Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Robots
    #18442914 -

Technology is growing fast, do you think there will be a time when humans will no longer work?

If this happens will there be any negative consequences on the psyche of humanity?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18442934 -

OMG. OMFG. Do you know where they are wanting to herd us? Do you think their utter contempt for us will suddenly turn all nice once they got their robots to do their profit-making. WE are already robots to them. They make us believe we are biological robots, and cogs in a wheel to be subservient to the State. Half the world is in dire poverty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: zzripz]
    #18442962 -

read IRobot by isaac asimov.

soon the computers will be building the computers, people wont be able to fix them


--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: zzripz] * 1
    #18443029 -

WE are already robots to them.

I can agree with your statement although 'We' are not on the same road. At the end, what do I really expect from observing the enormous amount of literally stupid trash walking Earth.


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: zzripz]
    #18443138 -

liquidlounge said:
WE are already robots to them.

I can agree with your statement although 'We' are not on the same road. At the end, what do I really expect from observing the enormous amount of literally stupid trash walking Earth.



:rofl:

The way you ended that statement was just priceless



zzripz said:
OMG. OMFG. Do you know where they are wanting to herd us? Do you think their utter contempt for us will suddenly turn all nice once they got their robots to do their profit-making. WE are already robots to them. They make us believe we are biological robots, and cogs in a wheel to be subservient to the State. Half the world is in dire poverty.



Actually I do think robots doing all the labor would benefit mankind as a whole, less wars, more resources, more freedom. That's not to say things will be perfect, ever.

I can see why you would think the western oligarchy would hate humanity, but I think of them as a collection of individuals with varying interests and opinions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18444553 -

Repertoire89 said:
Technology is growing fast, do you think there will be a time when humans will no longer work?

If this happens will there be any negative consequences on the psyche of humanity?



Could you imagine a robot's campaign for election that's based on more unemployment for everyone to follow their dreams and realize their own potential :lol:  Rather than looking at unemployment as a disease, we looked at our work ethic (finding a master to pay you for wages or live in abject poverty) as obsolete.  Instead, our society has a work esthetic where our creative potential isn't stunted by needing to find a boring job to subsist.

Anyways, I rather doubt it will ever happen, we're pretty wired to control or be controlled, but I see the idea as totally optimistic.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #18444665 -

Well, it'd be cool until they become self-aware and realise the energy-hungry trash-producing organic virus that has taken over the Earth called humans.


--------------------
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth, and taste...

:haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: lolwut]
    #18444714 -

lolwut said:
Well, it'd be cool until they become self-aware and realise the energy-hungry trash-producing organic virus that has taken over the Earth called humans.



What a great idea man, you could run with it and make a blockbuster movie or somethin' :biggrin:


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: lolwut]
    #18452222 -

lolwut said:
Well, it'd be cool until they become self-aware and realise the energy-hungry trash-producing organic virus that has taken over the Earth called humans.



I doubt that would happen, only in the movies. If technology develops to baby mankind, I'd be more worried about the psyche of the species than anything

Its an easy feat for this species to accomplish, but considering the reality of the situation who knows what will actually happen. We're as likely to kill ourselves or ruin this civilization as enrich it so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #18452902 -

jack_straw2208 said:
read IRobot by isaac asimov.



iObserve?


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18454283 -

Repertoire89 said:
Technology is growing fast, do you think there will be a time when humans will no longer work?

If this happens will there be any negative consequences on the psyche of humanity?



I think we will be able to keep up by increasing our intelligence all the same. That is to say transhumanism of sorts, a fusing with the machines.

I see this scenario happening way before machine AI, probably within the next few years. We are going to become AI before AI can become a problem.


--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: hTx]
    #18456592 -

I'll pass on any sort of neuro-cybernetics, but I can see how it would be a positive with nano-technology coming into fruitition. Heal the deaf and the blind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18457399 -

Repertoire89 said:
Technology is growing fast, do you think there will be a time when humans will no longer work?

If this happens will there be any negative consequences on the psyche of humanity?



I think there would be negative consequences for a majority of humanity as they would be killed off as the useless baggage they would represent to those in control. Robots capable of replacing human labor would make excellent soldiers.

After the culling there would be a huge cultural shift though I'm not sure there would be a net negative effect on our psyches. It's a complex scenario and depends on how centralized the power structure becomes.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Rahz]
    #18457730 -

Rahz said:
Robots capable of replacing human labor would make excellent soldiers.



For America that's already happening, between drones planes, boats and the upcoming robot dogs. Kind of crazy to think how powerful the military machine in this country is. Wonder how it'll fall :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18458157 -

worse before it gets better
with regard to racism, entitledism, materialism, and the widening gaps between the classes


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Robots [Re: redgreenvines]
    #18461947 -

the cost of capitalism.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* humans are robots
( 1 2 all )
EternalCowabunga 1,707 26 12/07/07 12:45 AM
by Ozekat
* The robot revolution
( 1 2 all )
Mixomatosis 3,453 39 11/26/03 03:34 AM
by ZenGecko
* Mind Reading Technology - Who would you show your mind to? Noteworthy 300 1 10/15/11 01:34 PM
by cateyes
* Global Warming and the Technological solution
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Rahz 3,733 77 05/28/24 06:07 AM
by Rahz
* Self-replicating, self-repairing robots
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,178 27 03/05/10 03:07 PM
by explosiveoxygen
* DMT, could it open a portal to enter a robot? Zalnar 657 5 08/31/09 08:19 AM
by Noteworthy
* Technology
( 1 2 all )
Simplepowa 2,693 24 03/20/10 10:05 PM
by Poid
* Can technology fix the problems technology created upupup 1,946 19 12/13/02 09:51 PM
by Floydian

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
669 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.