Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSimplepowa
In Pursuit of Knowledge

Re: Technology [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12237085 - 03/20/10 01:54 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
tell ya what, I think the problem with progress is simply that we are progressing without exploring. There are so many things we can do with our bodies and with things around us. there are many ways to be entertained without technology. Many medicines in the earth. Kids love videogames because society does not provide many real opportunities for expressing control and strategy in life. We use technology to allow us to do more things with less thought. This simply allows people to remain ignorant and ultimately uncoordinated

I see a lot of people always with their MP3 on their ears. I see a lot of people spending beautiful day playing videogames. I see a lot of people watching TV non stop for shows and news.

All these technologies are not synonym of progress. Like you said, people remains ignorant and won't confront what they really think with those thing. It incapacitate the user from "free thinking".

And some people can believe that computer make people retard. If you spend all your time on Facebook other communication thing, sure you will. But if you love to go in a forum and reading other people point of view and experience, it is all a different game. So computer means progress in one way, and mind melting in the other.

And yes, I approve too that we don't take the time to fully research something when it is done. It's like: ITS DONE LETS CREATE SOMETHING ELSE! So nobody really research the potential of earth's medecine like you said. All the plants and etc contain surely some remedy for cancer of whatever. Some chemical that are being banned too!

--------------------
Carl Sagan - "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."

---

Robert Pirsig - "When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

---

Brian Cox - "[One] problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Technology [Re: Icelander]
    #12237309 - 03/20/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Anyway I really don't give a funk anymore. I gave up 99 and 44/100% on the chances the human race will head in any worthwhile (imo) direction ever. So fuck it. I'm going to have a few kicks as I can find them and then get the fuck out of this stoopid place.  One of the advantages of age if you're not a total dorkus.

:rofldrunk:

DGAF 4 LYFE

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Technology [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12237319 - 03/20/10 02:50 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
The bow and arrow was just as groundbreaking in it's time let me tell you. It insured our survival and moved us to the top of the food chain and changed humanity in ways that have allowed for all this modern technology.

dont you think it was the throwing of a spear that made this impact? By bow and arrow, humans are already at the top of the food chain...
though the point still stands

Well yes and then the atlatl http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlatl ; and then the bow. But the bow put us over the top.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Technology [Re: Icelander]
    #12238227 - 03/20/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Bow ties are so hep. :pimp:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Technology [Re: Simplepowa]
    #12239327 - 03/20/10 10:05 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Simplepowa said:
Is technology synonym of progress?

No, it is the result of a specific kind of progress--the terms 'technology' and 'progress' are not synonyms.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder