Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: AislingGheal]
    #2681506 - 05/15/04 09:16 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I think he was against recreational usage. My desk is all a mess and i can't find my "Food of the Gods" right now, but i remember reading that he believed that because of the "recreational usage", the actual meaninfullness of these substances is being lost - especially with a drug like cannabis.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: Trip]
    #2681665 - 05/15/04 11:09 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Trip said:
interesting stuff ekstaza, and yes dmt can be extracted. its  a chemical in dozens of plants in south america from barks to grass and is used by them for spiritual rituals. go to erowid and look up ayahuasca.

Rick Strassman (DMT the spirit molecule) says it is in almost every living thing to some extent. Our own bodies manufacture it! Some plants and animals like certain toads (esp. in S. America like you said) manufacture a lot more of the stuff). I think it is SO fascinating.  I have been trying to read everything I can get my hands on about dmt since I read that book.  :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: Spooge]
    #2681694 - 05/15/04 11:19 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
That does make sense.  But I find it hard to believe he couldn't see hallucinations on lsd.

I always thought that too, because the hallucinations on lsd were almost too much for me sometimes, I mean- i couldn't stand to look at myself and other ppl looked so weird! But, I was talking to a friend the other day and asked why lots of lsd-makers put strycchnine in it, (because it always made my neck hurt really bad) and my friend told me it poisons us enough to make us hallucinate.  So maybe the really good clean LSD doesn't make ppl hallucinate as much....I'm sure McKenna had the clean stuff.  Also, I think some tend to hallucinate more than others just naturally.  I even hallucinate on weed sometimes.

Quote:

Also, in regards to the comment about it being safe because it comes from "nature".  There are plants that would kill you in less then 5 minutes, poisonous berries, etc.  Just because something has been in nature for millions of years, doesn't make it safe.  Also, hasn't lsd now been used by millions of people since it's discovery?  Of course, it can't compete with how long mushrooms and dmt containing plants have been around...but it has been around for some time now. But I wonder, what is an acceptable time for something to be considered "safe"?

I think that what McKenna is getting at is that humans (and other life forms) have been USING these psychoactive plants purposefully for thousands of years. Some people propose that anything you can eat, that grows- is poisonous to some degree- (there is a book called pharma kopoea that says this- excellent book btw). Some more than others obviously. Humans traditionally pass on knowledge about these plants from generation to generation, it's how we all survived. One of McKenna's biggest issues was that we are going to lose the knowlege of most of the plants in the rainforest within 30 years since all the indigenous ppls are leaving for "city life". So sad....
:sad:

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2681708 - 05/15/04 11:23 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Strycchnine isn't in LSD and those tensions you are having are up to individual user, I've only had those once and I've seen plenty of people get them right beside me and I feel no muscle discomfort/tension what so ever.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: Adom]
    #2681731 - 05/15/04 11:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Really? How do you know <<<not being rude! Is it just an urban myth then? I'm curious!

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2681757 - 05/15/04 11:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth2.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth5.shtml
I don't blame you for asking! This is how we get rid of silly myths, thank you erowid!

Anonymous

#2681759 - 05/15/04 11:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm I too have had horrible back pain, while others on same stuff didnt. Interesting. But I kinda had in my mind that it was from an accident a while back and it was its way of telling me to take care of my self.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: ]
    #2681762 - 05/15/04 11:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It's possible that it is from impurities but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2681771 - 05/15/04 11:42 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

WOW- Thanks! Now I rest at ease knowing i didn't TOTALLY fuck myself up with LSD.

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2681778 - 05/15/04 11:45 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

LSD only makes repairs..

OfflineSpace Monkey
    #17001390 - 10/09/12 11:00 PM (9 years, 9 days ago)

"LSD only makes repairs"
Tell that to Syd Barrett.
In addition to their capacity to heal the mind, psychedelics also have the potential to cause serious harm. I've seen LSD help cure cocaine addiction, and I've seen it help people who were institutionalized in prison to open up again, as well as many other less "practical" but still tangible uses.
But, I also know a guy who had a family history of mental illness who got quite fucked up by it. Would the delusions have hit him at some point in life anyway? Probably, but it most definitely accelerated the process. He felt LSD had allowed him to "tune in" to other people's thoughts. Funny thing is, I don't entirely discredit that ability, at times...but the whole "aliens are coming to kill us all" was where I drew the line.

OfflineAmazonianGuruS
Living Jungle Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: Space Monkey]
    #17001467 - 10/09/12 11:07 PM (9 years, 9 days ago)

Terence was an AVID fan of 360 degree visual hallucinations, and LSD would only do that if he smoked Aghani Hash...

Wait until about 2:40 seconds, or just skip to it.

This is in his later years, when you can tell his mind was starting to go, but he still had it.

Fuck, I love Mckenna, xoxox.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Terence Mckenna's stance on LSD? [Re: AmazonianGuru]
    #17001884 - 10/09/12 11:53 PM (9 years, 9 days ago)

Its pretty amazing...i actually remember replying to this exact thread....eight fuckin years ago.....

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies