Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Loc: Nunya, Bidniz
Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED*
    #2370220 - 02/22/04 11:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by supernaut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs [Re: supernaut]
    #2370245 - 02/22/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I had a dream I was at my job (which yesterday was my last day) and I was assigned to mop the cooler since we had sold so much beer that most of the stacks were out and the floor was visible which never happens. I was tired and overwhelmed by this task and a bit exhausted. so i fell asleep on the job, oops. I then woke up and went and talked to the boss (I think this must have been about 645 when my alarm went off which i don't recall shutting it off). So..after i talkled to my boss, i went back to work on this task of cleaning the floor. Then I woke up at 830, wondering what the fuck. That was a very wierd dream, it was so real feeling.

I have been remembering my dreams almost every night now for the last almost 3 weeks now since i quit the herb I do like to remember my dreams though. There is so much more than many of us realize and fewer of us understand. I know that there is meaning to all these dreams i wish i knew how to interpret them.

Watch the movie Waking Life, if you haven't already. That's my advice.

Good luck quitting smoking, it can be tough. Keep up with the exercise and try the gum when your patches wear out. If you're at a real tough point, say 2-4 weeks from now, you can get prescribed Wellbutrin (basically Zyban). It's for depression, but it does wonders with the nicotine addiction.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2373517 - 02/23/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that post was fun to read for some reason.

Heh man I quit smoking after 10 years back in Novemeber, and it was soooooo hard but I did it.
best advice?
simply do it.
First you do have to choose to quit, I had tried before but I just loved smoking so much I didnt really want to.  This time I felt I had no option with my health failing and all.

With time it will get way better dude, an dont worry to much about the drinking/weed smoking connection it will change as well(although it is tough)
I know you can do it man :laugh:
if you want any tips or anything just lemme no

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED* [Re: shaggy101]
    #2373676 - 02/23/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: supernaut]
    #2373706 - 02/23/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #2373733 - 02/23/04 09:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
    #2374042 - 02/23/04 11:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

on the verg of my fifth beer and 4th cig tonight i came across your struggle. i wish you luck, and wish i had your strenght. i quit smoking for FOUR monthes last summer(after 9 years) and then a friend moved back in the area and the smoking kicked right back in. the advice i can offer is try to stay away from bars or any place you went and always had a cig. coffee, alchohl, and cigs are the modern heroin. keep us posted with your progress and don't feel bad about relapse, its part of the healing prosess.

GOOD LUCK and think of your loved ones.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2374087 - 02/23/04 11:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

man, good luck with quitting. i quit a two month cig habit where i didn't smoke that much at all and was actually addicted. it was very hard for me to stop but i did and it has been two weeks. these things are seriously addictive, i couldn't imagine trying to quit a 10-year habit...you have all my support friend!!

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs [Re: TODAY]
    #2375931 - 02/25/04 11:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

has anyone tried that herbal smoke-away stuff? its always advertised on TV, so i at first dismissed it, but then I saw it in a GNC and began to hear that it actually worked well... now i'm curious about it.

oh and GOOD LUCK! :laugh:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2376137 - 02/25/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

supernaut said:
Did you all use any kind of nicotene supplement to get you through?  I'm wondering if it'll get real tough after i quit these patches.

Thanks... :rocket:

I'm quitting after 15 years of smoking. I started using the Commit losenges on January 26. I made two weeks worth of them last up until last weekend when I ran out. The first night after I ran out of them I was drinking at my sisters house with my brother-in-law and I took a drag off of his cigarrette to try and kill the cravings that I had. The taste of the damn thing near about made me puke and I haven't had anything, nicotine wise, since then.

Exercise is a great way to keep your mind off of smoking and cravings. Try to stay away from places that you used to smoke at and if you smoked in your house then try to deodorize everything to get the smoke smell out. I realized just how bad the smell was in my car and on everything else within two weeks of quitting. A girl I know came over to visit and I could smell her smoky breath four feet away.

Also, it is a lot easier to just slip back into your old habits if noone knows that you are trying to quit. Tell everyone you know.

Good luck to you and please send some back my way. If quitting were easy then I'm sure there would be a lot less smokers. Also, there is no time limit when you can just say I'll just have one. I quit for a year once and then started right back up. It's a decision that you have to consciously stick with for life. I've met old-timers that had quit that said they could just eat a cigarrette, they loved them so much. They'd say things like they wish like hell that they were healthy, then they start smoking again.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous #1

Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2376515 - 02/25/04 03:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am using the commit also. It is way better then the patch, becasue it can satisfy the actual habit of going to have a smoke. I just go have a commit. The instructions say to use 09 a day, I use 1-5 max.

It is like chewing tobacco, you got to spit the excess.

The patches gave me horribly lucid dreams when wearing them all night, and they did not satisfy the urge to go have a smoke.

I quit for 6 months before, but I really liked smoking still.

I am on day 6 now, with the commit, and I really don't want to smoke any more.

It was 16 years of smoking for me.

Good luck

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

#2376687 - 02/25/04 04:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
    #2377609 - 02/25/04 11:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

true insperation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED* [Re: supernaut]
    #2389717 - 02/29/04 10:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#2389778 - 02/29/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the thing with quitting is don't be afraid to fail. we aren't perfect. dont bash yourself that you fucked up. instead, think positive about it. because i can truly see you do want to quit.

good luck to you.

Offlinereaderror
PurpleHaze

#2389812 - 02/29/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well man, I would replace cigs w/ somthing more positive, use the money that you used to use on cigs and buy somthing to 'fill in the hole', Replace it w/ somthing that intrest you, like a new game or somthing to keep your mind of smoking.

Anonymous #1

#2400690 - 03/03/04 10:28 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I just quit today. I've been a smoker for over a year now. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't get any cravings or anxiety. It's like I never smoked anything. I'm never buying another pack for the rest of my life. Fuck the greedy tabacco companies. They don't deserve another dollar from me.

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

#2420287 - 03/11/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #2423799 - 03/12/04 11:56 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I quit smoking 8 days ago for the xteenth time. This time I am going to make it though. I was previously quit for 2 years but then me and the girlfriend parted ways and I stupidly started smoking again. That was a couple years ago and I am tired of being a cig slave.
This time I weaned myself down to 1 cig every 3 hours and then went to the Dr and got the Nicotrol Inhaler. It really helps with the cravings on a couple levels. For one the supply of nicotine. For 2 there is the hand to mouth action and somthing to chew on and draw on.
The only down side is the cost is not covered by insurance and it costs $45 a box. It looks like a box will last me around 10 days. This is about 2x the price of cigs in NC. If it can get me to never smoke againit is worth it.
If you are quiting you should make sure to drink lots and lots of water to help flush out those toxins. I try to drink 3 litters of water a day! wow I got to run to the bathroom again.

Good luck to you all!

MycoBag

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom