Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Post your Theories on Life after Death here.
    #1719002 - 07/15/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post your theories on life and the universe here.
Here is my scpheel:

This theory is based of the widely accepted notion that everything in the universe is but a chemical rxn, and that the universe is infinitely large and has infinite depth.

So, let's get started. Our bodies are but a series of chemical rxns. The ability for me to type this sentence at this moment is a chemical rxn in my body and in my brain that allows me to do so. But before I get ahead of myself, let's take this theory to a simpler level.

We all know the mix for chocolate milk. 1 cup of milk to 1 tablespoon (give or take, bear with me) of chocolate syrup. That is the formula, if you will, for chocolate milk. Our bodies and psyches are the same way. Let's say Blueprint A is the complex series of chemical rxns to create a "daba" at this moment in time. Because the universe is infinitely large, it is possible that Blueprint A is existing somewhere else in the universe and so is "daba," just like it is very possible that someone else at this moment may be making a glass of chocolate milk.

Let's get to the heart of this theory. With what I just typed in mind, when "daba" dies, is it not possible for another Blueprint A to exist somewhere else in the universe? (This is analogous to if a cup of chocolate milk enjoyed and finished, would it not be very likely that somewhere else in the world someone was mixing up a new cup of chocolate milk?) Right now, I am uncertain of what may happen after death, and I am not 100% positive that Blueprint A exists out there, but that, ultimately, is what Blueprint A is capable of... a "daba" that does not know if he exists elsewhere and is limited to the knowledge he harbors at this moment. Bascially, we exist infinitely... we are created and destroyed infinitely... as we are all but chemical reactions.

Do you guys and gals get what I am trying to convey here? I'll try to clarify later. Hopefully someone will understand.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: daba]
    #1720623 - 07/16/03 04:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the way i see it, our memorys, and personality, and everything is in our brain...when you die, thats it...you are gone (like before you were born, you didnt exist...so imagining no afterlife is relatively simple...)

i dont know why people believe when they die they goto some magical heaven or anything, how could you remember? why would we have some mystical being inside us (soul), and how the hell could that be US, considering we are made up and effected by our memorys

--------------------

Offlinekangoo
ONEVIBE

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1720631 - 07/16/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a pantheist and believe that when we die, we return to the universe.
Our energy return to the universes energy and our physical body returns to the earth.

We are not consicous of this, so you migth as well say that "you are gone" like SHiZNO.

I imagine death must feel alot like sleeping without dreaming, you simply "are not".

A human is to the universe, what a cell is to a human.

Have a good summer!

--------------------
Divine moments of truth occurs when watching
lucy in the sky with diamonds!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1720679 - 07/16/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My theory:

All the universe is one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. At the point of death, we undergo a transformation from subjective experience to objective experience. We become a part of the universal consciousness.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1720684 - 07/16/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The idea that a person can continue to exist somehow intact but without a biological body after death is just wishful thinking rooted in the Ego.

And the same goes for the idea that your soul is reincarnated in another biological body. That scenario is however slightly more realistic, because just as the sense of continuity of the self comes from the propagation of certain qualities from one instance to the next, one could imagine that a recurrence of certain qualities from one biological body to another one might give rise to a similar sense of continuity. But there is no reason to believe that such "reincarnations" must be linear. If the Dalai Lama can be reincarnated in several bodies in succession, then why can't he just as well be reincarnated in a hundred bodies simultaneously?

Then there is the idea that you will be physically resurrected in a new copy of your old body thousands or millions of years from now. Such a scenario is of course pure speculation, but if it happens I wouldn't really consider it life after death. It would be just like if your heart stopped for a few minutes and then you are brought back to life again. Only difference is that the stoppage is measured in millions of years instead of a few minutes.

My personal theory is that "death" is sort of an illusion, just as the illusion that the reality tunnels we identify ourselves with are the only things that constitute "life". Whenever one reality tunnel ends, others will continue, and all the contributions to the creation of universe that were made by that particular reality tunnel will continue to propagate forever. That's all there is to it. :sun: 

Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1720707 - 07/16/03 06:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i do belive that this is all to special and somthing, i dont know what, created this. i say this because if all this was random how does it work so good. but i dont think there is life after death. i think we are meant to die to create life. and are energy desperces back into nature. thats why i hate coffen's why put us in a box???????? what a waste.yeah so i think the meaning of life is to live enjoy than die and become one with nothing again.........i cant wait

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: realrasta]
    #1720742 - 07/16/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<b>Post your theories on life and the universe here.</b>

I was born.
I will die.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: Seuss]
    #1720763 - 07/16/03 06:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Brief and mundane.
Yet shockingly true.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1721049 - 07/16/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

there is no "life" after "death"  These are dumbed down concepts (thanks English) of the human ego.  Who knows what will happen after the heart stops and the brains cells burn.  thinking about death taked us away from living in the "now" anyways. :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: kaiowas]
    #1721077 - 07/16/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I suspect that whetever happens will have been largely unpredictable...maybe the sacred shrooms open a crack into an otherworld into which we enter after the body dies, or at least one kind of otherworld...I know I watched my father pass, and he seemed pretty amazed at the moment..

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1721158 - 07/16/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

my theory on life after death is that it's a pipe dream :smile:

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1721173 - 07/16/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinetitan_shroomer
master of dreams
Loc: i am a universe
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1721174 - 07/16/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think when u die u become a universal consiousness
the endless nothingness of space.

--------------------
fuk the police
-NWA

im not an anarcist im a FREEDOM fighter
-Me

God damn it i dont like this brain i want a new one.
-Me

nothing happens till it moves
-Eistien

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. *DELETED* [Re: titan_shroomer]
    #1721220 - 07/16/03 10:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinetitan_shroomer
master of dreams
Loc: i am a universe
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1721413 - 07/16/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i have another theorie
when u die ur brain releases dmt so ur trippin
when u trip there is a time distortion, so the time distortion
could be so long ur re born agin and u die and u tripp on dmt
and itr stats all over agin a never ending ciccle of trips
over and over agin so ur whole life is "fake" a halucination

--------------------
fuk the police
-NWA

im not an anarcist im a FREEDOM fighter
-Me

God damn it i dont like this brain i want a new one.
-Me

nothing happens till it moves
-Eistien

Anonymous

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: titan_shroomer]
    #1721465 - 07/16/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think that when all organisms die, they kind of join a collective energy throughout the Universe. This energy is what keeps all of us alive, and what keeps the wind blowing and everything.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1721499 - 07/16/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
One way I describe it, relates to this site (search for "DMT and the Pineal Gland" on that page)

When you die:
"During a natural death experience, the pineal gland will release the last of its 5-meo-DMT and DMT, along with the Pinoline. Once again flooding the brain with these two chemicals."

Pinoline is similar to harmaline, it is an MAOI.

So if you get flooded with these chemicals, you will trip a DMT trip. Time might seem very very long, and perhaps the pinoline inhibits the breaking down of DMT. Who knows what would happen in someone's brain, if they are dying and on DMT at the same time?

How about stories of people who die, and think they see a superior being, or at least are surrounded in white light. I could imagine it would be an experience for someone.

This is what I imagine the death process to be. If we examine the human body has having mechnisms designed for certain purposes, the fact that it produces DMT as a part of the process of dying, is to me, very good sign that death is a transition. Of course, there is no way of knowing for sure, but it's a very scientific explaination of what's going to happen.

If there is a beautiful afterlife, I think that we are not supposed to know what happens after death as a way of keeping us alive. Its hard to picture people trying to stay alive in extremely painful situations if they know there is a wonderful afterlife waiting for them.

After having my own DMT experinces, I really believe there is more, and whatever it is, it's that way for a reason.....

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: LeViTY]
    #1721542 - 07/16/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Death is a trip to somewhere.
I believe that somewhere is everywhere. We just don't understand how this works but we keep imagining places to rest our soul or whatever you may call it, i don't think there is a place, the place is not important, the moment, the experience is more important.
Anyway, what is the importance of a place if you don't have a physical body ? I believe we are beyond time and space when we die.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSammi
stoner

Loc: Texas
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: MAIA]
    #1721857 - 07/16/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not really sure as to what I believe. I hope theres no life after death. And so far no one can really prove either way.
Reading what you all have said has made me think a little more into death and such.
Daba: That is a good theory on life and death....I hope your right :smile:

--------------------
Every cause has an effect, but in the end you get what you give.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Post your Theories on Life after Death here. [Re: Sammi]
    #1722897 - 07/16/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I CAN PROVE NONE OF THIS SO DON'T ASK ME TO:

When your body dies your soul goes back to the source of its origin. you could call that GOD if you wanted to. What GOD does to your soul depends on a lot of things. He could send it back to earth whole in another body. he could chop it up into little pieces and use it to construct new souls. he could destroy it completely.

it all depends on your karma and what you need to learn next.

I am a believer in multiple lifetimes, because I have memories that 'dont fit' with my current life. Although I know that I can't prove it to any of you, I also know that I am not crazy.

anyway, we'll all find out soon enough so there's really no point theorizing...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order