Ginseng1 said: buddy please quit rolling your eyes.

Quote: I never said it was "low" to have emotions. And I never said that having emotions is stupid. I said humans sometimes act in very stupid and irrational ways because of them. You're just pissing yourself off because you misunderstood my post.
The fact that you would think I would have no appreciation for humans, life, creation, and the power we have bestowed in all those aspects bothers me. I love being human, I love my family, I love my friends and I love this experience (most of the time). I wouldn't trade them for anything. Yes.. emotions are very complex indeed..
So you're saying that it's not stupid to feel embarrassed or frustrated, but it's stupid to act according to those feelings. What's the difference?  Honestly I fail to see it.  Generally when someone feels fear or frustration acts as influenced by those feelings. And most of the times the reaction is not so intelligent or wise. It's cause and effect. You can't say that you're ok with the cause but it's the effect that sucks, because those two are directly related. It is true that there are a limited number of cases in which people are able to control those emotions and stop acting so stupid, but that's already a different discussion. So if any, you misunderstood your post, not me.  Let's see again what you said:
Quote: Even think of embarassment. Thats like the worst.. being embarassed infront of alot of people. We feel stupid and turn beet-red and act in strange ways. Robots wouldn't do that shit.
Sounds pretty obvious to me. Also I fail to see the point of comparing humans with robots in that domain. Of course, you could argue and say that you made this statement because it true. And then I could argue and say that it is exactly why I'm wondering about your reasons. The fact that robots don't have emotions and humans have is SO obvious that it doesn't need to be specified just for the sake of specifying it. Which means that the purpose was a lot more. And using deduction, correlating this statement with others that you made, leads me to the conclusion that you were just using that to whine. Correct me if I'm wrong, in a civilized way if possible. 
Quote: I was just pointing out the fact that a robot that has the ability to think in such complex yet rigid ways would easily sway his way around "emotions". A very beaurocratic system of the mind would easily flush the whole "emotion" agenda down the fuckin toilet. I am not one of those, however I will be critical of some emotions and the human behaviour that results, because this is an honest universe, and in the universe there are honest mistakes.
Emotions are a double edged sword bro..
And I am pointing out that humans can rid themselves of acting "stupid" too, and they don't need to lose their emotions. This happens when we decide to stop lying to ourselves and understand our reasons. Feeling and reasoning don't have to exclude each other. In fact, it seems to work the best when we use them together.
Quote: Motherfucker flies sky-high opressing an entire population because makes him feel "big"... to control. Makes him go to bed with a smile on his fat fuckin face. This is something that a human might do. Now, what does that emotion serve for creation? Does is serve an absurd cause? What does it serve for the cosmos and All-That-Is?
Nobody "controls" anybody. I keep hearing this thing that in this world there are those who control and those who are being controlled. It's far from being true. I would go up to the point that there are people who try to impose their will on others, and that there are also people who allow this kind of behavior. I'm sure that you're able to understand the distinction. Both rulers and ruled consciously choose and assume their roles. Also you said: Quote: "This is something that a human might do."
As opposed to robot? What if a robot is programmed to act with authority?  As EternalCowabunga said, I don't think that emotion are here for a purpose in the ways you suggest. It is all a part of the experience of being human. That we are able to find a (personal) purpose to emotions is entirely different and it doesn't mean that the Universe is trying to tell us something through them. Or that we modify the cosmos each time we make use of emotions.
--------------------
  
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs
|