Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
human beings. the perfect machine.
    #2566837 - 04/16/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

complex system working for each other if one system fails the machine as a whole is weakend, and in the worst case crashes. the best thing about this machine is it can make itself stronger and more mobile and has the ability to find it's own energy sources. if it cannot, it uses the stored energy for use. this machine is self aware and before it's body is no longer in use it sends all the data it's kept to the next living line of termianls.
i've always thought the mind could survive without the body and it's the body that can't survive without the mind.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: human beings. the perfect machine. [Re: faelr]
    #2566883 - 04/16/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i've always thought the mind could survive without the body and it's the body that can't survive without the mind.

Without it's partner, the either are fairly useless, until the technology is formed to create cyborg/brain relations.

The mind needs the body to supply blood and oxygen to the brain.

The body needs the mind to operate and control the body.

So it is essentially a sine qua non relationship between the two entities.

Perhaps you uncalculatedly meant our ghost/spirit/soul/ethereal-entity?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: human beings. the perfect machine. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2570213 - 04/17/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

no no. clearly you meant the brain. your brain isn't you. you are how you think. stay out of the dick-tionary. it's worthless.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2570486 - 04/17/04 08:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faelr said:
no no. clearly you meant the brain. your brain isn't you. you are how you think. stay out of the dick-tionary. it's worthless.

a) your brain isn't you. you are how you think.
b) stay out of the dick-tionary. it's worthless.

Support your both parts of your statement with evidence.

Who says I am what I think? I am what others think I should think and what others think I shouldn't think. My brain creates these thought processes which were innate, and our environment creates language, our cognition towards society, and ultimately our perception. The brain itself is extremely adaptive and absorbent, but we are born with an unused chalkboard. Life writes on us; we are our experiences, nothing more.

If you want proof look up a girl who was locked up in an attic until she was seven years of age with no humanly contact. She was animalistic. (I forget her name, but it is a popular study in developmental psychology).

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2570499 - 04/17/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, human beings are far from the perfect machine. I haven't slept all night and I am very fatigued so I will list my reasons at a later time if requested.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: human beings. the perfect machine. [Re: daba]
    #2570513 - 04/17/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"Life writes on us; we are our experiences, nothing more."

look a little deeper.  what is your true essence?  essence means that which doesn't change, or your true nature.  if you want evidence, think about this...can your memories be wiped away?? how about your personality? I know I've had mine do that when I experienced ego-loss.

this means what YOU are isn't even your experiences because they CAN be changed.  so can your personality.  this happens even naturally over long periods of time.

so if you are not that, what is your essence?  notice that even when your personality goes, and your memories are gone, YOU can sti;ll percive the world around you.  TO me our essential nature is awareness.  this is what doesn't change, even under the influence of drugs (until you die that is :smile:)

to get a better understanding.. I posted something on this on trendals thread...that is if your interested and want to have a kick ass conversation :grin:  it's not that long either..

web page

you said we are the mind, but really the mind is a tool that we use to percieve reality.  remember it is called "your personality"  "your mind" "your memories", doesn't mean that memories, personality, nor your mind is YOU. YOU percieve, that is your awareness gathers in information, and it is the mind/personality that determines how you experience this.

Think of it as your mind as a computer.  you are the operator, how you feel are programs, while your memories are stored in the disk space.  You are the one looking at the screen...you're not the screen itself.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2572786 - 04/18/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

faelr

Congratulations you've created western medicine! Or at least you're an example of the mentality it was born from. Neat eh?

I'm afraid the mind cannot be separated from the body. Thus have I spake, so it is.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: human beings. the perfect machine. [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2573232 - 04/18/04 05:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
faelr

Congratulations you've created western medicine! Or at least you're an example of the mentality it was born from. Neat eh?

I'm afraid the mind cannot be separated from the body. Thus have I spake, so it is.

you'e afraid. thats why your mind can't leave it's shell. thats what i know.

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2573234 - 04/18/04 05:30 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
Quote:

faelr said:

a) your brain isn't you. you are how you think.
b) stay out of the dick-tionary. it's worthless.

Support your both parts of your statement with evidence.

where there is doubt, you can find success....under it's feet.

Who says I am what I think? I am what others think I should think and what others think I shouldn't think. My brain creates these thought processes which were innate, and our environment creates language, our cognition towards society, and ultimately our perception. The brain itself is extremely adaptive and absorbent, but we are born with an unused chalkboard. Life writes on us; we are our experiences, nothing more.

If you want proof look up a girl who was locked up in an attic until she was seven years of age with no humanly contact. She was animalistic. (I forget her name, but it is a popular study in developmental psychology).

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2573313 - 04/18/04 07:15 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm waiting for some support to your claims, faelr.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2573341 - 04/18/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The natural order of all things in the Universe supports this. All energy systems are recycled within a closed system (the Universe). This includes energy, atoms, everything. Well it is my opinion that consciousness is a form of energy that is recycled within the Universe.

And yes I think that during this life time, this mechanism of awareness (my body) was designated for me so that I may continue to walk the path of evolution and creation. Soon, I will shed myself from this shell and move on to another.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2581344 - 04/20/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

you obviously haven't experienced extreme ego loss. you aren't your experiences if you we're your experience then you'd be in total control of them...well guess what shit happens! you are the dreamer and in this dream we share, called reality, you get to see a life time of experiences and none of them are you. they may have shaped the way YOU think but thats all. can i ask, whose in control of your fate, you or everyone else?
good conversation by the way!
and yes....where there is doubt you'll find success right under it feet!

