Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783927 -

No, from a much prettier, cleaner plate with one colonization point. I’ll pull from the plate in the pic tomorrow during lab time.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25784113 -


TLY


Jam Pans, just nocced 10qt about to transfer on agar too


Shiitake clone from grocery store


Oyster clone from grocery store


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #25785007 -

My first ever agar pin hurray. Never happened to me before but it looks cool.


--------------------



Edited by MH5109 (02/02/19 12:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MH5109]
    #25785514 -

Transfer that motha to a plate!  That is super dope!  Good work!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25785705 -

Making my first transfer. Would like options on best place to take from and reason if that's cool. Just want to be sure what I'm looking for when transferring.






Last pic sucks, sorry.

Thanks

JJ


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25786905 -



--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25786913 -

newtomyc said:
Making my first transfer. Would like options on best place to take from and reason if that's cool. Just want to be sure what I'm looking for when transferring.






Last pic sucks, sorry.

Thanks

JJ



Did you do the transfer? I woulda recommended you wait longer. That’s just me though. No signs of contams that I can see, so that’s good. Try taking some pics with back lighting too, to see how it looks.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25787107 -

MadHatter333 said:
newtomyc said:
Making my first transfer. Would like options on best place to take from and reason if that's cool. Just want to be sure what I'm looking for when transferring.






Last pic sucks, sorry.

Thanks

JJ



Did you do the transfer? I woulda recommended you wait longer. That’s just me though. No signs of contams that I can see, so that’s good. Try taking some pics with back lighting too, to see how it looks.




I did. Just a couple from the one that was hitting the sides. But there isn't anything but white growing. It was a good spore syringe I guess. Hope my transfer take and I didn't f it up to bad. Really just kind of have to jump in and learn from mistakes in this hobby, I think. I can read all day long but until I just do it, I really don't know.

Thanks for responding. I do appreciate it!!


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc] * 2
    #25787174 -

For sure. I fail, we all fail. What matters is that we find works for us, and listen the best we can to people who’ve been in our shoes. You’ll get it down. There’s no mess up’s, just happy mistakes, we can turn into happy bushes. :goodluck:


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333] * 1
    #25787906 -

MadHatter333 said:




SO DOPE!  I Guess it's 12 o'clock at your place!
HH


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25787919 -

Just smoking a cig and drinking a beer. About to prepare some agar for some transfers :thumbup:


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333] * 1
    #25787941 -

Incase you guys didn’t know. Cupcake cups make awesome weighing cups! You can fold it a bit to create a funnel for easy dry ingredient pouring.



--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25787952 -

:takingnotes:
I have a bunch of holiday print in the cabinet.:super:
One less dish to clean up.:awesomenod:


--------------------


BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25787958 -

Effing hilarious!  It's all I use.  Have a bag in my scale box in the lab with agar (to keep this agar related).  Great tip!  I use it for weighing cloned specimens when done too.

Just smoking a Perdomo anniversary cigar and drinking mushroom coffee.  Happy fucking Sunday!


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25787963 -

Hahaha! Great minds think alike :wink: Happy Sunday! Sunday, SundaY!


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25788047 -

I cut the bottom 2" or so off of a clear solo cup for dry ingredient measurements... keep it in my old SAB/new supply storage tub(so I can stop spending an hour hunting it everytime I pour)... cupcake holders is a cool idea, but I'm a stickler for reuse lol... lol, use, rinse and repeat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25788159 -

That’s a smart idea right there. Reuse, reduce, recycle. Clear solo cup, come fill me up.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25788188 -



this was made from ms on 1-13 i used premade pda that is about 3 years old they germinated on 1-16 or 17

i think its growing super slow, one other thing i did was there was so much condensation that i cut a tiny slit in the parafilm to let the water drain out, that was probably stupid.
im wondering if either the old agar or me draining the condensation out could be why its so slow  or is that pretty normal ?


--------------------
                                                               
                                                                                    Agar Recipe's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MushroomBush]
    #25788391 -

Just be patient. Don’t worrie so much. Edit: You may want to invest in some fresh nutrients though. It actually does seem pretty slow. The plates I have were all transferred and germinated a bit before yours.

Just got done pouring some plates. Scrambled at the end with the temp at 115. Poured the first stack a bit thick, but whatevs. Got 19 plates to work with.



The line up: Purple Mystic T1 pin, Rusty Whyte T1, Creeper ms plate.



--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25788429 -

thank you madhatter, sounds like thats pretty normal for ms right off the bat then. do they speed when you start making transfers or take a clone ?

like for instance in your second picture, could you tell me how old that ms plate is ? that would tell me what im wanting to know.


--------------------
                                                               
                                                                                    Agar Recipe's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,364 topic views. 4 members, 71 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.