Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Inthepit]
    #26514502 -

MadHatter333 said:
Hey guys. Was wondering what recipe people use to get the clear agar. I’ve used 8g agar and 8g BRF to 400ml of water for a long time and usually get good rhyzo growth. Would like to try something new though to get the clear agar. Let me know where I can find the ingredients to make clear agar and what y’all use to make it. Thanks in advance



Check the link in my sig. I like filtering it through cheesecloth as shown in the guide, comes out crystal clear every time. MEA is my favorite, 20g agar, 14g LME , 1L water

Inthepit said:
I just ordered Briess LME $9/Lb and Telephone Agar Agar from Ebay.
:kittytakedown:



LME Telephone Gang Gang


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Inthepit]
    #26514508 -

LME is the bomb.
It has a fairly complex nutrient profile, loads of different sugars and amino acids, which is why its so successful.
Fully hydrophilic, so keep it dry! Sealed and dry!


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bobbit]
    #26514699 -

Yeah itll turn into tar if it hits any humidity at all. Pain in the ass when that happens


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26514744 -

Mines like a fucking brick as not sealed at all, gotta stab it with a knife to get chunks off it, still works good tho


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26514806 -

Hey everyone, looking for some advice about this growth. Would you transfer this? Which part should I transfer?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ManandOwl]
    #26514865 -

ManandOwl said:
Hey everyone, looking for some advice about this growth. Would you transfer this? Which part should I transfer?







Hard to tell with the back light but wondering if that outside ring is bacteria or something else nasty. What's it look like without?


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Crackatoa]
    #26515149 -

Another stupid question... I left my stack of plates in the sab for a week now and was wondering if that’s a contam risk. I put wrap over my sab holes and don’t go in and out of the room much. Still good to use?


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #26515233 -

Every time I pour plates I leave them in the SAB for at least 3-4 days until comdensation gone and to verify no contamination then wrap. I’ve only poured About 30-40 plates this way but so far no contams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26515237 -

Good to know, thanks dude


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #26515264 -

What is causing the greenish blue around the transfer? Scalpel not sterile? What kind of mold is that? Thanks!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333] * 1
    #26515270 -

It depends on how good your sab is

This is overkill, but I like to Parafilm each dish, then put it in an individual ziploc sandwich bag. That way I can handle them as roughly as I like without having to worry about contam. That reduces the chances of getting contams on the outside of the plates which might end up inside the plates next time I work w them


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26515280 -

That does sound like overkill but whatever keeps contams at minimum is good in my book. I’ll probably put them in bags next time. Got four varieties going right now and am about to have more. More! More! More!


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #26515439 -

Just done my first transfers with my new swan norton no 7 scalpel and no15 blade. (The middle one) far superior to the no3 I was using imo, I think we’re gonna get on :awesomenod:



--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26515555 -

c10h12n2o said:
It depends on how good your sab is

This is overkill, but I like to Parafilm each dish, then put it in an individual ziploc sandwich bag. That way I can handle them as roughly as I like without having to worry about contam. That reduces the chances of getting contams on the outside of the plates which might end up inside the plates next time I work w them



I use a full length roll of saran wrap to wrap up half a sleeve at a time, then I use my scalpel to cut off as many plates as necessary. It's way faster than wrapping each plate individually.



I wrap them individually after they're used for transfers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #26515674 -

c10h12n2o said:
It depends on how good your sab is

This is overkill, but I like to Parafilm each dish, then put it in an individual ziploc sandwich bag. That way I can handle them as roughly as I like without having to worry about contam. That reduces the chances of getting contams on the outside of the plates which might end up inside the plates next time I work w them



Hmmm, I've been wiping them off with rubbing alch, but I kinda have to go lightly over the Sharpie letters or they rub off.
I make two wraps around w/ Glad Wrap. :hatsoff:



p9hu7 said:
I use a full length roll of saran wrap to wrap up half a sleeve at a time, then I use my scalpel to cut off as many plates as necessary. It's way faster than wrapping each plate individually.



I wrap them individually after they're used for transfers.



Oh p9hu7, I wanna see a video of THAT hé!
You must have a flow hood, I'd knock plates everywhere!

Isn't there a difference, Saran is not porus/breathable and Glad Wrap is breathable?
Sorry I have to look up where I read that.

Quote:
If you cannot find Parafilm, you can substitute polyethylene cling film, such as Glad Wrap (but not Saran Wrap or similar brands, which are made from polyvinylchloride and are not gas permeable.). Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut a 1-to 2-inch-wide section off the end of a full roll. - Psilocybin Handbook p.56



Edited by Inthepit (03/04/20 12:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Crackatoa]
    #26515701 -

This is the best photo I could get. What do you think? Is it worth transferring?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ManandOwl]
    #26515717 -

ManandOwl said:
This is the best photo I could get. What do you think? Is it worth transferring?
I know, it's hard to get good pics!





Is that where you put your swap/syringe/loop/transfer wedge?
It looks like the contam in my plates before I've transferred anything!
From what I've read, that could be from touching the edge of the plate while pouring
or water drops coming off the lid to edge w/ contam.
Just curious, I don't see any labeling, how do you keep track of the plates?
:hatsoff:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Inthepit]
    #26515813 -

Thanks for the insight Inthepit. I tried to create a spore syringe using a shroomery trusted tek. This is my 1st agar grow. Were I live, the chemist shops aren't allowed to give out needles. I got impatient and used the syringe without the needle. So my dishes were wet and pooling with spore solution. 3 of the dishes out of the 20 petrie dishes have shown growth similar to this. Pretty step learning curve I think. I haven't marked any of the dishes yet, but I have journaled my tek so I can slowly learn. Your input has help Inthepit. Thanks for that. I think I will practice transferring this dish anyway. Then try again with another spore pk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ManandOwl]
    #26515872 -

Why not make an inoculation loop and streak your spores? Less contamination factors than making syringe without correct equipment :shrug:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Contaminated syringe [Re: Tormato]
    #26515961 -

I Have a contaminated spore syringe. I know this for sure because I noc'd an All in one bag and 2 grain jars ( that I prepped and sterilized myself) and all had trichoderma. I was wondering if I could just noc an agar plate and isolate the mycelium from there. I know about isolation but I don’t know if it’s plausible to isolate what’s contaminated pre noc. Is there a way to save my syringe?
Also is water in my agar plates going to be a problem?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* CASO and Sabouraud-Glucose Agar: Any good ? JeRiKo1 2,257 5 04/19/04 04:24 AM
by JeRiKo1
* agar
( 1 2 all )
arabmobster 5,015 21 04/11/03 04:10 PM
by arabmobster
* using agar? downforpot 1,113 2 10/21/01 12:19 PM
by oscill8
* Agar help the_pigdog 528 3 08/16/06 09:55 AM
by Roadkill
* Dam Agar the_pigdog 600 3 09/04/06 04:23 PM
by RogerRabbit
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,076 topic views. 20 members, 41 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.