Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
human/robot
    #3653244 - 01/20/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah okay...so, i was just thinking about how little we as humans have to think for ourselves and i had a few ideas....insights whatever..

first at work: seriously now. i dont know what type of job ya'll have or have had in the pastr, but i realised that i didnt even think about what i was doing when i was working at McDonalds(stfu). the order came up on the screen and i just made the food. with out thinking about what to put on it...i just did.
of course this was after about 3 weeks of working there....But i mean...the fuckin computer screen beeps i look up and continue to make the order from there without much thought at all..like its programmed and shit.

second in my car: without the comments about "well maybe you should think when you drive.." and all that jazz. seriously. when you're driving down the road and you see that the little round light is green you mantain your current speed. and if you're at a red light...you sit there and wait for "the light" to tell you its okay now...you can go...,but what if the lights all fucked up???? like last night. i was at work(no longer mcdonalds) and the light at the intersection was all cracked out. it wouldn't turn green!!! it was fuckin hilarious!! at first just one car waiting..then two,three,and so on. literally 15 minutes went by and these cars were still  waiting for the light to turn green.  this is not a busy intersection..and i waork 9pm to 6am this happend halfway through my shift(about 2:30am) the least busy time of the day!!!!?

so i thought damn! those people are fuckin idiots!!!! they are sitting there(maybe late for work) and can't figure out for themselves whether or not it's safe to go??!! Nope! they sat there until finally a cop joined them. he waited for about 5 min himself! and directed traffic at that point. 
what im saying is.... shit. what am i saying? i dont know i just thought that its weird how a light controls when i stop and go, and how a beep prompts me to make a big mac.w/o thinking about what goes on the damn thing. i just did what it told me to do! like fuckin robots man! :confused: :stoned:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesagacity
Coherent
 User Gallery

Re: human/robot [Re: uriahchase]
    #3653332 - 01/20/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe, this is a case about whether you have the focus, or the focus has you ? :P I dont know :smile:

--------------------
Listen . . It is you !

Anonymous

Re: human/robot [Re: uriahchase]
    #3653491 - 01/20/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I find this sort of thing disturbing. People are programmed so well by rules that they absolutely won't break them until some authority tells them it's okay to do otherwise. That traffic light story says a lot about people.

Come here, sheep. ::Baaaaaaah::

Argh I can't find the emoticon I wanted to use...
[insert emoticon of guy banging head on wall here]

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: human/robot [Re: ]
    #3653498 - 01/20/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

when the rulees get up and
dance with no ruler
that is a sight to see.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology