Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767070 -

How much food coloring should be added before PC?


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767078 -

Just a couple drops... doesn't take much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767113 -

I'm doing my first couple of transfers of BHT from MS.  Both look clean and fresh.  To clarify, just a small piece of leading edge?  How many plates is a typical transfer....1:1, 1:5?  I have 25 sterile plates on hand and this variety is growing extremely well in BRF jars and would like to transfer out to the point of sectoring.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25767183 -

So on my first transfer.. is it better to transfer early stages? tomentose edge?


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25767187 -

Humanhelper said:
I'm doing my first couple of transfers of BHT from MS.  Both look clean and fresh.  To clarify, just a small piece of leading edge?  How many plates is a typical transfer....1:1, 1:5?  I have 25 sterile plates on hand and this variety is growing extremely well in BRF jars and would like to transfer out to the point of sectoring.




Humanhelper said:
I'm doing my first couple of transfers of BHT from MS.  Both look clean and fresh.  To clarify, just a small piece of leading edge?  How many plates is a typical transfer....1:1, 1:5?  I have 25 sterile plates on hand and this variety is growing extremely well in BRF jars and would like to transfer out to the point of sectoring.




Typical transfers is pretty much as much as you want. If you want an isolate.. could take 2 or 10. As long as you don't see contam.. you're pretty much good for grain.


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767194 -

Tomentose and rhizomorphic growth patterns are just different expressions... as long as it's clean(ish(est))... I'd concentrate on cleanliness rather than structure right now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767197 -

How many plates do you typically transfer to from original for first transfer? If I have a plate that looks good like above, would I make five new plates from it so I have extras if something goes wrong, 10, etc...? Trying to get an idea before I pour so I know about how many to prep. I hope that makes sense...


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767206 -

Gotcha. Appreciate it man. I respect how much info I have learned off of you just as is.

I know so much more than I did a month ago. Excited for this agar work. Actually seems like fun to watch it grow and manipulating it to what you want almost...


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25767207 -

Humanhelper said:
How many plates do you typically transfer to from original for first transfer? If I have a plate that looks good like above, would I make five new plates from it so I have extras if something goes wrong, 10, etc...? Trying to get an idea before I pour so I know about how many to prep. I hope that makes sense...



I'm not so sure. But it seems as if.. there will always be a spot you could transfer the myc from even if there was an contam. (Just from what I've seen)


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767216 -

I have an intimate relationship with the number 3, so unless I'm transferring a clean culture to 5 SAGARI plates for A2G,  i only do 3... each plate will contain different genetics, so can't go wrong with many, and picking the fastest/ prettiest to continue working with

It's tremendously fun! Lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767219 -

Caps McGee said:
I have an intimate relationship with the number 3, so unless I'm transferring a clean culture to 5 SAGARI plates for A2G,  i only do 3... each plate will contain different genetics, so can't go wrong with many, and picking the fastest/ prettiest to continue working with



Do you just dump the whole agar plates in your grain? Because I know one plate could do a lot of work.. but only if you use small wedges.. which of course I'm sure takes much longer than using a whole plate lol.


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767240 -

Caps McGee said:
I have an intimate relationship with the number 3, so unless I'm transferring a clean culture to 5 SAGARI plates for A2G,  i only do 3... each plate will contain different genetics, so can't go wrong with many, and picking the fastest/ prettiest to continue working with

It's tremendously fun! Lol



You are dope! Thanks Holmes...3 sounds solid. I’ve grown weird shit in the lab but nothing compares to watching meycelium take off, especially the super clean brilliant white plates. Getting stoked!
HH


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767272 -

For sure...these plates are pretty clean so I'll follow caps 3 plate idea...that keeps it simple, less clutter, and then those three will be ready to continue if needed.  Now I have to build more shelves...I see this getting out of hand (in a good way) pretty quickly.  My shop is pretty much a lab with every surface covered in one project or another:)


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25767280 -

How long does it usually take for a clone to take ahold of the agar and start growing? I plan on taking multiple clones and transfering. But I would hate for plates to go to waste. I wanted to make all 25 plates.. but if it takes two weeks for growth to start happening on one plate..I feel like all the other plates I had for transferring will only becoming closer to not being good?


--------------------
:greyalien:



Edited by Vibe_Enthusiast (01/25/19 10:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25767386 -

I typically see mycelium stretching out from the sample within 48 hours: I dying the smaller the sample, the faster it begins to show signs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25767471 -

P. Caerulescens plate from a wild specimen I found this past October.



Another P. Caerulescens phenotype from some recent experiments



Cambodian clone from recently



Roatan Honduras clone from recently.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25767616 -

That cam clone plate looks awesome!  How do you like working with, and eating cam?  I have cam in some shoeboxes from MS that I want to clone and it has been a ripping consolidator!  Just waiting on pinning now.  Looking forward to grabbing some clones if all goes well.  My experience has all been B+, GT (of course), some Z strain I picked up...not sure what it is, other than being a cube, but it was the fastest growing variety I've tried.  I now am jumping into BHT (transferring 1st BHT transfer this weekend, MS to PDA), Brazil, and Mex to broaden the horizons, but have been most pleased with the colonization of the cam.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25768290 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: blazedup]
    #25768449 -

blazedup said:




:thumbup: let one grow out and clone it


--------------------
Psychoactive Fungi of the World        TLs            Franks teks and Tips        Stonesun's..
Spitballs Quick Rye Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhosCap]
    #25768766 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,833 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,489 topic views. 19 members, 250 guests and 181 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.