063 -

There are many true things that can't be scientifically tested; the statement "LSD and psychedilics have the potential to help people who use them in many ways" is one.


Cool post, slipknot :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2697127 -

good stuff man :cool:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2697158 -

Quote:
I'm just trying to make sure no one gets mislead into thinking that LSD will help them win a nobel prize.



Thanks! I was starting to wonder when they'd be knocking on my door with the good news! :laugh: Now I can leave my house. :wink:


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2697167 -

DoctorJ said:
dude did you know that ALL of the nobel prize winners in history have breathed oxygen?

oxygen is some good shit, mang :thumbup:



:rolleyes:

Ridiculous. The guy said that he wouldn?t have been able to do what he did if he hadn?t taken LSD. Sheesh. Weither you guys believe it or not, that?s what the man said.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,138 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* Pub rules have been slipping lately
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 7,411 29 10/10/12 08:55 AM
by timelapses
* Nelson Mandela Speaks out on US war with Iraq
( 1 2 3 all )
Spiffy 8,600 56 02/16/03 07:27 PM
by Cracka_X
* The Frequent LSD Dilemma
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 5,100 30 04/17/05 09:42 AM
by rdnp2035
* im at the library writing a research paper on LSD! and theyre lacking resources
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 6,634 21 04/11/05 05:31 PM
by ZippoZ
* Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD?
( 1 2 3 all )
Spooge 10,743 52 10/09/12 09:53 PM
by Help on the Way
* Music inspired by LSD
( 1 2 3 all )
THE KRAT BARON 12,320 58 12/18/14 05:28 AM
by Tripsurfer
* Anybody else prepared for significant backlash against psychedelics in lieu of their therapeutic use? jdawg333 390 5 05/05/21 01:51 PM
by mAver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
10,576 topic views. 4 members, 105 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.