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2581526 - 04/20/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faelr said:
you obviously haven't experienced extreme ego loss.

faelr: You don't know anything about me so please do not assume anything.

Quote:

faelr said:

Quote:

faelr said:
you'e afraid. thats why your mind can't leave it's shell. thats what i know.

You seem to know a lot about people (who you perhaps have spoken to for the first time on this thread) who you hardly know, including myself. You also seem to know whats right and whats wrong for others.

How do you know these things? What makes your experience valid for anyone else? Who are you to tell me what I feel, or what I think?

You still have not given me any proof of your statements, just generalized quotes. Here's a new one for you: "Sincerely, the most deluded always travel the best path in their own brains." I'll let you think about that; that is, if you can break out of YOUR shell.

To answer your question: I personally believe that no one is in control of anything. Everything happened this way and could not have happened any other way. Everything is predetermined, and to think one has control of anythng is quite fallacious.

Also, the dictionary is a very useful tool. Maybe we are living in reality, and you dwell by yourself in your ignis fatuus. Nevertheless, everything is in the eye of the beholder. :3rd_eye:

P.S., if you had eaten a large amount of psychadellics and now claim that you have seen the light, cache the thought that light may be merely an overanalyzation of your own livelihood. Do not speak for others!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2585269 - 04/20/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

you think everything is predetermined and i think otherwise.
i cannot explain anything i said to you. the words i speak are for those of a like mind. me trying to explain my words to you is useless, we are 2 people on 2 different paths and my words would fall on deaf ears.
you use facts backed up by what you've read and heard. i don't bother with facts because somewhere on the timeline they quickly become fiction. so believe what you want about me or don't believe anything at all, it's all your choice....but according to you that would be predetermined as well.

you can say what you want, in the end no one is listening.

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2585363 - 04/20/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
P.S., if you had eaten a large amount of psychadellics and now claim that you have seen the light, cache the thought that light may be merely an overanalyzation of your own livelihood. Do not speak for others!

for someone you doesn't like assuming you do a good job of it. i said these are the things that i know. not the things i know of you. but i can understand how things can be quickly misconstrued on a message bored. if you don't agree with what i say then don't. it's no sweat off my sack!

i hate dictionaries because,to me, they try and describe the meaning of a word with more words. that is like, to me, try to put together a puzzle by adding more pieces. did you notice that dictionaries keep getting bigger, yeah words are made up and used in different ways all the time. hence my belief for them being useless. ain't ain't a word 'cause it ain't in the dictionary, i remember spatting out those words in grade school....well ain't is a word 'cause it's now in the dictionary. no book is going to tell me how to speak and that is the end of it! hahha

just because i did a large amount of shrooms and experienced something great doesn't for one second mean that that is how i induce them.
i am native american (look up nipmuck) and astral travel is apart of our heritage. so don't assume that i've become the way i am overnight. i am that i am.
anyway this makes for good argument so keep it going :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2585883 - 04/21/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed. Time does consume all.

Nonetheless, you claim that you do not use "facts" because they will dissipate in time. But this comes down to the dilemma analgous to the scenario "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around..." with regards noise.

Of course that is up for debate, but my perspective is if something is there and has always been there (unless you believe in solipsism [sp?]) it doesn't matter if you are aware of its precense or not. Then again, I have already stated a counter-argument.

It is hard to understand your typed words because of grammatical errors, but I have an idea of what you are trying to say. My response: although we disagree, live and let live.

By the way, the "official" way to make a word is to make it satisfy two conditions: 1. The word must be pronouncable. 2. You must attach some sort of meaning to it. That is why the dictionary keeps getting larger. To elucidate, "eegl-glorp" means "to dance angrily" in my jargon. Since I have satisfied the two conditions, then "eegl-glorp" is a word. This is hypothetical of course, but lo and behold I am a creator of words!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2585912 - 04/21/04 02:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

gramatical errors...what do you mean!
hahaha i type to fast for my own good.
in my perspective, the tree in the forrest doesn't make a sound. the forest doesn't exist. until i see the forest and the fallen tree i'm not going to believe it ever existed in the first place.....we don't think that differently, we just apply our opinion to different context. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2585919 - 04/21/04 02:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
lo and behold I am a creator of words!

damn i gotta try that! hahhahha

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2586654 - 04/21/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faelr said:
in my perspective, the tree in the forrest doesn't make a sound. the forest doesn't exist. until i see the forest and the fallen tree i'm not going to believe it ever existed in the first place.....we don't think that differently, we just apply our opinion to different context. :smile:

That is sort of effectively ignorant, don't you think? I haven't experienced being in what is known as the city of Tokyo, but I have experienced evidence to suggest that it is there. Unless it has been a very intricate and elaborate hoax....  :smirk:

We have our consciousness and everything else might be observed by it, but that doesn't mean that there isn't anything outside of our consciousness that is to be experienced.

It is important to come to understand what consciousness is and how it perceives reality, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a reality existing beyond it. Our every idea of what reality actually is we only know because of our state of awareness, our consciousness, but it is still out there, existing without any inherent meaning. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: human beings. the perfect machine. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2586657 - 04/21/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Unless it has been a very intricate and elaborate hoax....

Dang! How did you find out?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order