Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
The Frequent LSD Dilemma
    #4055592 - 04/14/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Do you ever find yourself really shying away from frequent LSD use? But then you think back to the 60's and 70's, the golden age, and how often people were dropping, and you wonder why it is you think you can't handle more frequent trips? I wish I felt confident enough to trip more often.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4055644 - 04/14/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

perhaps it is simply the wish to keep the experience "special"

nothing wrong with that.... I love mushrooms but I try to keep my trips few and far between for the same reason

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #4055657 - 04/14/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ill test the product for potential chromosome damage sir. PM.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4055699 - 04/14/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The stuff is way to powerful for me to be doing it often. 2-4 times a year is plenty.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #4056023 - 04/14/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno I can never get enough of it.  I seriously think I could do it every weekend and never get tired of it.

I :heart: LSD.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #4056060 - 04/14/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Although I've come across acid in my day, never a steady source. It just finds me.

This makes the trips I do get more important I guess. It's senseless to trip too often. If the trip means anything you shouldn't need to trip for a while.

--------------------

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #4056106 - 04/14/05 08:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i got a frequent lsd dilemma, theres none where i live, and the lsd that does exist is low dosage and expensive. =\

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Invisibleblackroselove
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4056201 - 04/14/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wish I could give it a try just once. There is none were I live and none were I travel to get my weed.I guess that would be my LSD dilemma

Blackie:flaming:

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #4056231 - 04/14/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i think trippin is something that should be done no more than 4-5 times a year. with anything, the more you do it, the less enjoyable each experiance is.. remember when you frist started blazing and a gram of weed was the shit? now a gram comes and goes.. theres nothing wrong with trippin more than 4-5 times a year. its not going to mess up your body. but the less you do it, the more enjoyable each experiance is

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #4056250 - 04/14/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well when it comes to confidence and tripping, I think most poeple need to realize that once you trust the drug and stop fearing it; your eyes will be opened.

Once you get over that meaningless fear, it's all beautiful.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: Freeker]
    #4056257 - 04/14/05 09:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Once you get over that meaningless fear, it's all beautiful.

Well put Freeker.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: Freeker]
    #4056258 - 04/14/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Also in the 1960's the potency was considerably less, I beleive.

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4056265 - 04/14/05 09:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I did it every weekend for about a month and a half...back in 1994...I knew a guy that I worked with was someone who helped set up the lighting and the refreshment stand at certain raves and at a certain club back then. I always could get 'doses' no matter what...but anyhow, I did it a lot for a while, but after a while it seemed like I developed a tolerance to cid...just like anything else I have done...it seems like it is more fun to do it every so often...
I wish I could find it now though, but I am sure if I asked around about raves I could find it again....I just haven't been to a rave in years....

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: CherryBom]
    #4056266 - 04/14/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I always thought that blotter in the 60's was a lot stonger per dose, like 300-400mcg even.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
    #4056267 - 04/14/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe your scared of what will happen if you eat blotter too often? And that probably stems from the stories you've heard of 'some guy dosing too much and going crazy'....Or tales of that nature.
You can only become more familiar with yourself by dropping, and that should be a good thing. Needless to say, don't do it if you do't want to. I get like that with mushrooms.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4056285 - 04/14/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cubieman420 said:
I always thought that blotter in the 60's was a lot stonger per dose, like 300-400mcg even.

Maybe you're right.  I don't really have a source for that information so I could very well be wrong.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4056395 - 04/14/05 10:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Do you ever find yourself really shying away from frequent LSD use? But then you think back to the 60's and 70's, the golden age, and how often people were dropping, and you wonder why it is you think you can't handle more frequent trips? I wish I felt confident enough to trip more often.

Perhaps you're not in a trip friendly environment. I know if I had a house out in the country or something away from neighbors, I'd trip a lot more than I do.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

OfflineminErval
garden gnome

Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: Learyfan]
    #4056418 - 04/14/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i can definately relate to the pre trip butterflies... but i think that it is all part of it.. some of the best trips ive had ive been shit scared at the beginning. The whole nervousness thing is just a part of our psychology we need to transcend or work through, to come to a point where we realise there is nothing to be afraid of. Throughout our childhood we were told that drugs were bad and evil, and that lsd would cause immediate and long term insanity. This information was planted there by people who were afraid, and often re-surfaces if we allow it to.
Once u reach the point of acceptance, it is now a tool for you to explore, enjoy and utilise.. or just to flow with.
Dmt is very much like this, the first stage can often be accompanied by complete fear of death, but once u work though that and realise just how beautiful it all is, u reach a very special place...
You have to go through the shadow to get to the other side :wink:
and yes i believe acid in the 60s was much more pure and of higher dosages due to the root of supply...
peace and happy travels.
***E***

p.s- sometimes there is a reason to be scared, make sure the people you are travellign with are mentally and psychically prepared and able.. often ive found that my pre-trip butterflies have been warnign me about the set and setting. make sure ur in a comfortabel environ and the people you are with are peopel you want to trip with. if not, why not wait till the right set and setting arises!

--------------------
to each his gnome....

evolving to a fluctuating vibration of cosmic energy....sounds like dna unfolding and re-arranging to me...
http://www.ketuhrecords.com/releases_hyperspatial.php

oh for fucks sake cant we evolve already??

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: The Frequent LSD Dilemma [Re: minErval]
    #4056448 - 04/14/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It wasn't necessarily more pure, needlepoint, white fluff and silver are all very pure, and I recall Chinacat saying that he seriously doubted Owsleys was purer than needlepoint and fluff. The doses were definitely stronger back then though, but that's what people were used too. If doses that strong were widely circulated now there would be a shitload of freak-outs.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4056488 - 04/14/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The idea is - as I discovered long ago - was not to become drug dependent on LSD; not to stay perpetually high on acid. One does not have truly life-changing experiences every time one drops. The truly memorable, life-changing events must be assimilated psychologically and this requires a span of time between them. There were periods of my life, say, at 19, where I'd come home from my factory job (the one I took during my 1 semester leave from college when I changed from pre-med to philosophy), shave some LSD off a hit of orange Berkeley sunsunshine, snort it up my nose, trip til 3:00 AM, sleep and go to work at 8:00 AM. This I'd do 2 or 3 times a week while listening to the Moody Blues, Grateful Dead and New Riders of the Purple Sage.

There were times in college where we'd get some Windowpane and spontaneously drop at 10:30 at night, trip all night and go to class the next day still high. I once gave a talk in a psych class on drugs and behavior while tripping. The talk was on tripping. I later told my professor and discussed possible reasons for the forms of the 'patterns.' He (wrongly) thought that I might be seeing brain cells. (He should have read Kluver's work on hallucinations).

But...I would walk into Dr. Berleant's class on metaphysics, my long hair greasy and pulled back (unlike my usual scrubbed and clean look), and someone would rather cooly say, 'Hey man, you need some Yin energy to all that Yang.' Of course, they knew I'd been tripping hard and didn't care how I looked among all those Long Island Jappy chicks (my ego-vanity was still diminished), and they were right, even though I was trying to become the Yang - become Shiva - become pure consciousnesss without the embodied, fleshy Shaktic pole. I WAS unbalanced.

And I became so high that after 3 years of serious tripping, when everyone was job-ready to become accountants or whatever, or had applied to grad school, I was saying, ' So I'll work on a loading dock for the rest of my life...who cares if I'm in bliss?' And boy was I wrong because if you think I'm wordy and intellectual now, you should have heard me at the end of college when I was 21 and I thought I knew it all! So I had a kind of breakdown - living again with Mom and Dad after 4 years of college where I was supposed to go to medical school afterwards and now I was being a janitor. It took another 6 months of working, another 2 years in a Masters program, a year trying to save the family business, four years of Ph.D. studies and 3 years of gaining experience in order to get a decent job. December 1976 to November 1986 of no money, no first chakra foundational energy...floating after flying...for 10 years!

The moral of the story is: use psychedelics sparingly and judiciously. Plan your trips well to get the most out of them or else you will become a cosmic vagrant whether you like it or not!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, pH Test Strips

Community >> The Pub