Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
psychedelics experiences
    #1855409 - 08/27/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i know many people who use psychedelics, and many of them have never had a profound (religious, mystic, spiritual, transcendent....whatever) experience. why do some of us have a revelataons, while others dont? does it have to do with being more receptive? when i used shrooms for the first time it changed me for the better, but i wasnt expecting anything. perhaps it has to do with setting.

edit--i bring this up because a friend asked me and i wasnt sure why.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Edited by CleverName (08/27/03 03:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: CleverName]
    #1855449 - 08/27/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well i know what u mean, way before i even knew what Psychedelic ment. I had friends who did mushrooms and acid ocassionally, and too them it was just seeing funny or horrible stuff and giggling for hours on end. I didnt discover the spiritual side of Psychedelics untill later on when i was doing research on it, But these friends im talking about they are the type that just do drugs for a fix, Not for relaxation or knowledge like the ones who have the revelations, that might be it.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: Spokesman]
    #1855477 - 08/27/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I kinda knew that people had spiritual experiences on psychedelics before i tried them. But when i started doing acid i was only doing it to hallucinate....boy was i suprised

i have wondered the same question
Why do some people have experiences that change them forever and make them better people, while other people trip and then are still assholes afterwards.

I used to think that they were just too dumb to understand it.
My current theory is that some people don't like what psychedelics have to teach them and so they ignore it.

Maybe some people just need to take higher doses in different set/settings

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1855802 - 08/27/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ive always been into philosphy and spirituality, and after doing drugs it seemed to multiply that by infinity. I know lots of people who dont have profound experiences. I know people who think of shrooms as just another way of getting kicks, who can eat 20 grams dry and still be sane. Maybe they are not receptive, i dunno, some have equally intense trips as i do, i can tell. Does this mean they are just able to take more? Or maybe its just a drug to them, and to others its more of a door to the unknown.

Some people are psychedelic thinkers others arnt.
;\

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineCleverName

Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: tak]
    #1856267 - 08/27/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Some people are psychedelic thinkers others arnt.

hehe, yeah i guess so.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #1856678 - 08/27/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a good explanation to me.  Thank god I'm a pychedelic thinker.  :smile:  I wouldn't want to have it any other way. 

--------------------

OfflineThoughtMachine
Stranger

Loc: CO
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: the free thinker]
    #1857035 - 08/27/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Slipknot said it all

--------------------
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Offlinepoxin
Stranger

Loc: B.C. Canada
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: ThoughtMachine]
    #1857523 - 08/28/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've been trying to figure this one out too. It seems to be all about what your into, where your mind is at. I've talked to people that have all but brushed off drugs cause the people they knew that did them used them to escape or just giggled alot. I don't think it ever occurs to some people that drugs can be used as spiritual tools. As a way to see the world in a new refreshing way.

It seems to me that things like shrooms act like mental magnifying glasses.

--------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find
peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come
when you see we're all one
and life flows on within you and without you"

-Beatles

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1857573 - 08/28/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've thought about this myself many times, but then I realized that the reason I started using psychedelics in the first place was because I was searching for something--some kind of truth or meaning in life--and that's what I found. You get out of the psychedelic experience what you put into it.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: silversoul7]
    #1857969 - 08/28/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Its all depends on your mental state, your personality, where you are at... People can be put into similar exeriences and make totally different conclusions and reactions to them..

I wonder what it would have been like the first times I did mushrooms if me and my friend had NOT spent months beforehand on the Shroomery, reading all the Level 5 trip reports and etc...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCleverName

Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1858198 - 08/28/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the 1st time shroomed i had no clue what to expect, i didnt even know what shroomery existed, but i had a full blown 'experience'. i wasnt even into spirituality, religion, or things of that nature but when the trip was over it was like i was born anew, i became aware of many things. although, the first time i ate them was during a difficult period in my life, and the trip took me through mental hell and back...i think that may have been a major catalyst leading to my experience.

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1858250 - 08/28/03 07:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There are many factors that will promote or not a mystic experience.
Dosage I find to be relative, yes at higher dosage the experience will be more intense but could also be catastrophic.
The reason that some people don?t have spiritual experiences is manly them selves.
To reach higher you have to completely surrender and let go, frame of mind and setting are big influences also.
What does surrendering and letting go mean?
Shrooms told me that they don?t like people that take them selves to seriously, if you try to bring your personality into the experience, chances are you will have a bad trip.
You have to let to go of your fake personality (ego) is when you try to hold on to it that you create the conflict and turns the trip sour.
In my last trip I did a strong dosage (6 grams) I was hit so strongly that I lost my awareness (very confuse), and spent 1/2 of the trip struggling I would not let go of my personality (it was very afraid) but at one point I finally let go, and had one of the best dying experiences ever, I tracended for a wile to the source.
Lesson learned some time to much could be a hindrance, I find that my perfect dose is 4 to 4.5 g.
In other words you need some consciousness to reach higher consciousness, psychedelics are tools (helpers) for exploration, not a magic instant spiritual pill.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

Re: psychedelics experiences [Re: LOBO]
    #1858254 - 08/28/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

psychedelics are tools (helpers) for exploration, not a magic instant spiritual pill.

i agree.

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineJunglest
High-Lander

Loc: Bonny Scotland
    #1873546 - 09/02/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The fact that through out history psychedlics have been used to all sorts of siritual ends was a factor that got me interested in them in the first place. Not neccessarily to have a spiritual experience through them but those claims got me intersted in exploring such altered states. The reality of what i would experience however was something that took me completely off guard.
30 mins into your first REALLY intense mushroom trip and all thoughts "nah this propably wont work , all this conciousnesss expansion shit is just mumbo jumbo" are completely out the window.
I agree with lobo however, drugs are no instant miracle pill for a life changing spiritual experience

--------------------
dyn0: drug induced hazes are what makes life worth living
I got so high i scratched till i bled - Nirvana

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order